Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 550 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 50 450 500 540 549 550 551 560 600 650 1050 1550 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #13726
    Junior Member FarmStitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitzone
    Farmstitcher, I really admire your avatar. I'd love to put that picture in my sewing room. You wouldn't have a 8 X 10 copy laying around any place?

    Also, wondering if any one would know what size motor belt a Necchi Nova would take?

    Judy
    Judy, I really don't know just where I found that picture and I'm hoping it is not copywrited! I'm just using it as an avatar. If I can find it again I could give you the link so you could make a copy of it. I'll let you know if I find it again.

    Doesn't your Necchi Nova have an existing belt on it with a number? There are so many different belt makers out there with different types of belts. It would help if you also had a parts list for it. Sorry, can't help you there.

  2. #13727
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern California Desert
    Posts
    38
    Billy...Sooo glad you are doing this format. Can you please tell me what the difference is between the FW 221 and the 222. I am finding the 222s to be waaaay more expensive (fewer made or fewer still around?)

  3. #13728
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,411
    Blog Entries
    3
    Jan, your machine is beautiful, and your purse is so unique. Never saw anything like it. Do you know if the purses were made to sell or whether it was a promotional item?

  4. #13729
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,411
    Blog Entries
    3
    Robin, what a great find, and the price is unbelievable. I checked at the thrift store the other day and the lady told me that they rarely get machines in and when they do they go quickly. I'll keep looking though.

  5. #13730
    Senior Member shnnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    830
    I bought a necchi model bu at the thrift store today -- wondering if anyone can help me find more information on it

  6. #13731
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I am looking forward to everyone coming in!! We have plenty of space and lots information to share with each other!

    I am glad to see you all here! :D :D :D

    Billy
    I bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.

    Kenwood sewing machine -1
    Name:  Attachment-181444.jpe
Views: 587
Size:  1.77 MB

    Kenwood -2
    Name:  Attachment-181445.jpe
Views: 350
Size:  1.52 MB

    Kenwood -3
    Name:  Attachment-181446.jpe
Views: 403
Size:  1.80 MB

  7. #13732
    Junior Member Kitzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    212
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitzone
    Farmstitcher, I really admire your avatar. I'd love to put that picture in my sewing room. You wouldn't have a 8 X 10 copy laying around any place?

    Also, wondering if any one would know what size motor belt a Necchi Nova would take?

    Judy
    Judy, I really don't know just where I found that picture and I'm hoping it is not copywrited! I'm just using it as an avatar. If I can find it again I could give you the link so you could make a copy of it. I'll let you know if I find it again.

    Doesn't your Necchi Nova have an existing belt on it with a number? There are so many different belt makers out there with different types of belts. It would help if you also had a parts list for it. Sorry, can't help you there.
    I wish I did have a belt to use or obtain a product number from but unfortunately it came without a belt. It is a "Occupied Japan" model that looks just like a Necchi BU Nova. Maybe I'll just keep her as a treadle. Thanks for your response.

    Judy

  8. #13733
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    3,058
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by shnnn
    I bought a necchi model bu at the thrift store today -- wondering if anyone can help me find more information on it
    Necchi group on Yahoo is a great source of info for Necchi's. Very simple to join - not like the other unmentionable site which also might have info for you.

  9. #13734
    Senior Member emmah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Groton, NY
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Skid
    Billy...Sooo glad you are doing this format. Can you please tell me what the difference is between the FW 221 and the 222. I am finding the 222s to be waaaay more expensive (fewer made or fewer still around?)
    Till Billy has time to answer: The 222 has a slide off table that makes it into a freearm, like many modern machines, so you can sew shirtcuffs or pant hems. They didn't make as many of them as the 221, I think. Yeah, they are a couple hundred more than the 221. All of them are cute but too pricey for me.

  10. #13735
    Super Member amyjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,397
    Blog Entries
    18
    there is one on eBay for $1299. A little pricey for my pocket book.

  11. #13736
    Senior Member MarieM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    431
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitzone
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmStitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitzone
    Farmstitcher, I really admire your avatar. I'd love to put that picture in my sewing room. You wouldn't have a 8 X 10 copy laying around any place?

    Also, wondering if any one would know what size motor belt a Necchi Nova would take?

    Judy
    Judy, I really don't know just where I found that picture and I'm hoping it is not copywrited! I'm just using it as an avatar. If I can find it again I could give you the link so you could make a copy of it. I'll let you know if I find it again.

    Doesn't your Necchi Nova have an existing belt on it with a number? There are so many different belt makers out there with different types of belts. It would help if you also had a parts list for it. Sorry, can't help you there.
    I wish I did have a belt to use or obtain a product number from but unfortunately it came without a belt. It is a "Occupied Japan" model that looks just like a Necchi BU Nova. Maybe I'll just keep her as a treadle. Thanks for your response.

    Judy
    Kitzone, good luck w/the Necchi belt. I just bought a new to me Alco model 400 and am searching for cams and instruction manual. Did you look for Necchi dealers in your area? There is one about an hour from here but didn't have what I needed and directed me to the Allyn co. (they are the US distributors for Necchi), but I haven't been able to get them to return my phone call. If you find a source for Necchi parts let me know. I've checked on e-bay but what I've found so far they sellers don't know which Necchi they are for.

  12. #13737
    Senior Member emmah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Groton, NY
    Posts
    413
    Someone should snatch up this beautiful condition machine:
    http://syracuse.craigslist.org/atq/2311950428.html
    It is in great shape.
    I live an hour away, but just don't need another machine.

  13. #13738
    Super Member amyjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,397
    Blog Entries
    18
    I just bought an 1897 Singer from eBay. I will need to clean it up a bit. What do we use for some rust on the bottom? It doesn't look like it needs a whole lot, I did find some scots liquid gold yesterday that I am going to use on my 15-91. I am going to try to put that one in the cabinet that I have. I didn't pay a whole lot for this old machine. the shipping was 35. tho. when I get it I will do some before and after pictures.

  14. #13739
    Senior Member shnnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by shnnn
    I bought a necchi model bu at the thrift store today -- wondering if anyone can help me find more information on it
    Necchi group on Yahoo is a great source of info for Necchi's. Very simple to join - not like the other unmentionable site which also might have info for you.
    Thank you so much! I sure wish someone had warned me about the addictive qualities of vintage sewing machines before I let my husband talk me into my singer 19-51. I went to the thrift store looking for a table for that one -- and saw this poor baby sitting on the floor buried in shower curtain rods, I had to bring her home!

    Now I need a cabinet for my Singer -- and possibly a treadle for this Necchi?!!

  15. #13740
    Power Poster sewbizgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    13,854
    Quote Originally Posted by mtspools
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I am looking forward to everyone coming in!! We have plenty of space and lots information to share with each other!

    I am glad to see you all here! :D :D :D

    Billy
    I bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.
    Your Kenwood is beautiful... could it have been made by the White Co.? It looks like one they made so maybe it was badged as a Kenwood. The cabinet and the irons are so pretty.

    What I really LOVE is the quilt in your avatar. Do you have a bigger picture of that? Is it your own design? It's gorgeous!

  16. #13741
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    3,058
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by emmah
    Someone should snatch up this beautiful condition machine:
    http://syracuse.craigslist.org/atq/2311950428.html
    It is in great shape.
    I live an hour away, but just don't need another machine.
    If only I were visiting in-laws - like 30 minuites from them. Drool!

  17. #13742
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by mtspools
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I am looking forward to everyone coming in!! We have plenty of space and lots information to share with each other!

    I am glad to see you all here! :D :D :D

    Billy
    I bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.
    Your Kenwood is beautiful... could it have been made by the White Co.? It looks like one they made so maybe it was badged as a Kenwood. The cabinet and the irons are so pretty.

    What I really LOVE is the quilt in your avatar. Do you have a bigger picture of that? Is it your own design? It's gorgeous!
    where would i find A serial # on it. and how old do you think it is . Thank you for compliment on the quilt i bought the pattern ,its called OMIGOSH HERE IS bigger picture.

    OMIGOSH Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-181478.jpe
Views: 436
Size:  1.81 MB

  18. #13743
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    OMIGOSH is right!!! :shock: What a beautiful quilt you have there! How many pieces? What size is the smallest piece?

  19. #13744
    Power Poster sewbizgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    13,854
    [quote=mtspools]
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by mtspoolsI bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.[/quote

    Your Kenwood is beautiful... could it have been made by the White Co.? It looks like one they made so maybe it was badged as a Kenwood. The cabinet and the irons are so pretty.

    What I really LOVE is the quilt in your avatar. Do you have a bigger picture of that? Is it your own design? It's gorgeous!
    where would i find A serial # on it. and how old do you think it is . Thank you for compliment on the quilt i bought the pattern ,its called OMIGOSH HERE IS bigger picture.
    Oh my... ooodles of teeny tiny pieces! What a work of art...

    If the Kenwood has no serial number visible, try looking on the underside of the machine head. Sometimes the numbers are embossed into the frames underneath.

    I went to Google images to look at pics of antique White machines, and found this one:
    http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/po/...38640k_27.jpeg
    Kinda similar to yours but minus the triple thread thingy on the top of the arm. Your machine just reminds me of a White... It appears to be a vibrating shuttle machine, by the look of the two front-to-back shuttle plates. I love the big square head on those.
    It's not made by Singer, as they never badged machines for any other company. Every machine they made was labeled "Singer".

  20. #13745
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    What a beautiful quilt!

  21. #13746
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    OMIGOSH is right!!! :shock: What a beautiful quilt you have there! How many pieces? What size is the smallest piece?
    Not sure on the amount of pieces everytime I coun't come up wit differnt count :D . Its off getting quilted now or I would try counting again. The smallest pice is 1/2 in. blooks.

  22. #13747
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    OMIGOSH is right!!! :shock: What a beautiful quilt you have there! How many pieces? What size is the smallest piece?
    Not sure on the amount of pieces everytime I count come up with different count :D . Its off getting quilted now or I would try counting again. The smallest piece is 1/2 in. blocks.

  23. #13748
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    [quote=sewbizgirl]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtspools
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by mtspoolsI bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.[/quote

    Your Kenwood is beautiful... could it have been made by the White Co.? It looks like one they made so maybe it was badged as a Kenwood. The cabinet and the irons are so pretty.

    What I really LOVE is the quilt in your avatar. Do you have a bigger picture of that? Is it your own design? It's gorgeous!
    where would i find A serial # on it. and how old do you think it is . Thank you for compliment on the quilt i bought the pattern ,its called OMIGOSH HERE IS bigger picture.
    Oh my... ooodles of teeny tiny pieces! What a work of art...

    If the Kenwood has no serial number visible, try looking on the underside of the machine head. Sometimes the numbers are embossed into the frames underneath.

    I went to Google images to look at pics of antique White machines, and found this one:
    http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/po/...38640k_27.jpeg
    Kinda similar to yours but minus the triple thread thingy on the top of the arm. Your machine just reminds me of a White... It appears to be a vibrating shuttle machine, by the look of the two front-to-back shuttle plates. I love the big square head on those.
    It's not made by Singer, as they never badged machines for any other company. Every machine they made was labeled "Singer".
    It has A bullet bobbin at least that is what I think its called.the shuttle looks like A bullet

  24. #13749
    Super Member mtspools's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    pile of scraps, ILLINOIS
    Posts
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank you

  25. #13750
    Super Member Quiltgranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Quiltsville
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by mtspools
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
    OMIGOSH is right!!! :shock: What a beautiful quilt you have there! How many pieces? What size is the smallest piece?
    Not sure on the amount of pieces everytime I coun't come up wit differnt count :D . Its off getting quilted now or I would try counting again. The smallest pice is 1/2 in. blooks.
    Oh, wow! What an accomplishment! :thumbup: Hope you'll show if off when it is all quilted.

    My wedding quilt just came back from the quilter today. It only has 1200+ pieces in it, the smallest a modest 2". You can see it here if your like:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114572-1.htm

    Congrats,

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.