Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2293 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 1293 1793 2193 2243 2283 2292 2293 2294 2303 2343 2393 2793 3293 ... LastLast
Results 22,921 to 22,930 of 43734

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #22921
    Super Member deplaylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Webster, NY
    Posts
    1,007
    Blog Entries
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    A nice one in my area has come up. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2563381032.html Anyone interested?
    Candace, they were talking about Featherweights here....the link is to a 66 in treadle. :-) It is a nice machine, though, and a good price!!
    Actually, there are many discussions going on at once. I'm not talking about FWs.
    Yes, we are multi-obsessed group! Cool treadle!

  2. #22922
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    A nice one in my area has come up. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2563381032.html Anyone interested?
    Candace, they were talking about Featherweights here....the link is to a 66 in treadle. :-) It is a nice machine, though, and a good price!!
    Actually, there are many discussions going on at once. I'm not talking about FWs.
    Yes, we are multi-obsessed group! Cool treadle!
    It does get confusing at times

  3. #22923
    Senior Member grayhare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    330
    I did find a treadle, in a parlor cabinet. I have to get a new belt for her, and clean her up. I am very happy with her! Here is a picture of her, and a shot of the decorative lock on the cabinet.

    66-1
    Name:  Attachment-246345.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  60.3 KB

    Parlor cabinet
    Name:  Attachment-246346.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  53.8 KB

  4. #22924
    Junior Member justtrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare
    I did find a treadle, in a parlor cabinet. I have to get a new belt for her, and clean her up. I am very happy with her! Here is a picture of her, and a shot of the decorative lock on the cabinet.
    Oh.... thank you for the eye candy. She is very pretty.

  5. #22925
    Super Member tomilu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    1,702
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhare
    I did find a treadle, in a parlor cabinet. I have to get a new belt for her, and clean her up. I am very happy with her! Here is a picture of her, and a shot of the decorative lock on the cabinet.
    Very Nice Redeye!!!!

  6. #22926
    Senior Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    982
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Also if you could have only 1 (yes, I said 1) which machine would you select.

    I hope you mean one of each.
    Crossstitcher, I actually meant one machine only, not one of each kind, but I'm easy so tell me which one of each kind you'd pick.
    Hi was just kidding with you. I knew what you ment. Well I have a 301 which I use a lot along with a FW. I have lots of machines and can't really pick just one.

  7. #22927
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Also if you could have only 1 (yes, I said 1) which machine would you select.

    I hope you mean one of each.
    Crossstitcher, I actually meant one machine only, not one of each kind, but I'm easy so tell me which one of each kind you'd pick.
    Hi was just kidding with you. I knew what you ment. Well I have a 301 which I use a lot along with a FW. I have lots of machines and can't really pick just one.
    It seems like each one has a personality for what it likes to do doesn't it? I just know I got rid of the plastic ones... weren't fit for anything anyway.

  8. #22928
    Senior Member quiltdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    485
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mystery machine-- This one has popped up for sale and I wonder if anyone can recognize it from either the decals or the placement of the stitch regulator. Still trying to get complete pictures.

    Thanks,

    Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #22929
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by deplaylady
    Not a sewing machine, but I picked picked up something for DGD at the local VNV and for the heck of it looked it up on eBay - seems it is a first edition. (According to it'tush' and ear tag - think sewing machines are outrageous? BTW - I paid $1.99.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Bea...#ht_500wt_1126

    Yes, mine is exactly the same!
    I found two of those in a left over pile of Garage sale items on CL for free, Maybe I need to ask them if they want to buy them for $5000 each and make them some more money! And they were in the protective cases along with a Harrods bear.

    Billy

  10. #22930
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
    Mystery machine-- This one has popped up for sale and I wonder if anyone can recognize it from either the decals or the placement of the stitch regulator. Still trying to get complete pictures.

    Thanks,

    Texas Jan
    Okay you notice the shuttle plate sliding off of the machine there in the photo? That is why most machines are missing those plates, they get loose after being slid a million times in their lives and then the just slip off and you have a machine missing the front shuttle plate.

    As for the machine I am leaning on a Davis looking at the regulator on the bed.

    Billy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.