Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Yes--I've ordered quite a few things from Guy. Great to work with.

Originally Posted by nannie
I need a part for a 127 singer. I saw a place listed here from Ill.Guy Baker sewing machine service and parts.
Has anyone ever ordered from him? Thanks for the info.
He is great! Very willing to talk to you on the phone and help in any way he can. Good prices and fast delivery!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:07 PM

Wow, Shopgoodwill.com is another site like ebay to stay off.
There is a 201 I that had on my watch list, but I'm going to take it off. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8162092

I'lll see what happens tomorrow with the 403.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by QuilterGary
There was an add on CL that had a machine for sale because she had upgraded. Then the same add worded a little different in several different towns. I guessed that to be a spam hunter.
If you want to post an ad for something, in several different sections of your state, you have to word them a bit differently from the others because if you don't then the multiple ads will get pulled from the listing. I've had that happen to some of my ads. Now I just change the wording a little and they are all set.
Thanks that is nice to know. There is just so much weird stuff going on anymore.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I started a thread to show off our quilts that we have made using vintage machines. I thought it would also be nice to see a photo of the machine (or at least one machine) used to make the quilt along with picture of the quilt. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134918-1.htm

Have fun posting all your lovely pieces of work. It will be fun seeing what everyone has created and with what machine!
Monica, what a great thing to start for us! I will post a couple I made using several vintage machines as soon as I can!

Thank you guys for your kind words about my flag quilt. That flag quilt was made before vintage, but I love the little quilt!

All you guys have done some beautiful work on quilts posted in the Quilt Photo Shop, but Sharon your quilt is my colors! I love brights!

Nancy
Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
I've never tried either one - the one with the spring or the one that is straight metal - I'm not sure what they do at all. I did test a spring like thing a few weeks ago - it was fun but haven't had time to get back with it. I'm hoping someone would 'splain the other FM feet. I'm laid up today with a bad case of poison ivy mixed with bug bites. We've been clearing a path to the door of a house we bought at a tax sale. Found one well growing plant we suspect might have some street value.... Got it leveled for now - too bad - it was pretty and smells good...
Miriam this is so funny, although, I think I'd have called the authorities just to protect myself! I have gotten poison oak so bad so many times that now I am not allergic to it. When we first bought our ranch there was a ton of poison oak - after years of clearing it away -- getting it all over my body - we have gotten rid of most of it, and I don't get it any more. I can go riding and pull it off the trail with my bare hands! I love it! That is nasty stuff!

Nancy
Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I found the 401 and am bidding on it. I bet it will go up tomorrow, but who knows. AnnieRose is still making some strange noises. I want another slant needle now that I'm addicted. I sew on one from the 400 series at quilt guild and I like it.

I am surprised at the FWs. Do the prices skyrocket at the end? Of course some aren't identified as FWs.
Yes, the FW's skyrocket at the end. Once in a while one gets missed, but for the most part they go up and up.

Nancy
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I've never tried either one - the one with the spring or the one that is straight metal - I'm not sure what they do at all. I did test a spring like thing a few weeks ago - it was fun but haven't had time to get back with it. I'm hoping someone would 'splain the other FM feet. I'm laid up today with a bad case of poison ivy mixed with bug bites. We've been clearing a path to the door of a house we bought at a tax sale. Found one well growing plant we suspect might have some street value.... Got it leveled for now - too bad - it was pretty and smells good...
Miriam this is so funny, although, I think I'd have called the authorities just to protect myself! I have gotten poison oak so bad so many times that now I am not allergic to it. When we first bought our ranch there was a ton of poison oak - after years of clearing it away -- getting it all over my body - we have gotten rid of most of it, and I don't get it any more. I can go riding and pull it off the trail with my bare hands! I love it! That is nasty stuff!

Nancy
Maybe if I had called they would have taken it out and the poison ivy too... Well guess what there is more where that came from. I'm going to call them this afternoon.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:17 AM

Good morning all. I have listed a Singer 401a in the classifieds. Nice running machine. It was rescued covered in dirt and grim and badly in need of a bath and moisturizing treatment. She is a happy girl now.
Tommie
Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I contacted a vendor about a metal darning foot for my Singer 301A. It took some doing but they were able to locate one and quoted a price of $30 plus shipping. That seems like a lot to me. Is it? :shock:
Linda, that seems like a lot to me. Look at sewclassic.com...they have a bunch of parts for 301s and I saw one on there for cheaper than that. They have both plastic and metal. The plastic ones are OK...I have one on my BabyLock on my quilting frame, and it's been there for 5 years. Still works fine.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
I need help with a 1” pin that fell out when I turned the machine right side up after scrubbing the underside. I did not take it out, it just fell out!!
I don’t know where it goes. I think it is a 66 from 1926- #ab101576. The more I clean the more there is to clean. How do you get rid of the kerosene smell? Thanks so much.
Pin might be from the tension - poke it in the hole and see if it fits. .
I can't find the hole you are talking about. Can someone help this poor, ole quilter please. Thank you...