Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-18-2010, 06:50 AM

My son just told me about a blue Wizard Precision Deluxe sewing machine model# 401056 Japanese made. That's all I know about it and don't have a picture at this point. Does anyone know anything about these machines? Can't find much from searching online at this point. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Howard
Hi Nancy, Me again. You do great work , machines are beautiful after you do them. Thank you so much for the pics. I guess I don't have a MDL 27 after all. The bobbin winder on my machine is much higher also the handwheel is smaller. Maybe it is a MDL 28? Wish I was better at this stuff. You are all so good at it. Thanks again, Loraine
Post a picture and we'll help you out!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:33 AM

Did I read someplace that the Kenmore used to be the Minnesota? Maybe I'm hallucinating. LOL Also, another question: Is :shuttle" another word for bobbin ? Is it shaped like a bullet ? I have one like that now and I remember my mother's treadle machine had one also. Wish I had that treadle now . Also had a "Victrola " , anyone remember those ? Careful now your're going to be showing your age LOL
http://www.ismacs.net/sears/sears.html

The bullet-shaped shuttle holds the bobbin.

I have a Pathe phonograph in my basement right now, though it doesn't work. It's headed for Habitat as soon as it rolls into my view again. The rest of my family better watch out, too--I'm only keeping things that work!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
What does anybody know about a singer 15-125, this ones green in a blonde cabinet. Asking price is $20. My DH saw it yesterday in a thrift shop, I'm gonna go take a look at it today, if it's still there. thanks for any remarks, opinions, etc.
Buy it.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Hi Nancy, Me again. You do great work , machines are beautiful after you do them. Thank you so much for the pics. I guess I don't have a MDL 27 after all. The bobbin winder on my machine is much higher also the handwheel is smaller. Maybe it is a MDL 28? Wish I was better at this stuff. You are all so good at it. Thanks again, Loraine
Post a picture and we'll help you out!
Here goes...hope it works...Darn !!! It did not work. Boy do I feel dumb. Maybe my daughter can do it for me later or maybe tomorrow. She is sick and still working so don't know if she will feel up to it. To be continued...........
Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 PM

Hi Nancy, again...it seems I did post the pics successfully but under "Watched Topics". don't really know how I did it but glad anyway!Please take a look. Thanks , Loraine
Old 09-18-2010, 12:32 PM

Miz Johnny, Thanks for trying to help me identify my old black singer machine. Sandman seems to think it is a 127 or 128. I'm still not sure. The handwheel on my machine is much smaller than the sandman's pics. I think I posted pics of my machine , not too good at this. LOL Please look under Watched Topics today's date You might find my pics. Hope so.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:00 PM

Nancy, I saw your beautiful model 28 on page 352. The bobbin winder on it is low, mine is much higher. Thank you for the pic though. Hope you can find the picture I posted of my machine. Don't really know what I'm doing, can you tell ? Hee Hee Hee Cannot thank you all enough for all the help I have received on this board. What a fabulous group of people.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:31 PM

Miz Johnny, Thanks for trying to help me identify my old black singer machine. Sandman seems to think it is a 127 or 128. I'm still not sure. The handwheel on my machine is much smaller than the sandman's pics. I think I posted pics of my machine , not too good at this. LOL Please look under Watched Topics today's date You might find my pics. Hope so.
Um, I find nothing under watched topics. . . . .Remember, I use treadle and handcrank sewing machines=technologically impaired.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
What does anybody know about a singer 15-125, this ones green in a blonde cabinet. Asking price is $20. My DH saw it yesterday in a thrift shop, I'm gonna go take a look at it today, if it's still there. thanks for any remarks, opinions, etc.
No idea but it sounds oh so lovely and $20. I'd say run. LOL Green is good.