Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candace
Anyone know what kind of machine this is? I'm tempted to buy it sight unseen because it's so cheap and so PINK:>

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/app/1831295579.html
I hope you got it. With it being pink and looking adorable I don't think you can go wrong. It looks like a nice machine. $20 Wow! Just be fun to play with for that money.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

Over the last two days I bought two machines. A treadle Red Eye 1914 with very nice decals in a no. 5 cabinet 7 drawers and today another red eye 1919 with a potted motor and light but not as nice a shape as the treadle one. I plan to use the second one to put some of the parts on the treadle red eye. For now they all live in the garage for my husband to fix the cabinet and fidle/clean the heads. I hope to post pictures this weekend.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 PM

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/atq/1829130832.html

Another WIlcox and Gibbs oldie. In Tulsa.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
I am still looking for my treadle. Guess I will know it when I see it. In the meantime, it's fun to look at yours!
It's in my basement. No, really. There's at least one of everything in my basement. . . . .
Old 07-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Over the last two days I bought two machines. A treadle Red Eye 1914 with very nice decals in a no. 5 cabinet 7 drawers and today another red eye 1919 with a potted motor and light but not as nice a shape as the treadle one. I plan to use the second one to put some of the parts on the treadle red eye. For now they all live in the garage for my husband to fix the cabinet and fidle/clean the heads. I hope to post pictures this weekend.
I never thought there was a Red Eye with a potted motor and I know they didnt have them that early. Could you show a picture of them so I can look at it?

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hazeljane
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/atq/1829130832.html

Another WIlcox and Gibbs oldie. In Tulsa.
Its a nice machine but a little steep in the price dept.!!

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by cimarron
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Shhhh.... Just wanted to let anyone interested in this White FR. I really, really love this machine. Unfortunately it's 5 1/2 hours away and I don't own a truck (I am sure it won't fit in my Honda). So if anyone lives close to Beaver, WV it might be worth your time to go to this auction on July 9th.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...cgi?lid=877055

I am including pictures from Treadle On website which states that this one of the most sought after cabinets.

What a gorgeous cabinet...someone rescue it before someone who is ONLY interested in the cabinet gets to it and removes the machine...please...

http://www.treadleon.net/whitesm/whites.html

The only thing I request is if anyone lets this machine follow them home :) Please post pictures and tell us about your adventure at the auction.

BTW, No, I am not trying to be an enabler for those who resue treadle machines. Just "wished I lived closer" treadle stocker. LOL

Judy
:|
Well remember this thread? Well guess what happened? We went to this auctionin Beaver WV. After taking a few pictures that sewing machine hid in the back of our truck and came home with us. It was hiding in a mattress pad. The machine needs a lot of TLC but it had a lot of things that came with it. Everything the woman who owned it used was still in the drawers. Her name was Julia so guess that's her name. You quilters out there would have loved this auction sooooo many quilting pieces and thread. Lots of quilting books too. It was a shame to seperate a lot of those things from the machine soooo you guessed it. They followed us home also. They were hiding under the machine and mattress pad. Here are a few pictures of Julia and her attachments.

:-D :D :D

at the auction
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79671[/ATTACH]

when we got her home
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79672[/ATTACH]

with her attachments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79673[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79666.jpe   attachment-79667.jpe   attachment-79668.jpe  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
I got this link on my longarm listserve and I wanted to cry.
Take a look at this womans find and know she is going to have her husband put a motor on it.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78138078sWVlJv
I wanted to show you a picture of a Wilcox & Gibbs that we own and it has a motor. So we can treadle or use the motor with electric. So maybe her hubby is going to do the same. Our machine is dated 1884 w/ the motor. It makes a pretty chain stitch. Hope this will make you feel better about changing it to electric. Also hope he will use the right motor.

wilcox & Gibbs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79679[/ATTACH]

motor is shown on the back the little chrome motor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79680[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79674.jpe   attachment-79675.jpe  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

Crossstitcher congratulations on your new machine!!!!

It does look like its a dandy and I really like the cabinet! Tons of drawers with tons of stuff.

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by cimarron
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Shhhh.... Just wanted to let anyone interested in this White FR. I really, really love this machine. Unfortunately it's 5 1/2 hours away and I don't own a truck (I am sure it won't fit in my Honda). So if anyone lives close to Beaver, WV it might be worth your time to go to this auction on July 9th.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...cgi?lid=877055

I am including pictures from Treadle On website which states that this one of the most sought after cabinets.

What a gorgeous cabinet...someone rescue it before someone who is ONLY interested in the cabinet gets to it and removes the machine...please...

http://www.treadleon.net/whitesm/whites.html

The only thing I request is if anyone lets this machine follow them home :) Please post pictures and tell us about your adventure at the auction.

BTW, No, I am not trying to be an enabler for those who resue treadle machines. Just "wished I lived closer" treadle stocker. LOL

Judy
:|
Well remember this thread? Well guess what happened? We went to this auctionin Beaver WV. After taking a few pictures that sewing machine hid in the back of our truck and came home with us. It was hiding in a mattress pad. The machine needs a lot of TLC but it had a lot of things that came with it. Everything the woman who owned it used was still in the drawers. Her name was Julia so guess that's her name. You quilters out there would have loved this auction sooooo many quilting pieces and thread. Lots of quilting books too. It was a shame to seperate a lot of those things from the machine soooo you guessed it. They followed us home also. They were hiding under the machine and mattress pad. Here are a few pictures of Julia and her attachments.

:-D :D :D
Aw... Crossstitcher she looks beautiful and I am so glad you brought her home. :XD: I hated the thought of her going to someone that wouldn't appreciate the craftsmanship or history. Anyways....Don't you just love going through the drawers and finding little treasures of the past.
My husband thinks I am corny when I show him the things I pick up at an auction. They are usually the extra things that come along with the item I really wanted. I call them my bonuses. Now just to set the story straight, I don’t go to many auctions but the last time I went I bid on an oak mirror. Included in the box was about 30 -40 “the little blue book” pamphlets from the 1920’s -30’s. My husband and I spent about an hour reading exerts from different ones. We were awed that someone kept them after all these years.

It sounds like you had a great time at the auction and hopefully your husband was able to find room in the truck for a thing or two :)

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Judy