Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2465 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 1465 1965 2365 2415 2455 2464 2465 2466 2475 2515 2565 2965 3465 ... LastLast
Results 24,641 to 24,650 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

This person lives near me. What are they smoking? :roll: And I love how the ad description makes absolutely no sense...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Restored-193...#ht_500wt_1156

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    This person lives near me. What are they smoking? :roll: And I love how the ad description makes absolutely no sense...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Elec...00843718260423
    This was under it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceQ
    Hi all! I need help! I just bought a Kenmore 158.19461. It's a free arm machine without it's bed. Do any of you know where I might find this piece? Also it's a zig zag machine that won't zig zag. I've cleaned and oiled what I can get to and it didn't help. Any advice?
    Fixed up it is a nice machine. It may have some dried oil in the part that goes side to side. Take off the nose plate - push the needle bar side to side - look where it goes side ways - clean out any dried up oil then re-oil - then open up the top and look for places that move the needle bar side to side - clean and oil them too. you may have to heat those places to get them free. triflow may cut through the dried up oil
    don't know about a bed for it - maybe you can make one out of plywood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    miriam, on the Spartan, can you just loosen the pressure on the presser foot to FMQ? With my 301, I do not drop the feed dogs. It seems to work better with them slightly up.
    I'll try that

Blog Entries

But it is FREE shipping and he will "give" you a box of attachments!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I don't know what happened, but if this is a double post, sorry!

Made a haul today, beautiful weather, perfect for yard sales even if I didn't get started until noon.

At one place, I was about to start opening up Singer cabinets to see what was inside (4 of them!) but the seller said they were already sold, the customer just couldn't fit them all in her truck at once. (Yep, done that before!) I so want to know what was in them now. :) Had a box of blackside attachments sitting on top too.

But that's okay, I got 2 machines for a whopping $15 bucks. The Universal needs a presser foot screw and has no foot pedal, but it's pink and white with chrome, how can you go wrong with that? The real keeper is the Elna Supermatic. No manual, but looks like most everything I need is there, including some cams and the knee bar. She makes a weird clunky jerking sound (maybe from the belt area?) but she does run. I'll have to spend a little time figuring that out.

Then, I found a puzzle box at another sale. The seller was all ready to tell me what it was and show it off, but I think I disappointed him a little when I actually knew how it worked. Oh well, he has my $5 and I've got a puzzle box, we're both happy now. :D

Won't fit in my treadle cabinet...oh well, still cool.
    Name:  Attachment-264888.jpe
Views: 54
Size:  41.9 KB

Fifties cool? Pink and chrome!
    Name:  Attachment-264889.jpe
Views: 55
Size:  47.9 KB

Find of the day! Some paint dings, but still ultra modern.
    Name:  Attachment-264890.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  51.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl

But it is FREE shipping and he will "give" you a box of attachments!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    what a guy!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett

Made a haul today, beautiful weather, perfect for yard sales even if I didn't get started until noon.

At one place, I was about to start opening up Singer cabinets to see what was inside (4 of them!) but the seller said they were already sold, the customer just couldn't fit them all in her truck at once. (Yep, done that before!) I so want to know what was in them now. :) Had a box of blackside attachments sitting on top too.

But that's okay, I got 2 machines for a whopping $15 bucks. The Universal needs a presser foot screw and has no foot pedal, but it's pink and white with chrome, how can you go wrong with that? The real keeper is the Elna Supermatic. No manual, but looks like most everything I need is there, including some cams and the knee bar. She makes a weird clunky jerking sound (maybe from the belt area?) but she does run. I'll have to spend a little time figuring that out.

Then, I found a puzzle box at another sale. The seller was all ready to tell me what it was and show it off, but I think I disappointed him a little when I actually knew how it worked. Oh well, he has my $5 and I've got a puzzle box, we're both happy now. :D
    Do not turn the hand wheel on that Elna. Clean it first. If dust gets in the gears under the bobbin you will break them if they aren't already. It is well worth repairing that machine though. The other thing that goes out is the tire that runs inside the balance wheel. It is like a bobbin winder tire - it will run then loose speed. Dickens to replace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett

On the Elna
    The friction drive wheel behind the hand wheel may have a flat spot on it. Ask me how I know. I have one that did the same sounds. This is a common problem with these machines.

Blog Entries

If you are going to ask that much for a machine you could at least dust it. Just saying.