Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

    Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 AM
      #5321  
    Junior Member
     
    jenna p  in ga's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: middle GA
    Posts: 196
    Default

    Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    We don't really need any more sewing machines especially electric.
    But don't you feel like you are doing such a wonderful thing by giving these machines a loving home? LOL!!!
    jenna p  in ga is offline  
    Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
      #5322  
    Super Member
     
    Crossstitcher's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: West Virginia
    Posts: 1,049
    Default

    Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
    Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    We don't really need any more sewing machines especially electric.
    But don't you feel like you are doing such a wonderful thing by giving these machines a loving home? LOL!!!
    Yes but they are taking over our house. Soon we will have to live in our camper.

    :? :?
    Crossstitcher is offline  
    Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
      #5323  
    Super Member
     
    Crossstitcher's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: West Virginia
    Posts: 1,049
    Default

    Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    We went to the flea market to day and a lady had a Singer model 15 Ser#AD581004 made in Feb. 14, 1934. The machine looked really good but ofcourse needs cleaning. The machine was in a cabinet with a knee control. It had all the attachments minus the buttonholer. Was asking $20.00 but came down to $15.00. We don't really need any more sewing machines especially electric.

    Here's pictures of the 128 I told you about eariler. The one that we got for $16.00.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-103822.jpe   attachment-103823.jpe   attachment-103824.jpe  
    Crossstitcher is offline  
    Old 09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
      #5324  
    Super Member
     
    Miz Johnny's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: Lexington, KY
    Posts: 1,222
    Default

    Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I think the 240v motors put people off bidding for them, but as I understand it, you can either get replacements, or have one changed to the other, or get a little converter thingy (technical term). LOL
    I bet someone on this group can answer that converter question. I am curious as to what either Billy, Miz Johnny, Charlee, or some of the others think. I bet one, if not all, of them has faced the same problem.

    Nancy
    I know you can get a converter, but you could also just put on a new motor. I have a Singer 320 that came with a 220 motor, and chose to take the motor off and replace with one from a class 15 machine that had been made into a HC.
    Miz Johnny is offline  
    Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
      #5325  
    Junior Member
     
    jenna p  in ga's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2010
    Location: middle GA
    Posts: 196
    Default

    Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Yes but they are taking over our house. Soon we will have to live in our camper.

    :? :?
    :lol: :lol:
    jenna p  in ga is offline  
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 PM
      #5326  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: Round Rock,Texas
    Posts: 6,135
    Default

    Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I think the 240v motors put people off bidding for them, but as I understand it, you can either get replacements, or have one changed to the other, or get a little converter thingy (technical term). LOL
    I bet someone on this group can answer that converter question. I am curious as to what either Billy, Miz Johnny, Charlee, or some of the others think. I bet one, if not all, of them has faced the same problem.

    Nancy
    I know you can get a converter, but you could also just put on a new motor. I have a Singer 320 that came with a 220 motor, and chose to take the motor off and replace with one from a class 15 machine that had been made into a HC.
    I took the motor and light off my Singer 99K that had a 220v motor and used the motor from my 15-90K that I now treadle. I tried hand cranking the 99K and I am a better treadler than hand cranker. Here it is with the hank
    crank that came with my 201K.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-106508.jpe  
    purplefiend is offline  
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 AM
      #5327  
    Super Member
     
    ChubbyBunny's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Posts: 1,064
    Default

    I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-108650.jpe  
    ChubbyBunny is offline  
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 AM
      #5328  
    Banned
    Thread Starter
     
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Bikini Bottom
    Posts: 5,652
    Default

    Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
    I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
    Awesome score!!!!

    I might flip the 301 but not quite sure yet I will know more after a get to cleaning and playing with it. I just do not like the electric machines or as some here knows as an aversion :mrgreen:

    Billy
    Lostn51 is offline  
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:20 AM
      #5329  
    Super Member
     
    BoJangles's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Rescue, California
    Posts: 4,585
    Default

    Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
    I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
    Beautiful FW! What year was this one manufactured?

    Nancy
    BoJangles is offline  
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:30 AM
      #5330  
    Super Member
     
    BoJangles's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Rescue, California
    Posts: 4,585
    Default

    Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

    I know you can get a converter, but you could also just put on a new motor. I have a Singer 320 that came with a 220 motor, and chose to take the motor off and replace with one from a class 15 machine that had been made into a HC.

    I took the motor and light off my Singer 99K that had a 220v motor and used the motor from my 15-90K that I now treadle. I tried hand cranking the 99K and I am a better treadler than hand cranker. Here it is with the hank
    crank that came with my 201K.
    Miz Johnny, I'd love to live close enough to you to see your machines! I also have a 99K, but of course mine still has a cord attached. Your 99K looks great as a hand crank.

    Nancy
    BoJangles is offline  

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter