Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 AM

Needing help with Ebay. I have an account but cannot currently access it as apparently I don't have the correct password and when attempting to change said password, I am not using the correct info. I need the piece for my Singer 201. I could just use a different email account to buy as a guest checkout but but would really like to be able to use old account. ANy helpful suggestions anyone?
Old 09-16-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Needing help with Ebay. I have an account but cannot currently access it as apparently I don't have the correct password and when attempting to change said password, I am not using the correct info. I need the piece for my Singer 201. I could just use a different email account to buy as a guest checkout but but would really like to be able to use old account. ANy helpful suggestions anyone?
Your ebay acct. should be linked to your e-mail. If you request that your password needs to be sent, it will automatically be sent to your e-mail address.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by annthreecats
I have a question about my Singer 401A presser feet. Some of the additional feet I received with the machine have rust on them. Can I clean them and if I can, how should I clean them? Thanks for all your help. You guys ROCK!!
I wipe mine down with kerosene. Then I brush them off with a scotch brite pad. To finish, I use the mothers mag polish on them to make it all shiny!

You mean the Mothers line of car cleaning products?
Yes. The little jar of mag wheel polish :)
Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Your ebay acct. should be linked to your e-mail. If you request that your password needs to be sent, it will automatically be sent to your e-mail address.
That wasn't happening but the problem is fixed and the tension assembly purchased. Yeah!! Now to find the other pieces and onto another hunt. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:43 AM

This site is intended for folks who are going to refurbish vintage machines and donate them to this organization. A worthy cause, and I hope some of us consider contributing.

My main purpose of posting though is that there is some worth data here about refurbishing our old gals. Thought I would share.

My apologies if this has been posted before - if it has, I didn't find it in my searches.

http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 PM

I have had/have the same problem for several years now. I just gave up. It did not matter how many times I changed my password it would/will not accecpt me. Kathie
Old 09-16-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I have had/have the same problem for several years now. I just gave up. It did not matter how many times I changed my password it would/will not accecpt me. Kathie
It accepted me finally after many unknid thoughts and figuring out some of the personal info I had used in setting up my account. I am not an EBay regular so we'll see what happens the next time I want to purchase something. Chris
Old 09-16-2011, 01:59 PM

Keep your fingers crossed for me, I've got a line on a Davis Vertical Feed, they're not asking an outrageous price, but I've not seen the machine yet!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Keep your fingers crossed for me, I've got a line on a Davis Vertical Feed, they're not asking an outrageous price, but I've not seen the machine yet!
If it is cheap and doesn't work ever or has parts missing- there are repair parts...
Old 09-16-2011, 02:10 PM

The last one I saw was in an antique shop in The Dalles, they wanted $145.00 for it and the decals were gone. I was pleased to see this one, and am hoping it looks good...it's considerably less money! :)