Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
We don't really need any more sewing machines especially electric.
But don't you feel like you are doing such a wonderful thing by giving these machines a loving home? LOL!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
We don't really need any more sewing machines especially electric.
But don't you feel like you are doing such a wonderful thing by giving these machines a loving home? LOL!!!
Yes but they are taking over our house. Soon we will have to live in our camper.

:? :?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 AM

We went to the flea market to day and a lady had a Singer model 15 Ser#AD581004 made in Feb. 14, 1934. The machine looked really good but ofcourse needs cleaning. The machine was in a cabinet with a knee control. It had all the attachments minus the buttonholer. Was asking $20.00 but came down to $15.00. We don't really need any more sewing machines especially electric.

Here's pictures of the 128 I told you about eariler. The one that we got for $16.00.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103822.jpe   attachment-103823.jpe   attachment-103824.jpe  
Old 09-14-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I think the 240v motors put people off bidding for them, but as I understand it, you can either get replacements, or have one changed to the other, or get a little converter thingy (technical term). LOL
I bet someone on this group can answer that converter question. I am curious as to what either Billy, Miz Johnny, Charlee, or some of the others think. I bet one, if not all, of them has faced the same problem.

Nancy
I know you can get a converter, but you could also just put on a new motor. I have a Singer 320 that came with a 220 motor, and chose to take the motor off and replace with one from a class 15 machine that had been made into a HC.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Yes but they are taking over our house. Soon we will have to live in our camper.

:? :?
:lol: :lol:
Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I think the 240v motors put people off bidding for them, but as I understand it, you can either get replacements, or have one changed to the other, or get a little converter thingy (technical term). LOL
I bet someone on this group can answer that converter question. I am curious as to what either Billy, Miz Johnny, Charlee, or some of the others think. I bet one, if not all, of them has faced the same problem.

Nancy
I know you can get a converter, but you could also just put on a new motor. I have a Singer 320 that came with a 220 motor, and chose to take the motor off and replace with one from a class 15 machine that had been made into a HC.
I took the motor and light off my Singer 99K that had a 220v motor and used the motor from my 15-90K that I now treadle. I tried hand cranking the 99K and I am a better treadler than hand cranker. Here it is with the hank
crank that came with my 201K.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106508.jpe  
Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 AM

I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108650.jpe  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
I just bought my first vintage machine on eBay. I'm expecting her any day now. She's a beautiful little Featherweight who shall be named "Button". I'm already planning my next vintage purchase....I want a Singer 301. :D
Awesome score!!!!

I might flip the 301 but not quite sure yet I will know more after a get to cleaning and playing with it. I just do not like the electric machines or as some here knows as an aversion :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 09-15-2010, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
Beautiful FW! What year was this one manufactured?

Nancy
Old 09-15-2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

I took the motor and light off my Singer 99K that had a 220v motor and used the motor from my 15-90K that I now treadle. I tried hand cranking the 99K and I am a better treadler than hand cranker. Here it is with the hank
crank that came with my 201K.
Miz Johnny, I'd love to live close enough to you to see your machines! I also have a 99K, but of course mine still has a cord attached. Your 99K looks great as a hand crank.

Nancy