Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 PM

Nancy I just remembered that I posted a pic (My daughter did it as I don't know how) of my machine. Sorry to be a pest. The Serial Number is B627561. Pic was posted on August 3rd. My mistake, it was a PM. Maybe tomorrow I will try to send the pics to you. Wish me luck with that ! Ha Ha Ha
Old 09-18-2010, 04:05 AM
EC

Originally Posted by Howard
Did I read someplace that the Kenmore used to be the Minnesota? Maybe I'm hallucinating. LOL Also, another question: Is :shuttle" another word for bobbin ? Is it shaped like a bullet ? I have one like that now and I remember my mother's treadle machine had one also. Wish I had that treadle now . Also had a "Victrola " , anyone remember those ? Careful now your're going to be showing your age LOL
I Remember the "Victrola", didn't have one but my girlfriends aunt did. Still have a lot of 78's and LP's though, but no turntable to listen to them on.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by HowardNancy[/quote

Hi Nancy, Me again. You do great work , machines are beautiful after you do them. Thank you so much for the pics. I guess I don't have a MDL 27 after all. The bobbin winder on my machine is much higher also the handwheel is smaller. Maybe it is a MDL 28? Wish I was better at this stuff. You are all so good at it. Thanks again, Loraine
Loraine, look at this forum on page 352. That is my Model 28 that I just got from a yard sale. The Model 28 is a 3/4 size machine. If you post a picture Miz Johnny, Billy, Charlee or most of the people here could tell you what you have.

Nancy
Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by BZ quilting

I have a Eldredge B (pictured page 150) and Minesota Model D (pictured page 187) Thanks for any help you can give me.
I looked at your Eldredge B (I almost bought one the other day) and yes, I'd clean it up very carefully using Billy's tutorials (do a search here to find them). I also looked for your Minnesota on page 187, but no machines pictured? On page 188, Billy posted an ad from Sears for a Minnesota. Is that what you were referring to? They are both very nice with beautiful cabinets. I'd love to have one treadle of each make -- but OMG -- where would I put them????

Nancy

Nancy
Old 09-18-2010, 04:53 AM

Nancy I just remembered that I posted a pic (My daughter did it as I don't know how) of my machine. Sorry to be a pest. The Serial Number is B627561. Pic was posted on August 3rd. My mistake, it was a PM. Maybe tomorrow I will try to send the pics to you. Wish me luck with that ! Ha Ha Ha
That is a 1904 machine. Love to see a picture here.

Nancy
Old 09-18-2010, 04:59 AM

Hi Nancy, Me again. You do great work , machines are beautiful after you do them. Thanks again, Loraine
I can't take credit for my "great work" as I just followed Billy's Tutorials on taking apart, cleaning, and putting back together my machines!! Except for the elbow grease -- I spent lots of time on that machine trying to get 109 years of built up gunk off! LOL! But, it is so much fun to bring these old girls back from the dead!

Nancy
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Billy, Miz Johnny, as far as I can tell, the only difference in these two machines is where the bobbin winder is located. Correct?

There are a few small differences, but as soon as I list them, someone will come up with a machine that's different!!
127 has the ejector button for the shuttle, 27 does not. Because there's a groove for the ejector on the 127, you can use the 127 shuttle in a 27, but not a 27 shuttle in the 127. The older 27 machines have a slightly thicker hand wheel. The decals change over the years as well; there are many decals found on the 27, most of the 127 machines I've found over the years have had Sphinx decals. Hmn--what have I missed??
Geeze, I love these educational replies! Thank you Miz Johnny for taking the time to share your knowledge!

Nancy
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by BZ quilting

I have a Eldredge B (pictured page 150) and Minesota Model D (pictured page 187) Thanks for any help you can give me.
I looked at your Eldredge B (I almost bought one the other day) and yes, I'd clean it up very carefully using Billy's tutorials (do a search here to find them). I also looked for your Minnesota on page 187, but no machines pictured? On page 188, Billy posted an ad from Sears for a Minnesota. Is that what you were referring to? They are both very nice with beautiful cabinets. I'd love to have one treadle of each make -- but OMG -- where would I put them????

Nancy

Nancy
Is there any question here really? :lol: You get rid of the living room furniture, of course!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I keep threatening that...I tell William if he'd just give up the entertainment center and recliner, I could fit in at least 3 more machines, and maybe 4!! :lol:)
Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 AM

What does anybody know about a singer 15-125, this ones green in a blonde cabinet. Asking price is $20. My DH saw it yesterday in a thrift shop, I'm gonna go take a look at it today, if it's still there. thanks for any remarks, opinions, etc.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:48 AM

Going to an estate sale today and this machine will be for sale. Not sure if it's a good one or not. Anyone guess what it's worth??

Oops no pic!!!

I give up. sorry friends