Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 391 of 4410 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 390 391 392 401 441 491 891 1391 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 44091

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #3901
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    I have a Model 24 that is an industrial that was used in a hat factory to sew hat bands. They had some that would run up to 4 needles at one time!

    Here is an advertisement for one right here......

    Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #3902
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,626
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Good morning!

    Billy, I am trying to do some research on A Singer. The only info the owner could give me is "Simanco 3386113". I don't know the model or anything. I know this is a shot in the dark request! Thanks!
    Love that is a part number!!! Singer Manufacturing Company is what "Simanco" stands for.

    Tell her to give you the serial and you can hit it!!

    Billy
    Oh, Great! My mind is on other things right now but thanks for steering me straight. I will work with the owner some more. She is having to get someone to help her send me some photos. Thanks, Billy. Have a great day

    :-D

  3. #3903
    Super Member aorlflood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    currently living in WV
    Posts
    1,407
    We are leaving tomorrow to go visit our daughter. I was checking out the craigslist for her area and found a Singer 404 for sale for $30.

    I am looking for a light-ish weight machine to take to quilting classes.

    Does anybody have any experience with this machine? Is it good?

    I've never sewn on a slant needle machine...anything to look for, etc?

  4. #3904
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by aorlflood
    We are leaving tomorrow to go visit our daughter. I was checking out the craigslist for her area and found a Singer 404 for sale for $30.

    I am looking for a light-ish weight machine to take to quilting classes.

    Does anybody have any experience with this machine? Is it good?

    I've never sewn on a slant needle machine...anything to look for, etc?
    For that price get it!! I never used my 500A for anything yet other than setting up my tensions when I serviced it so I reall do not know much about them. But I have heard wonderful things about the slant shanks and you really can not go wrong with one!!

    Billy

  5. #3905
    Super Member aorlflood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    currently living in WV
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by aorlflood
    We are leaving tomorrow to go visit our daughter. I was checking out the craigslist for her area and found a Singer 404 for sale for $30.

    I am looking for a light-ish weight machine to take to quilting classes.

    Does anybody have any experience with this machine? Is it good?

    I've never sewn on a slant needle machine...anything to look for, etc?
    For that price get it!! I never used my 500A for anything yet other than setting up my tensions when I serviced it so I reall do not know much about them. But I have heard wonderful things about the slant shanks and you really can not go wrong with one!!

    Billy
    This is how the ad reads. (It has 2 pics of the machine and attachments and even has the instruction booklet! )

    "1958 Singer 404 slant needle machine, very clean and in excellent working condition. Beautiful stitching.
    Accessories include not only zipper foot, but a gathering foot, a ruffler, a bias binding foot. Drop-in bobbins.
    All metal parts. "

    So I guess I"m gonna email them and ask if we can come see it this weekend! :)

  6. #3906
    Super Member aorlflood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    currently living in WV
    Posts
    1,407
    Anybody have any idea how much the 404 might weigh?

  7. #3907
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,619
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    hmmm... I think I misspoke about the Singer 20 not being a toy. It was marketed originally as a tool for teaching young girls how to sew (I guess they didn't think that boys would want to sew back then), and later also marketed for "occasional mending and altering" for "college and business girls"... I was thinking about the model 24, not the 20.
    It looks like an adorable machine. I'd offer to pick it up and ship it for you Billy, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for anything happening to it in transit:< Though, if you're really interested maybe you could contact the seller to get better pics etc.? The case does look pretty drool worthy.

  8. #3908
    Senior Member pgthom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW MI (yes there really is a Kalamazoo)
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkip
    Here is my newest addition to my sewing family: Elna #1 Grasshopper. Took her into the shop hoping that my Elna guy would have the parts that are needed. No luck. So now I am on a search for Grasshopper parts. Even if I don't get it up and running, it really is a cute machine.
    Still mourning the one of these I found at Goodwill. Didn't have a lot of extra $$$ that day, so passed it up. Have never found another. If I do, it will be mine!!! (There's always plastic!)

  9. #3909
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,686
    Jackie, Grasshopper is very handsome. Love it!

  10. #3910
    Super Member Annaquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by aorlflood
    Anybody have any idea how much the 404 might weigh?
    It is the lighter one of the 401,403,404 Let me see if I can find it. You saw the $30 add? Less then 22lb. It is straight stitch only and was often used for teaching sewing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.