Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-09-2010, 05:50 PM

Thanks Billy, We just found out by looking on the white web site that this cabinet is called Mission or Arts and Craft style and one of the most saught after. Dated 1917. So we are glad she followed us home. :-D :-D :-D

picture from the White web site
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79689[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79684.bmp  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Actually he is the one that buys these machines. I like the quilting stuff. To me the machine is a bonus. He has liked the old machines since he was young and his mother had a treadle.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:58 PM

:|[/quote]
Well remember this thread? Well guess what happened? We went to this auctionin Beaver WV. After taking a few pictures that sewing machine hid in the back of our truck and came home with us. It was hiding in a mattress pad. The machine needs a lot of TLC but it had a lot of things that came with it. . . . Here are a few pictures of Julia and her attachments.

:-D :D :D[/quote]

I am not a fan of Whites (personal preference; nothing to do with the machines) and sold the ones I have EXCEPT for the one in a Mission Cabinet. To me, it's one of the most beautiful cabinets ever made. Congratulations on getting yours!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I got this link on my longarm listserve and I wanted to cry.
Take a look at this womans find and know she is going to have her husband put a motor on it.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78138078sWVlJv
Oh how sad. I want to cry also. Please try to convince her to keep the machine as a treadle! :( :(
Old 07-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Oh how sad. I want to cry also. Please try to convince her to keep the machine as a treadle! :( :(
Lisa this is your que..........

Billy
Old 07-10-2010, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Thanks Billy, We just found out by looking on the white web site that this cabinet is called Mission or Arts and Craft style and one of the most saught after. Dated 1917. So we are glad she followed us home. :-D :-D :-D
What white website are you speaking of?
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
You have a real treasure there! Enjoy her.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 AM

Wow, there are some NICE machines on this thread. I love, love, love old machines! I am waiting on a treadle machine to come into my life, but they are few and far between around here! I WILL own one someday, though......LOL!

I have a couple of questions for you guys:

My Mother in Law gave me an old Singer the other day, and I've searched all over online and the closest to it I can find is the 338. Its almost the exact same thing as this one I've attached to this post.

BUT, it doesn't have "Needle Position" switch and the settings only have the numbers, not the names of them, such as "stitch length" etc. The writing on mine is in white also. And the metal panel that's on this one is like a an epoxy or acrylic, plastic like plate on mine.

Are there different models of this machine? The threading diagram for that one works with mine. I love the color of this machine, I love the colors from this era. If it never worked, I'd still keep it just to look at, LOL!

Another question:

I picked up an old White 944 at a yard sale for $5. I love that machine! It sews like a dream. I'm actually quilting on it!

I can't find hardly anything about it online, either. I'd love to find out when it was made, etc.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79455.jpe  
Old 07-10-2010, 05:51 AM

Well, if that's not crazy! I swear, I JUST now seen a "337" on that machine and THAT's what it is, LOL!

I've been searching around about this dang thing for days now!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 AM

Stefani, your machine is beautiful and I really love the color. Are you new to this cafe? If sew, Welcome!

Originally Posted by stefanib123
Well, if that's not crazy! I swear, I JUST now seen a "337" on that machine and THAT's what it is, LOL!

I've been searching around about this dang thing for days now!
:-D :-D