Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2939 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 1939 2439 2839 2889 2929 2938 2939 2940 2949 2989 3039 3439 3939 ... LastLast
Results 29,381 to 29,390 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Santa was good to me, and brought me exactly what I was wanting... Meet Buzz!!
    So glad, congratulations and hope you and Buzz are very happy together..show us some projects!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    Length is 20", width is 11" height is 10-1/2" top hinges are on the right side, slots are 6-1/4" center to center

Texas Jan
    Thank you so much. Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenini View Post
    So glad, congratulations and hope you and Buzz are very happy together..show us some projects!
    You mean I'm supposed to actually SEW on these?????
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Question...why are you not supposed to sew on one of the cam machines (403-500A etc.) without a cam in the machine?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    It's another boy! Abram 7lbs 14 oz. C-section. 2:45 Christmas Eve. We are on our way out the door...
    Wow, Miriam, this has been a very busy few days for you!!

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!! We have been moving Mom in with us since last Wednesday.....what a chore! But I am so glad she is here. Now I can stop worrying!!

Blog Entries
    Been there, done that Janice...you have a rough row to hoe ahead of you, but it should smooth out into routine soon!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Charlee. I'm sure things will quiet down when we get her house sold and all the stuff passed out to the family or sold. She's fine with all this, but my sister is having a hard time with it all...tears and really emotional moments when going through stuff. That's not me...I'm not sentimental about "stuff"!! And Mom isn't really either. Anyway, we'll get through it, and she and my DH get along well, so that makes everything really easier!!

I'm putting up pics of the treadle my DH refinished the cabinet, showing all the steps he did. I'll put them under Treadle Cabinet Refinishing Project. It came out so great. He put the 15 back in it that came with it, but I want my 66-1 in it, so some time in the next couple of weeks I'll have him trade them out. I'm putting them up now. Be back later!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Question...why are you not supposed to sew on one of the cam machines (403-500A etc.) without a cam in the machine?
    It is BS - you can sew on it without a cam - there are older machines that you can't - some blogger posted that. It is however the best way to keep track of the zig zag cam for the 403... LOL
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention that the 15 sews great! It was really dirty, but as soon as I cleaned it some and threaded it up and fiddled with the tension, she was sewing great. I don't know her name yet....she's busy looking around the sewing room and hasn't told me yet!! LOL.....they are fun to get to know, aren't they??

Blog Entries
    I talked to the owner of that other Davis in the L.A. area, and I hope I can get down there this week to get it. DH doesn't have a clue, so I'll have to be creative on how I handle this!! We really don't have room....what to do, what to do???

Did Candace get the Davis from the Bay area? Candace...pics please!!