Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Originally Posted by kwendt
APB.... there is a FREE VS in a case (case is shot. Machine is dirty, forgotton... but nice decals), over at shopgoodwill.com. No one is bidding on it. It's the older full sized, 127 looking type, spoke wheel, able to treadle. Here's the link... just in case someone is interested. (This isn't enabling anyone is it???? <grin!>). http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8136519

PS there is also a electric, spoke wheel Lotus 66 there as well. Cords cut, some rust, some wear on the decals, but oh my.

AND a Singer 403, with pristine carry case, Singer plastic accessories case (with accessores), feet, cams, manual, and extras. Looks Clean!!! They've got one $5 bid on it.
I looked, but I couldn't find the 403. It must be sold already. I'd like that one.
IRISHROSE.... here's the link to the 403.... up to $13 now! Heck, I paid $85 for my 403 with all it's attachments, cams, case AND a card table. So this one is still a steal, even with shipping. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8150023

When you 'shop' on the goodwill site, it's a good idea to do a search for something basic, like "sewing"... 'cause half the time, the people that describe the items, don't really know what they are describing or use different words...
Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Here is my flag quilt. I made it in 2007. I have searched all morning to find a picture of our bridleless drill team carrying the flag in a 4th of July parade here a couple years ago, but I CAN'T find the picture! I really wanted to post a picture of our parade on this 4th of July day!

Happy 4th everyone!

Nancy
Nancy, Beautiful flag! Thanks for sharing that gorgeous quilt with us!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 AM

I started a thread to show off our quilts that we have made using vintage machines. I thought it would also be nice to see a photo of the machine (or at least one machine) used to make the quilt along with picture of the quilt. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Have fun posting all your lovely pieces of work. It will be fun seeing what everyone has created and with what machine!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
APB.... there is a FREE VS in a case (case is shot. Machine is dirty, forgotton... but nice decals), over at shopgoodwill.com. No one is bidding on it. It's the older full sized, 127 looking type, spoke wheel, able to treadle. Here's the link... just in case someone is interested. (This isn't enabling anyone is it???? <grin!>). http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8136519

PS there is also a electric, spoke wheel Lotus 66 there as well. Cords cut, some rust, some wear on the decals, but oh my.

AND a Singer 403, with pristine carry case, Singer plastic accessories case (with accessores), feet, cams, manual, and extras. Looks Clean!!! They've got one $5 bid on it.
I looked, but I couldn't find the 403. It must be sold already. I'd like that one.
IRISHROSE.... here's the link to the 403.... up to $13 now! Heck, I paid $85 for my 403 with all it's attachments, cams, case AND a card table. So this one is still a steal, even with shipping. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8150023

When you 'shop' on the goodwill site, it's a good idea to do a search for something basic, like "sewing"... 'cause half the time, the people that describe the items, don't really know what they are describing or use different words...
Don't worry about the Free VS. I've been watching her and put a bid in on her. Hopefully she will be mine.

Texas Jan
Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

I actually found a REAL singer darning foot for a straight, low shank machine about 2 weeks ago. Haven't tried it yet. It's not the 'hopping' kind, like most use for FMQ... so I'm guessing that it would be best used for machine applique. At least, that's what I'm going to try it on first. Anyone else have ideas? Thanks! I LOVE this board.
I've never tried either one - the one with the spring or the one that is straight metal - I'm not sure what they do at all. I did test a spring like thing a few weeks ago - it was fun but haven't had time to get back with it. I'm hoping someone would 'splain the other FM feet. I'm laid up today with a bad case of poison ivy mixed with bug bites. We've been clearing a path to the door of a house we bought at a tax sale. Found one well growing plant we suspect might have some street value.... Got it leveled for now - too bad - it was pretty and smells good...
Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
I've never tried either one - the one with the spring or the one that is straight metal - I'm not sure what they do at all. I did test a spring like thing a few weeks ago - it was fun but haven't had time to get back with it. I'm hoping someone would 'splain the other FM feet. I'm laid up today with a bad case of poison ivy mixed with bug bites. We've been clearing a path to the door of a house we bought at a tax sale. Found one well growing plant we suspect might have some street value.... Got it leveled for now - too bad - it was pretty and smells good...
I wonder if either sew classic or stitches in time has a document that explains the differences. That would be good. meanwhile.... I just had to laugh at the rest of your post! I'm NOT laughing that you've got a 'case' of poisen ivy... but at the rest of the post! Amazing what the tax folks will sell, now ain't it!?! (um... if big brother is watching: please know that the previously stated remark is a joke, and in no way endorses, condones or approves of any illegal, semi-legal (if one resides or domociles in california) or quasi-illegal activity on behalf of said party or parties from which, or to which, the said posting was directed, mis-directed, or..... ). lol
Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 AM

I wonder if either sew classic or stitches in time has a document that explains the differences. That would be good. meanwhile.... I just had to laugh at the rest of your post! I'm NOT laughing that you've got a 'case' of poisen ivy... but at the rest of the post! Amazing what the tax folks will sell, now ain't it!?! (um... if big brother is watching: please know that the previously stated remark is a joke, and in no way endorses, condones or approves of any illegal, semi-legal (if one resides or domociles in california) or quasi-illegal activity on behalf of said party or parties from which, or to which, the said posting was directed, mis-directed, or..... ). lol
LOL: pretty sure you're covered with protection there kwendt!

Miriam, so sorry your tangled with poisin ivy. Not fun. :-(
Old 07-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
LOL: pretty sure you're covered with protection there kwendt!

Miriam, so sorry your tangled with poisin ivy. Not fun. :-(
Ha! Now we are both covered........ I wonder what will happen when we have a bonfire???

Instead of a 'beware of the dog' sign, I could put up 'please don't trample the poison ivy' or' pet the skunk at your own risk' if we were living in the country I would for sure put up a sign that said 'milk the bull at your own peril' any other suggestions? we have a big privacy fence to mend - the more signs the merrier - might at least patch the fence for a while.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 AM

I love it!
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Here is my flag quilt. I made it in 2007. I have searched all morning to find a picture of our bridleless drill team carrying the flag in a 4th of July parade here a couple years ago, but I CAN'T find the picture! I really wanted to post a picture of our parade on this 4th of July day!

Happy 4th everyone!

Nancy
Old 07-04-2011, 09:57 AM

I need a part for a 127 singer. I saw a place listed here from Ill.Guy Baker sewing machine service and parts.
Has anyone ever ordered from him? Thanks for the info.