Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 40 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 540 1040 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Hello my name is Lisa and I am a sewing machine addict. I am going to have to block myself from Craig's list. I think I am getting okay deals, but now have more then a years work I think. Sorry I cannot get pictures of the machines and cabinets. I live alone and cannot afford to hurt my back again getting them out of the car. I will have to get a friend over to help. So three to add to the work pile and come up with names.

Domestic Series 153 Serial #153-127675, cabinet needs to be refinished but solid ($50). Has buttonhole attachment, other attachments and manuals.

Singer Model 15 ($70) that showed pictures of a few days ago with I think it is called the Gingerbread decals. The cabinet will need major work as half the laminate is gone on the top. The machine looks like someone tried to paint the bed, there was black paint over part of serial number #G3294489, 25,000 alloted October 29, 1913. The paint on the bed has lots of crazing, but decals are pristine. Bag of feet attachments in the drawer.

And 3rd - Singer serial # 260 6332 then large space and 45332. Picture below shows most decals gone and paint on bed missing, shuttle doors rusted shut. The coffin top cabinet needs resurfacing and the coffin top is missing one side. ($45)

No more buying until I have one up and running. The whole idea was to try a treadle machine. :?
    Hello Lisa I am a sewing machine addict too. Unfortunately we are enablers here and I am starting to find myself going to estate sales, thrift stores, and I have been known to dumpster dive along with curbside shopping for things I can flip to foot the bill for the next fix. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just think if I did not open this shop I would have missed all of these wonderful machines you all keep coming up with!!!! And Lisa you are getting as bad as I am!!

I love the model 12 Singer that is my all time favorite machine!!!! I am waiting for mine to come from France and I can not wait to play with it. I can not believe that you gave only $45 for the machine. You go girl!!

That does it I am coming out there to see you and when I do, we are going to hang out for awhile and going machine shopping!

Billy

Blog Entries
    Lisa,

I also just bought a coffin top machine. Only paid $40 for it. It is in excellent condition except for the side leaf. It is broken but I hope to have it repaired someday.

My DD bought me a Singer Treadle, Serial # AE658095 for $50. It needs a belt and some cleaning.

I am going to buy another Singer Treadle on Wednesday for $75. It is in excellent working condition. They think the serial is H or M 1313112. It has 6 side drawers if that helps. I am so excited to be getting it!!!

My DD is also getting me a toy Singer from the 60's or 70's for Christmas. It is in mint condition, still in the box and has all the papers and things. It is $76. LOL!!

I told my DD that she has created a sewing machine addict with all of her enabling. LOL!!

Here are some pics of my treasures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Sharon, Thanks for posting pictures. I love your machines. Earlier this week I brought home a coffin treadle and I can't decide whether I like it better with the box covering the machine or the machine uncovered. Either way bugs me that I don't have it displayed the other way. Yikes!

Blog Entries
    I'm like that too Linda! I have my Singer out, because that's what I use to piece my Jane Stickle quilt....but the W&W #8 is under cover in the living room...I'd love to have it out, but I do NOT want this one getting dusty and have to clean it...I'm afraid if I blow on the decals they'll flake away! :lol:

okay billi this is the industrial with the elongated throat--10". Is she an industrial? and can i use a regular sewing motor to run her or do i have to get the bigger 110 motor?

The 31-15 is the head only, it does not have a power source. The handwheel turns smoothly but I think the needle is bent so it hits the plate before it can do a full rotation. It does not have a bobbin case or bobbin. The back spool pin on the top is bent.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey
    okay billi this is the industrial with the elongated throat--10". Is she an industrial? and can i use a regular sewing motor to run her or do i have to get the bigger 110 motor?

The 31-15 is the head only, it does not have a power source. The handwheel turns smoothly but I think the needle is bent so it hits the plate before it can do a full rotation. It does not have a bobbin case or bobbin. The back spool pin on the top is bent.
    Yep its an industrial.

I am going to run mine ( I am looking to get a 31-15 soon) on my treadle in my studio. You could run a smaller motor on it if you want to but it will have to have some sort of mounting brackets made up or mounted under a table with a longer belt.

You can use the regular class 15 bobbins and the case my be the same but you need to make sure it is clocked right. the pins can be replaced with ones you can pick up on eBay.

Basically you have a Singer 15 on steroids.

Billy

i did get the shuttle plates off (WD40 and the hair dryer worked)the bobbin shuttle is not what i expected, it is totally different than my singer. still working on the tension bar and pressure foot bar. and the bobbing winder is ther it is just in the box beside the machine

Billy....I am looking at a Singer 99 and a Singer 301a....Do you have an opinion on either of these models???

Does anyone have a Singer 337 owners manual and or parts list that they are willing to share? I need to figure out a part number to order.

Thanks

:)

Banned
    I would jump at the chance at a 301!! Its pretty much a FW on steroids and you have the benefit of it being a full sized portable that only weighs a tad more than the FW.

The 99 is a 3/4 machine so it is compact but heavy. It uses a class 66 bobbin and a lot of the parts from a 66 will interchange.

So if I only could get one of them it would be the 301A.

Billy

Banned
    Does anyone have a Singer 337 owners manual and or parts list that they are willing to share? I need to figure out a part number to order.

Thanks

:)
    Lisa I do not have any manuals on that particular machine but I will see what I can come up with.

Billy

Well, I did it again,
    I bought another machine. This one is a Singer Model 66-1 that I picked up off CL for $30.00.

Won't actually pick it up until next week. At the moment I don't believe it is in working order, but I feel that with Billy's tute's I can get it going.

Look at all the attachments! :!:

Didn't Charlee say she was doing a tute on them? I hope so.

Now all I need is a bigger house!

Model 66-1 Treadle
    Name:  Attachment-69243.jpe
Views: 167
Size:  5.8 KB

Model 66-1 Treadle Attachments
    Name:  Attachment-69244.jpe
Views: 163
Size:  8.6 KB

Attachment Book???
    Name:  Attachment-69245.jpe
Views: 161
Size:  6.9 KB

Model 66-1 Treadle Manual
    Name:  Attachment-69246.jpe
Views: 163
Size:  5.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Jan, I'm jealous!! :lol:

Your "attachment book" is actually for a darning attachment...and I'm not sure as I can't see in the photo very clearly, but I have one that's a spring that attaches to the needle!

And yep! I'll be doing a tute...right now I have it planned for Weds...day off and William's going fishing, so I'll be able to play! :D

Blog Entries
    Note to self: MUST. STAY. AWAY. FROM. CRAIGSLIST. AND. EBAY!!!

(There's a White Rotary on there with a unique cabinet and knee "pedal"!!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee

Charlee, I know how you feel, believe me. Before I stepped into the shop a few minutes ago I was debating (with myself) "if" I should open up CL or not :shock: :shock:

Banned
    Hello guys, I see people have been shopping and Jan I love that you have a free machine and treadle for buying the attachments!! :-D

I am looking forward to your tutorials Charlee, I went shopping today and found a box of attachments for my 500A so I am tickled there. And the lady that I got the machine from said she has the Jewel case with all of the cams and attachments so I will get those tomorrow.

I did run across a brand new in the box Griest Button Holer for a low shank Zig Zag machine that I am going to put in the classifieds so if anyone wants it then feel free to jump on in.

Here are the photos of the goodies I found..

Billy

Okay Charlee what are these. I know the top one is a Ruffler the one one the right is maybe an adjustable hemmer and the one on the left is for Binding (?)
    Name:  Attachment-69272.jpe
Views: 173
Size:  67.2 KB

And these
    Name:  Attachment-69273.jpe
Views: 166
Size:  61.7 KB

It says 301 but they will fit all of the Slant Shank machines 301, 401, 500, 503
    Name:  Attachment-69274.jpe
Views: 166
Size:  55.6 KB

This was the first time they were out of the box since new
    Name:  Attachment-69275.jpe
Views: 174
Size:  71.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee

Charlee, I know how you feel, believe me. Before I stepped into the shop a few minutes ago I was debating (with myself) "if" I should open up CL or not :shock: :shock:
    I think my DH is going to take my laptop away if I don't stay off of CL.

Can't wait for the tute Charlee, I only started paying attention to the older machines a couple of months ago, so I know very little about them. Except they sew so well and look so nice. A lot of times when you are talking about different things I have NO idea what you are talking about. But I'll learn.

I have to really get busy cleaning them up nicer. I have been using them though as they sew so much better than the newer ones! haven't gotten the hang of the treadle yet. It keeps going backwards!

Wow, Billy, look at those sparkle!

I downloaded a free 15-91 manual from Shop.sew-classic.com and it explained all the different feet available, how they worked and had pictures. Yes, the one on the left is one that you would use to attach bias binding. According to the pictures, it 's not prefolded. The foot folds it as you sew.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne57
    I downloaded a free 15-91 manual from Shop.sew-classic.com and it explained all the different feet available, how they worked and had pictures. Yes, the one on the left is one that you would use to attach bias binding. According to the pictures, it 's not prefolded. The foot folds it as you sew.
    Thats great you were able to get the manual for your machine! Its neat what all the different attachments do and how they work.

I cant wait for Charlee to do her tutorial about them. I would like to know how to use them myself from someone that has experiance with them. I have a book downloaded that tells you what all they are and how to use them. But its a little formal and not explained in normal English that I can understand.

Billy

Banned
    Jan are you going to convert your first "Red Eye" to a 66-1?

I was looking at the photos of when you first posted it on like page 1 or 2 and it is a really nice looking machine! It would do it justice if you did do the conversion. You are already half way there all you need to do is pull the Presserfoot Bar out of the 66-1 you just picked up and put it into the other machine you have torn down.

Just a thought, plus with sooo many 66 Red Eyes out there it would not hurt the value any if anything it would make it more desirable.

Billy

I know I wasn't supposed to be looking at CL this week. But look what I found. It seems like such a good deal. I have never seen a machine like this before.

What to do :?: :?: :?:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/fuo/1746391045.html

Banned
    I know I wasn't supposed to be looking at CL this week. But look what I found. It seems like such a good deal. I have never seen a machine like this before.

Buy it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

OMG !!!! That is gorgeous. I think I would walk to Riverside for that one.

I haunt CL all the time myself, but we don't seem to get such good deals. I also need to be careful because of places to put them.

My husband is so sweet though. He never says a word when I cart some new sewing machine home. He is a gun enthusiast and I think he understands. My kids see no point in why anyone would need more then one sewing machine. You can only use one at a time. But my husband understands. After all you can only shoot one gun at a time.

You're such an enabler. But is it a really good deal? I sent an email and will call tomorrow and see if they will hold till weekend when I can drive up there. Putting some miles on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51

Buy it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Page 40 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 90 140 540 1040 ... LastLast