Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2771 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 1771 2271 2671 2721 2761 2770 2771 2772 2781 2821 2871 3271 3771 ... LastLast
Results 27,701 to 27,710 of 44029

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/bab/2691505573.html
    WHY OH WHY does Louisville have to be so far away.... This one is really cool
    BTW there are real nice 301s on CL in Cincinnati Ohio and in Dayton Ohio - also too far today...
    Think I saw one of those little Singers at an estate sale today, with the clamp. Marked $125. The other "1930s Singer" they had was a Red Eye in a case, for the outstanding price of $225. Not even a bentwood case either. Decals were nice though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
    I love this group and although I have only one Singer treadle, I eavesdrop on your conversations and enjoy every minute of it and learn a lot. Thanks for being hear.
    Glad to have you around! Just be careful not to get any sewing machine oil on your hands, it gets in your blood and then you will want to start fixing sewing machines. The next thing you know you won't have any room to move around in your house.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

So thats how I've gotten into this! Maybe we should have a warning lable for oil cans! LOL

QU=miriam;4671232]Glad to have you around! Just be careful not to get any sewing machine oil on your hands, it gets in your blood and then you will want to start fixing sewing machines. The next thing you know you won't have any room to move around in your house.[/QUOTE]

Estate Sell Therapy

Well...just as I was about to pull out of my drive way, turn the radio up, and point my little car to the big city, got a message from my 301 seller--the machine was not to be. Story was that the it was "given" to her by a lady who saw the CL ad and wanted it back. I'm thinking likely story. Oh well...one will come my way. Probably just a karmic way of letting me know I should hit a couple of estate sales so I could bring home some funky retro fabric.

It's not a 301, but it does have black in it! There's probably a yard of the dots, and the roses have at least 4 yards. The color looks more blue than it is, should be a black background. No idea of the date, not even sure if it's 100% cotton, but it made me happy. I think I might try to make my sister and cutie-pie niece matching aprons with the roses. Apparently my niece is getting her own kitchen set for Christmas.

Name:  fabrick.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  44.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well...just as I was about to pull out of my drive way, turn the radio up, and point my little car to the big city, got a message from my 301 seller--the machine was not to be. Story was that the it was "given" to her by a lady who saw the CL ad and wanted it back. I'm thinking likely story. Oh well...one will come my way. Probably just a karmic way of letting me know I should hit a couple of estate sales so I could bring home some funky retro fabric.

I have learned to go get the machine asap - within an hour of a call - unless it is after dark - then I go early in the morning.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I have learned to go get the machine asap - within an hour of a call - unless it is after dark - then I go early in the morning.
    Oh yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself now for turning down my sister and BIL's offer to go get it the next day. One of these days I'll learn not to be so stubborn and let other people help me out now and then!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

It's not a 301, but it does have black in it! There's probably a yard of the dots, and the roses have at least 4 yards. The color looks more blue than it is, should be a black background. No idea of the date, not even sure if it's 100% cotton, but it made me happy. I think I might try to make my sister and cutie-pie niece matching aprons with the roses. Apparently my niece is getting her own kitchen set for Christmas.

That would make a very nice gift! Aprons are always fun to make.

DH got the 201 for $25.00 and it purrs like a kitten and so quiet. Needs a little cleaning (tape on needleplate for seam guide gunk). Came with 2 bobbins, standard foot, zipper foot, needles, screw drivers and the ladies daughter is gonna send us the book that goes with it. So, I'm happy with my new addition since I didn't have a 201. And the cabinet is real nice too, not fancy but nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    DH got the 201 for $25.00 and it purrs like a kitten and so quiet. Needs a little cleaning (tape on needleplate for seam guide gunk). Came with 2 bobbins, standard foot, zipper foot, needles, screw drivers and the ladies daughter is gonna send us the book that goes with it. So, I'm happy with my new addition since I didn't have a 201. And the cabinet is real nice too, not fancy but nice.
    Good deal. Sew-classic has info how to clean the pot for the motor.

Blog Entries
    Glad to have you around! Just be careful not to get any sewing machine oil on your hands, it gets in your blood and then you will want to start fixing sewing machines. The next thing you know you won't have any room to move around in your house.
    So that is what is wrong with me, I have sewind machine oil in my blood no wonder I keep bringing these machines home.
    Glenn W. Cleveland