Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 AM

Not a sewing machine, but I picked picked up something for DGD at the local VNV and for the heck of it looked it up on eBay - seems it is a first edition. (According to it'tush' and ear tag - think sewing machines are outrageous? BTW - I paid $1.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Princess-Bea...#ht_500wt_1126

Yes, mine is exactly the same!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Also if you could have only 1 (yes, I said 1) which machine would you select.

I hope you mean one of each.
LOL!! That would be my comment also. But if I could have only 1 (gasp!) :shock: I would pick my 301.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by lee231
Did anyone notice that this thread has as many pages as the MAIN page? 1526
Gabby bunch, aint we???? LOL
Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Was the belt missing or very loose?
The belt was there and it did not seem to be loose. Kathie[/quote]

Then it sounds like the handwheel was set for winding a bobbin, like Billy suggested.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
Not a sewing machine, but I picked picked up something for DGD at the local VNV and for the heck of it looked it up on eBay - seems it is a first edition. (According to it'tush' and ear tag - think sewing machines are outrageous? BTW - I paid $1.99.

Did you notice this seller is in Grass Valley, CA?? They must be smokin' somethin'!!! LOL LOL
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by deplaylady

Did you notice this seller is in Grass Valley, CA?? They must be smokin' somethin'!!! LOL LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You got that right!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 AM

OMG! Give up even ONE of my machines?? They all hold their own little place in my heart and are special for one reason or another!! I plan to be buried with them!!! Of course, it's going to have to be a rather large crypt...and I want to be buried sitting up with my feet on a treadle...
:lol:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:21 AM

I am really happy to hear that the 201 and 401 are listed up there as favorites. I just got mine (both within that past 2 months - (I'm blaming all you guys influence! ) and haven't had too much time to play with them. I love the 401's cams and build and the throat space on the 201 has me wanting to finish my ufo from my last mystery quilting weekend! Of course the FW is so portable and has such a nice stitch, and the 99k was so pretty and came with that cool knee bar and attachments, the 185 was too cute to turn down, the White FR treadle was given to me (even DH likes it) and I had to save the Minnesota from being someone's garden ornament (and it has a cool shuttle!). The Janome Mini is DG's(but now she loves grandma's FW so who knows with that one), I use the serger a lot, the one Janome does embroidery as well as sew and the other Janome does fancy stitches that the other machines don't do. Okay - now what was the question? Oh which machine to choose? Well, this way, as I see it when people come to play, no one needs to bring a sewing machine!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
OMG! Give up even ONE of my machines?? They all hold their own little place in my heart and are special for one reason or another!! I plan to be buried with them!!! Of course, it's going to have to be a rather large crypt...and I want to be buried sitting up with my feet on a treadle...
:lol:
I'm with you. Each and every one of my machines make me happy in their own way. People look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them how many I have but I don't care cause it's a fun obsession and it keeps alot of the old girls out of the dump and I don't get down in the dumps when I'm using them. lol
Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM

Hi, I would like to know what featherweight machine you might recommend as someone's first. i have seen a lot of reference to the 221 and wonder if that would be a good starting point. Several are advertised on ebay but my lack of knowledge makes me hesitant to just "jump in" and purchase one. The prices are quite variable and not all of them say they work. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. i am new to the board and loving every minute i spend on it. thanks