Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 500 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 499 500 501 510 550 600 1000 1500 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 43953

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #4991
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,897
    I'm curious about the lines on the base of the crinkle finished machine. I have never seen that. Was that typical for the crinkle finish?

  2. #4992
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    I'm curious about the lines on the base of the crinkle finished machine. I have never seen that. Was that typical for the crinkle finish?
    I was wondering that myself!

    Billy

  3. #4993
    Super Member aorlflood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    currently living in WV
    Posts
    1,407
    If you go to this site, they talk about the crinkle-finish featherweights. The picture she posts has the lines on the base like the one on Ebay...makes the one on Ebay look like it might be the real thing!
    http://www.antiqbuyer.com/featherweights.html

  4. #4994
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    I believe she is on to something here!! It might be the real deal but if I was a betting man I would let it run out of time and when he relist it the chances of him asking "Make offer" will be strong and you can get it then. Be savvy when it come to buying these things.....

    Billy

  5. #4995
    Super Member aorlflood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    currently living in WV
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I believe she is on to something here!! It might be the real deal but if I was a betting man I would let it run out of time and when he relist it the chances of him asking "Make offer" will be strong and you can get it then. Be savvy when it come to buying these things.....

    Billy
    The bid is up to $824.79 and it doesn't say that "reserve not met" so I think it's gonna sell.

  6. #4996
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    If it is the real deal then someone will get a rare machine.


    Billy

  7. #4997
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    177
    I am looking at a singer 500 with the top cover unattached. I can't seem to attach it. Is there a secret way to attach this? Also, how hard will it be for me to find attachments for this machine?
    Would appreciate your input.....

  8. #4998
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    5,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandothat
    I am looking at a singer 500 with the top cover unattached. I can't seem to attach it. Is there a secret way to attach this? Also, how hard will it be for me to find attachments for this machine?
    Would appreciate your input.....
    It may have the pins broken on it. The top and the faceplate were know the be the weak point for those machines. The parts are out there but you have to look hard and be prepared to to spend the money for them.

    I have a 500A for sale that came out of my collection that is real nice and complete, even has some accessories and the cams are real easy to find.

    Billy

  9. #4999
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandothat
    I am looking at a singer 500 with the top cover unattached. I can't seem to attach it. Is there a secret way to attach this? Also, how hard will it be for me to find attachments for this machine?
    Would appreciate your input.....
    It may have the pins broken on it. The top and the faceplate were know the be the weak point for those machines. The parts are out there but you have to look hard and be prepared to to spend the money for them.

    I have a 500A for sale that came out of my collection that is real nice and complete, even has some accessories and the cams are real easy to find.

    Billy
    Billy,
    It looks like the pins are OK, but the top does not "pop" in place where it looks like it should go. I may be doing something wrong.
    Thanks for your input.

  10. #5000
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandothat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Icandothat
    I am looking at a singer 500 with the top cover unattached. I can't seem to attach it. Is there a secret way to attach this? Also, how hard will it be for me to find attachments for this machine?
    Would appreciate your input.....
    It may have the pins broken on it. The top and the faceplate were know the be the weak point for those machines. The parts are out there but you have to look hard and be prepared to to spend the money for them.

    I have a 500A for sale that came out of my collection that is real nice and complete, even has some accessories and the cams are real easy to find.

    Billy
    Billy,
    It looks like the pins are OK, but the top does not "pop" in place where it looks like it should go. I may be doing something wrong.
    Thanks for your input.

    The "attach points" of the cover have metal "prongs" that I thought fit into the slots on the back in order to fit the cover on. Are there also separate pins?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.