Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
Chris, such a tribute to your duty, thank you,
Thank you. I had the honor many times of either reveille duty or retreat duty. The first is when the flag goes up and the latter is when the flag is taken down at night. Those songs still move me and I can picture fairly well what is happening during the movements in the music. It truly was an honor to have the flag duty eben when it was 30 degrees below zero with a nice north wind whipping along at a good clip too.
Have a happy 4th of July!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM

My family has served also. I would like to pass this on, I cry each time I watch it.

Done right!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ETrr-XHBjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkxiqKj0nU
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by nannie
I need a part for a 127 singer. I saw a place listed here from Ill.Guy Baker sewing machine service and parts.
Has anyone ever ordered from him? Thanks for the info.
I have!! I'm VERY impressed with Guy Baker! My first experience with him was when I got my Kenmore, and the motor smoked. I talked to him about getting a new motor for it, and he immediately told me that he wouldn't sell me one until it was certain that this one didn't work. (It had obviously sat for quite a long while) Told me to call him back if and when the motor actually went out on the machine.
He's an honest as the day is long, trustworthy man!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM

I was impressed with him also . I ordered a part for my 127 2 weeks ago. I called him back once but still have not heard from him. That's why I was concerned about him.Maybe I' ll hear soon.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
My family has served also. I would like to pass this on, I cry each time I watch it.

Done right!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ETrr-XHBjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkxiqKj0nU
Pass the tissue please. Kathie
Old 07-04-2011, 02:36 PM

I am thinking about starting to look for a Singer 401 or 403. Any thoughts or opinions on these machines????
Old 07-04-2011, 02:47 PM

I found the 401 and am bidding on it. I bet it will go up tomorrow, but who knows. AnnieRose is still making some strange noises. I want another slant needle now that I'm addicted. I sew on one from the 400 series at quilt guild and I like it.

I am surprised at the FWs. Do the prices skyrocket at the end? Of course some aren't identified as FWs.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
I found the 401 and am bidding on it. I bet it will go up tomorrow, but who knows. AnnieRose is still making some strange noises. I want another slant needle now that I'm addicted. I sew on one from the 400 series at quilt guild and I like it.
What kind of strange noise is AnnieRose making?

The 400 series are precision machines both in the machine and how well you can sew.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:33 PM

Well I wasn't out junkin today, but on our way to the store - I wanted to go a long back road - we spotted a 'Barn Sale' sign so pulled in to see what they had.

They had tons of stuff, but I had to ask if there were any old sewing machines. This lady said yes, she had her Mother's portable machine in the house along with it's table. I immediately thought FW and asked to see the machine! Anyway, to make a long story short this is what I got for $125 - allotted on February 15, 1939, a FW with her card like table, her attachments, and the power cord/foot pedal. We have to replace the power cord. I was, and still am, really excited and guilty feeling because I didn't tell her what she had! I just gave her the $125, got the machine and table, thanked her, and left! I was not even trying to find another FW!

Nancy

I posted her picture in the photo shop too! The machine behind the FW is my Singer 15-88 treadle.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220941.jpe   attachment-220942.jpe  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 PM

Wow, that is a pretty FW and table. Nothing to feel guilty about.

miriam, my 301 still groans occasionally. My son thought he found a metal to metal spot and oiled it. When it happened again, I took off the bottom, turned her totally upside down and found another grease tube, so I took care of that. I really don't where else to look. I'm ready for a 400 series for piecing and save AR for FMQ if the 15 bobbin doesn't FMQ as well as the vertical one. I like the 400? I sew on at quilt guild. I don't know which one it is.