Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Mystery machine-- This one has popped up for sale and I wonder if anyone can recognize it from either the decals or the placement of the stitch regulator. Still trying to get complete pictures.

Thanks,

Texas Jan
My guess would be White...will be watching! :)
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by MarieM
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Also if you could have only 1 (yes, I said 1) which machine would you select.

I hope you mean one of each.
Crossstitcher, I actually meant one machine only, not one of each kind, but I'm easy so tell me which one of each kind you'd pick.
Hi was just kidding with you. I knew what you ment. Well I have a 301 which I use a lot along with a FW. I have lots of machines and can't really pick just one.
It seems like each one has a personality for what it likes to do doesn't it? I just know I got rid of the plastic ones... weren't fit for anything anyway.
Always keep a working plastic one, though, just in case anyone needs to borrow one, so you can hang on to the vintage ones. LOL
Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare
I did find a treadle, in a parlor cabinet. I have to get a new belt for her, and clean her up. I am very happy with her! Here is a picture of her, and a shot of the decorative lock on the cabinet.
Very pretty!! You did good with your offer! :)
Old 08-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Mystery machine-- This one has popped up for sale and I wonder if anyone can recognize it from either the decals or the placement of the stitch regulator. Still trying to get complete pictures.

Thanks,

Texas Jan
Hmmm that might be a good guess but look at the center drawer it swings out like the Standard and Eldredge. Did the White have a swing out drawer?

Billy
Old 08-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Thanks,

Texas Jan
Okay you notice the shuttle plate sliding off of the machine there in the photo? That is why most machines are missing those plates, they get loose after being slid a million times in their lives and then the just slip off and you have a machine missing the front shuttle plate.

As for the machine I am leaning on a Davis looking at the regulator on the bed.

Billy
Hopefully she will respond. I have no idea. I don't have a Davis. Is the one you are looking at a vertical feed?

Texas Jan
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM

Thanks,

Texas Jan
Hmmm that might be a good guess but look at the center drawer it swings out like the Standard and Eldredge. Did the White have a swing out drawer?

Billy
Ah! It's *just a guess* based on the bed of the machine. And yes, I believe they did...let me go searching to see what I can fine!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:32 PM

grayhare, that's a very pretty Redeye. If I wanted another treadle, I'm partial to that decal.

The Davis vertical feed in GR is still at $6.00 and I have a full tank of gas. Remind me why I don't need another machine. Actually, the cabinet is too rough for me, but they do have a very old Domestic coffin top with a folding extension for the cabinet that looks pretty good. That one is $7.00.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:45 PM

Id like that vf, just because but im going to traverse city this weekend to pick up my two spools.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
grayhare, that's a very pretty Redeye. If I wanted another treadle, I'm partial to that decal.

The Davis vertical feed in GR is still at $6.00 and I have a full tank of gas. Remind me why I don't need another machine. Actually, the cabinet is too rough for me, but they do have a very old Domestic coffin top with a folding extension for the cabinet that looks pretty good. That one is $7.00.
And you're waiting for....????? Get your tail in the car and go get em!! :lol:
Old 08-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Thanks,

Texas Jan

Billy
Ah! It's *just a guess* based on the bed of the machine. And yes, I believe they did...let me go searching to see what I can fine!
Still no reply, but looking at Thayer Rags machines, the closest I saw was a National Damascus. We may never know.

Texas Jan