Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Billy, thanks for the complement and advice. Without you and all the others who take the time to answer posts, I would never been able to do it. The first machine I disassembled, I spent a lot of time going to the computer, looking at your tut pictures to make sure I had the screws in the right places, this one was much, much easier. I think my next adventure is to try painting a hot rod machine… :-D
Do you think that I could get satisfactory results with a spray paint application?
Judy
Judy sometimes you can go to the local automotive paint stores and they can put the colors in the spray cans for you. I would use automotive paint if I were you or an epoxy paint.

Billy
Thanks again Billy for your advice. I am on the lookout for a neglected treadle that I can spruce up. Maybe Candy Apple Red with a touch of gold fleck : )

Judy
Old 07-08-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
No, but I'm sure taking a look at all the room a sofa takes up. lol
That is just gorgeous and you rarely see the decals in complete condition on these machines! You did excellent Weedwoman!!

Billy
Thanks, Billy. It is missing the shuttle so I'll have to find one of those for it. I'm so hooked on these old machines and my DH is really getting into it now also.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:05 AM

Billy, can you tell me offhand if the attachments, especially the 3 chain stitch ones, from a Singer Touch & Sew 620 will work on a Singer Touch & Sew 626? I'm leaning towards yes but not sure. Thanks so much for all your help.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Kitzone,

Your illustrations have caused me to pause and think a bit.

My machine number is G07????? (don't have it here to reference, but it is 7 digits long after the letter G).

When I went to Singer, I began at the beginning and looked for G-7????? and skipped over the digit 0 (not the letter O).

That made my machine a model 27 made in 1910.

Your illustration for a 27 and 127 show different shuttle carriers.

My carrier is like your 127.

DO NOT skip the 0! (this is not the letter O)

I went back to Singer and found G-0?????? at the far end of the list (where I had not gone) after the G-9999999.

So my machine IS a G-07?????, which makes it a 127 or a 128
made in 1924.

This is sad, because I was planning a hundred year celebration this fall for Granny's machine. Now I have to wait 14 years.

Ah well, at least now I will have the right model to replace parts.

Thanks for the eye opener.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 AM

Hi, everyone! Sorry to have been gone so long. I brought banana nut bread for all, and just read through the last 40 pages. Wow! Some wonderful machines! I am still looking for my treadle. Guess I will know it when I see it. In the meantime, it's fun to look at yours!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Banned

I believe all of the 600 series will interchange with each other. That is getting pretty new in my field of knowledge but Singer liked to keep everything relatively simple.

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Hi, everyone! Sorry to have been gone so long. I brought banana nut bread for all, and just read through the last 40 pages. Wow! Some wonderful machines! I am still looking for my treadle. Guess I will know it when I see it. In the meantime, it's fun to look at yours!
Good to see you again and you know how we love the Banana nut bread around here!!! Oh and the coffee and the Southern Iced Tea are over next to the deserts!!

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM

I believe all of the 600 series will interchange with each other. That is getting pretty new in my field of knowledge but Singer liked to keep everything relatively simple.

Billy
Thank you
Old 07-09-2010, 12:05 PM

I got this link on my longarm listserve and I wanted to cry.
Take a look at this womans find and know she is going to have her husband put a motor on it.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78138078sWVlJv
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 PM

Hi, I ran into this myself thinking I would be celebrating a 100 year old machine next year. But, it is still a beautiful machine.

Isn't it weird how many pages you have to scroll down on the Singer website before you run into G 0????

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Kitzone,

Your illustrations have caused me to pause and think a bit.

My machine number is G07????? (don't have it here to reference, but it is 7 digits long after the letter G).

When I went to Singer, I began at the beginning and looked for G-7????? and skipped over the digit 0 (not the letter O).

That made my machine a model 27 made in 1910.

Your illustration for a 27 and 127 show different shuttle carriers.

My carrier is like your 127.

DO NOT skip the 0! (this is not the letter O)

I went back to Singer and found G-0?????? at the far end of the list (where I had not gone) after the G-9999999.

So my machine IS a G-07?????, which makes it a 127 or a 128
made in 1924.

This is sad, because I was planning a hundred year celebration this fall for Granny's machine. Now I have to wait 14 years.

Ah well, at least now I will have the right model to replace parts.

Thanks for the eye opener.
:roll: