Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3468 of 4399 FirstFirst ... 2468 2968 3368 3418 3458 3467 3468 3469 3478 3518 3568 3968 ... LastLast
Results 34,671 to 34,680 of 43987

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #34671
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Just wanted to share/brag a little. Our younger daughter received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree yesterday, and is now a full-fledged pharmacist. The univeristy here has a 6 year program that is tough, and it took the daughter 7 to complete it, but the deal is done. It is the same daughter who just got married. She is on the way to Atlanta for training with the company she signed with, and will be working about 40 miles from me, and moving back closer to home. Yippee!!!
    I'm so excited for you!! I'm excited for your daughter too!! YAY!! That'll be so nice to have her closer!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  2. #34672
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    I'm new here and have a question. Hope this is the right place. If not sorry in advance.
    we have an old sewing machine but I can't find any info about it online. Here is the info I got off it.New home light running model 703
    This number is imprinted on the bottom-F101766. Can anyone tell me where I can get info? We are trying to see how old it is and if it's worth anything. Thanks

  3. #34673
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Satodd View Post
    I'm new here and have a question. Hope this is the right place. If not sorry in advance.
    we have an old sewing machine but I can't find any info about it online. Here is the info I got off it.New home light running model 703
    This number is imprinted on the bottom-F101766. Can anyone tell me where I can get info? We are trying to see how old it is and if it's worth anything. Thanks
    A photo ??

  4. #34674
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    I can get one posted tomorrow.

  5. #34675
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Name:  IMG_4891.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  787.8 KBName:  IMG_4895.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  1.12 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    A photo ??
    My mom was trying to sell this in a garage sale for $45. and I told her she needed to see if it was worth anything first.

  6. #34676
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Satodd View Post
    Name:  IMG_4891.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  787.8 KBName:  IMG_4895.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  1.12 MB

    My mom was trying to sell this in a garage sale for $45. and I told her she needed to see if it was worth anything first.
    Old sewing machines are worth exactly what someone wants to pay. I would pay $20 for it, because I love aqua machines. If it were cleaned, oiled, and adjusted and sitting in a sewing shop, it might sell for more. There were thousands and thousands of machines made, they have no intrinsic worth like diamonds or gold. But if you're in northern CA, I'd be happy to come get it! Sorry, if you were hoping for an antiques road show moment, you won't get it with a sewing machine.

    I'm curious why you, as a quilter, aren't interested in such a cute machine with family history? It is a darling color, and if it was used by your mom, that would be a very sweet display in the sewing room.

    Just my not so humble opinion, as always, Laura

  7. #34677
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,575
    That's a really cute machine and I don't think $45 is asking too much. Though, it would take the right person, so she should be prepared to consider offers or take a bit less. if I ran into that machine at a sale I'd sure be temped by it! Though, I'd want to take it home for less than that;>

  8. #34678
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,337
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    That's a really cute machine and I don't think $45 is asking too much. Though, it would take the right person, so she should be prepared to consider offers or take a bit less. if I ran into that machine at a sale I'd sure be temped by it! Though, I'd want to take it home for less than that;>
    It looks like it might be a Japanese 15 - is the tension on the very end? Those are a nice work horse machine. I'm surprised you would sell that. Set it up to just do free motion - you won't regret. Link to info on the Japanese 15s: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up and here is one where we cleaned one up: Janie Doe, the 15 Clone - make over
    Up date on Janie Doe: DIL she moved out leaving Janie Doe to fend for herself. Janie has now been adopted by someone who wants Janie to make motor cycle seats.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  9. #34679
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Satodd View Post
    Name:  IMG_4891.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  787.8 KBName:  IMG_4895.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  1.12 MB

    My mom was trying to sell this in a garage sale for $45. and I told her she needed to see if it was worth anything first.
    Wow, Satodd, that is a really cute machine. Your Mother's asking price is not too much considering the machine has a cabinet and attachments, extra's. She is already in the right price range, but most people would offer less - say $35 - just because there is no market for vintage machines in this economy. Most people think they have to have a new plastic wonder machine. New sewers don't realize the value, worth of the older machines.

    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 05-21-2012 at 05:40 AM.

  10. #34680
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Just wanted to share/brag a little. Our younger daughter received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree yesterday, and is now a full-fledged pharmacist. The univeristy here has a 6 year program that is tough, and it took the daughter 7 to complete it, but the deal is done. It is the same daughter who just got married. She is on the way to Atlanta for training with the company she signed with, and will be working about 40 miles from me, and moving back closer to home. Yippee!!!
    Wow Melinda, you do have something to celebrate! Congratulations to your daughter and to you! I love having my kids within an hour's drive!

    Nancy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.