Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Billy:
I'm feeling great. I didn't realize how much better I would feel because I didn't realize I didn't feel good to begin with. No more walking in circles in the house. That got old really fast. I graduated out to the street. Now I'm a street walker, LOL!

I don't think I could feel 10 years younger or I'd practically be back in diapers. Kidding! But 10 years ago I was wild and crazy. I couldn't go back to that even if I wanted to. Hindsight and all.

I am feeling great tho, and I do have a new pep in my step. Walked the whole mile and didn't break a sweat and didn't get winded. Now that was a first.

Now if I could just get my doctor to lift my restrictions so I can get back to my sewing room. No bending over tables, no cutting, no lifting. Still have to be more careful than I want to be. I see the doctor tomorrow and hope I get a good report card.

I can't wait to see pics of your next project. It sounds awesome! Just let me know when you will be doing one (with electric, lol) in orange. My ideal color, but I bet you know that by now. Broken record and all.
Brother if you want one in Orange I can fix you up!! And as much as I do not do electric I will make sure it is an electric version just for you.

You know if you find a machine you like I can change colors for you.

Billy
I have two featherweights and I'd love for one of them to be orange. It's just that although they aren't in any way perfect I wouldn't want to ruin them or diminish their value by changing the color. One is a 1948 that runs great but isn't cosmetically a looker. The other is a Centennial 1951 that looks ok, but needs to be serviced. Should I consider painting one or find one beyond repair and have it redone all together? You are the expert and I will heed your advise. OK, just tell me what to do! LOL
Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Thanks, I was just wondering. When I posted my picture, someone said it looked like it was a singer clone since it was made in Japan.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I have two featherweights and I'd love for one of them to be orange. It's just that although they aren't in any way perfect I wouldn't want to ruin them or diminish their value by changing the color. One is a 1948 that runs great but isn't cosmetically a looker. The other is a Centennial 1951 that looks ok, but needs to be serviced. Should I consider painting one or find one beyond repair and have it redone all together? You are the expert and I will heed your advise. OK, just tell me what to do! LOL
Since there were so many FW's made you can take the 1948 one and redo it and make it more valuable. I would just preserve what you have with the centennial.

I am not real hip on the FWs' but I am looking at a 1939 San Fransisco Expo edition FW on eBay right now. I would like to have it of a Texas State Fair FW.

Billy
Old 08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grannysewer
Thanks, I was just wondering. When I posted my picture, someone said it looked like it was a singer clone since it was made in Japan.
No such thing as a clone they are copies and truth be known the Japanese 15's were way better made that the Singers. Every Singer 15 I have worked on the hook assembly and the overall quality has been sub par compared to my Japanese 15's

Billy
Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM

No such thing as a clone they are copies and truth be known the Japanese 15's were way better made that the Singers. Every Singer 15 I have worked on the hook assembly and the overall quality has been sub par compared to my Japanese 15's

Billy
Thanks for info. She sews real quiet.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Billy
Here's her picture, thought you might be able to tell me something about her. There's no light, but the plug has a place for one.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93991.jpe  
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM

Good Luck at the Doctor's visit tomorrow. Let us know how you make out. Loraine
Old 08-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by maporch
Exciting news! My aunt has passed on my great grandmother's treadle sewing machine to me!
Minnesota B was made by Davis and sold by Sears between 1902 and 1909. (Per Charles Law's Encyclopedia of Antique Sewing Machines)

I would suspect that it uses a Davis long needle (Boye 10), but don't know for sure, and don't know if there's a modern equivalent.

Thanks so much!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 PM

I went to a garage sale today and was looking at material. When the woman asked me if I sewed, I told her I was a new quilter and fell into it. I then saw that she had 2 machines and asked how much she wanted. Before I knew it I had 3 boxes of material and craft items and 2 machines for (don't fall over)!!!

$1.00 :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :shock: :shock:

The whole machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93994[/ATTACH]

The decals
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94011[/ATTACH]

The serial number
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94012[/ATTACH]

The needle bar side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94013[/ATTACH]

The motor side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94014[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93989.jpe   attachment-94006.jpe   attachment-94007.jpe   attachment-94008.jpe   attachment-94009.jpe  

Old 08-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Is there any way you can give me some information of the above Singer Serial number K19764? It uses the bullet type bobbins which I had given away.