Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 500 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 499 500 501 510 550 600 1000 1500 ... LastLast
Results 12,476 to 12,500 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Anybody know what this little machine is? It's listed in an auction as a featherweight with a ? after it. I think they are just thinking because it's small it's a featherweight. It is a treadle it seems in a pretty ugly green painted cabinet.
    It's beautiful. Looks like a chainstitch machine.
    I was wondering if it was that too. And if it is missing a couple of parts.
    Its a model 24 and I would jump on it in a New York second!!!!

Billy

Blog Entries
    Thank you every one for your help l cannot believe that l have these machines. My story and it's true l followed an ad in the local paper when l got there it was son selling his mothers machines he asked me if l was going to use it or have it on show i said use it so he let me go and look to cut a long story short l bought it, the treadle, then he asked me if l was interested in these other machines so l bout the other five as well not treadles and they all work so thats how l started my little collection. l bought Ruby the day before in a second hand shop as l fell in love with her. l will now try to post more pictures for your interest

Name:  Attachment-171687.jpe
Views: 662
Size:  63.2 KB

EJ423118
    Name:  Attachment-171689.jpe
Views: 642
Size:  69.1 KB

99K K9936702
    Name:  Attachment-171692.jpe
Views: 643
Size:  67.2 KB

Singer 242 maybe 1972
    Name:  Attachment-171697.jpe
Views: 1422
Size:  47.9 KB

books machine is pale green
    Name:  Attachment-171699.jpe
Views: 651
Size:  61.9 KB

This is a Borletti FB1102 made in Italy peddle is name NECCHI on it
    Name:  Attachment-171702.jpe
Views: 1382
Size:  57.3 KB

with books does embroidery and is green any idea on age or information
    Name:  Attachment-171712.jpe
Views: 639
Size:  49.1 KB

Wow that is quite a haul!!! Enjoy your "new" machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsie Blight
    Thank you every one for your help l cannot believe that l have these machines. My story and it's true l followed an ad in the local paper when l got there it was son selling his mothers machines he asked me if l was going to use it or have it on show i said use it so he let me go and look to cut a long story short l bought it, the treadle, then he asked me if l was interested in these other machines so l bout the other five as well not treadles and they all work so thats how l started my little collection. l bought Ruby the day before in a second hand shop as l fell in love with her. l will now try to post more pictures for your interest

Thought maybe I should post a pic or two of my new (old) machine. Just found her today, but she is in hospital at moment so I won't get to bring her home until probably next week...
    How sad is it that I had her serial number memorized in less than 15 minutes of seeing her?
    Singer AK547456 model 201 born 7/26/1951
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Elsie,
    The machine with serial # EJ423118 is a 201K. That 201K can go in your Singer treadle. All you need to do is take the motor off. The wheel on that is ok for treadle use. My favorite machine is my 201K. Here is a picture of mine so that you can see the setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilladare
    Thought maybe I should post a pic or two of my new (old) machine. Just found her today, but she is in hospital at moment so I won't get to bring her home until probably next week...
    How sad is it that I had her serial number memorized in less than 15 minutes of seeing her?
    Singer AK547456 model 201 born 7/26/1951
    Congrats on your 201-2! You will love this machine.

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for that l didn't know so if l got an old treadle that did not work l could do that and l will thank you once again wow thank you all for your help

Elsie

Blog Entries
    Thank you l have been and inspected my machines and l now find through your help that l have three 201K machine
    Elsie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty1mom
    I talked to the guy with the $25.00 machine. He says the word Minnesota is on it. Don't know what that is but, I am going to look at it this afternoon. If it fits in the Jeep it will come home with me. It's amazing what I can cram into that car!
    Wow! I can't wait to see pictures! Some of the Minnesota's were beautiful - a badged White!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    What is in the little door on the front of the Borletti machine? Does it take cams or something? It is so cool! Love the fold down bed! Can't wait to hear more about her!

Blog Entries
    Laura and Elsie, you both have beautiful Lotus machines! Elsie, all Lotus decaled machines were 66's.

Kathie, I find Liquid Gold at Lowes, but you won't need any for a while! I use that stuff on my kitchen cabinets, my treadle cabinets, my machines to shine them -- everywhere!

Weedwoman, I would think I had died and gone to heaven if I found a Model 24 like that -- green cabinet and all! It is in great shape!

Tomilu can we see what the Pfaff 230 looks like? I've not been that lucky to find a 201 for nothing!

Sewbizgirl, I know you found the slide plate, but in the future if you are missing something like that Billy usually carries them.

Elsie can I be the heir to that Victor DeLux? Geeze, that machine is pretty! But, the one parlor cabinet - what is in that cabinet? That looks like my friend's cabinet, really looks a lot like my cabinet too -- and we have Free's in that cabinet.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to be offensive, but GF was busy and into everything that she was capable of doing. She had a massive heart-attack at 56. She was diagnosed with it. It's not a bad thing, she just ignored the diagnoses. Like you, she just wanted to get things done.
    Cherrybsixty, I think you are quite charming - never offensive! Geeze, it is hard to get your feelings across sometimes when only typing! I actually thought it was funny!

Sorry to hear about GF - that is very young for a heart attack!

Nancy
    Nancy, you are right about the typing thing. But, my adult children say that I am quick to label and I really shouldn't do that. Happy riding and sewing to you, make it a 'Nancy-kind of day.'

Banned
    I tell you what there are some really nice machines coming out here lately! Looks like I might have to go "Down Under" to find my 201K! :P That was a haul and a half!!!!

Hopefully in a week or so I can work on some of mine I still have a few I need to list on here to sell but I still have customers in line to be worked on.

Billy

Kathie, I find Liquid Gold at Lowes, but you won't need any for a while! I use that stuff on my kitchen cabinets, my treadle cabinets, my machines to shine them -- everywhere!Nancy[/quote]

Nancy I called Lowes first and they told me they had it. I went over there and they did not. That is why I called Scott's ordered it from them. Kathie

Thank you l have been and inspected my machines and l now find through your help that l have three 201K machine
    Elsie
    Elsie, how blessed you are! I'm searching for a 201 but either I get there too late or it's a 201-2 which cannot be made into treadle. Enjoy you're girls. This is so much fun! Annie

I have a new vintage machine by Singer. On the top of her it says The Singer Sewing Machine Company made in Great Britian I don't know how to send photos yet. Do you have a regular site on the board?

thanks,
    suzm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwendt
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I need information on a 1928 Singer 99-13. It didn't come with power cord or controller. It is in a bentwood case, but no key. I have been searching and searching for a picture of the key I need, but can't find one.

I also see that some of the 99-13s came with a knee controller and some with a foot controller. How do I tell which one I have?

HELP!!! :-) Thanks!!
    Still hoping someone knows about this!! Thanks!! Janice
    Janice, I'm not sure... but it seems to me that the bentwood cased machines that used a knee lift... had a hole in the bottom front of the case (towards the right side) where the long metal knee controller fitted into (through the case and into the machine). If there's no hole in the front of the bottom of the case, I'd guess that it was meant to be a foot controller. I'd do a google image search for that model and look at them to see.
    So that's what the hole is on the front of one of my machines! I looked at it with a flashlight but had no clue. I bought it thinking I would have to purchase a foot control and I couldn't find where I would put one on it as it does need to be rewired.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suzm
    I have a new vintage machine by Singer. On the top of her it says The Singer Sewing Machine Company made in Great Britian I don't know how to send photos yet. Do you have a regular site on the board?

thanks,
    suzm
    Suzm, we just post the pictures here in the shop. If you do a reply or quote reply there are instructions under File Attachments on how to post picutures. It is really easy if you have them on your desk top somewhere.

Nancy

A couple days ago I said I would post pictures of the Necchi BU Mira and cabinet that I got off of Freecycle. It came with all the attachments, manual, Wonder wheel and cams. The cords were all rotted and the handwheel wouldn't move by hand at all. The spring on the slide plate was broken and the bobbin winder housing was broken in two. I found replacements on Ebay and Bonanza.
    I used a lot of liquid wrench in all of the oil points to get it loosened up and then oiled it,rewired the machine and took apart the motor and cleaned it up. Rewiring it and cleaning the motor was a first for me but with all the info on the internet I figured that I could do it. I'm waiting for the belt to come in the mail and then will muster up the courage to plug it in. lol
    I'll make sure that I plug it into a GFCI outlet so if something is wrong it will trip it.
    Judy

Dirty
    Name:  Attachment-171900.jpe
Views: 266
Size:  36.1 KB

cleaned
    Name:  Attachment-171901.jpe
Views: 269
Size:  39.8 KB

machine with desk
    Name:  Attachment-171902.jpe
Views: 264
Size:  41.9 KB

Isn't it neat when a plan comes together? That is quite amazing!! You did a good job on the cleanup, and can't wait until you get the belt where you can use it. Keep us all posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter
    A couple days ago I said I would post pictures of the Necchi BU Mira and cabinet that I got off of Freecycle. It came with all the attachments, manual, Wonder wheel and cams. The cords were all rotted and the handwheel wouldn't move by hand at all. The spring on the slide plate was broken and the bobbin winder housing was broken in two. I found replacements on Ebay and Bonanza.
    I used a lot of liquid wrench in all of the oil points to get it loosened up and then oiled it,rewired the machine and took apart the motor and cleaned it up. Rewiring it and cleaning the motor was a first for me but with all the info on the internet I figured that I could do it. I'm waiting for the belt to come in the mail and then will muster up the courage to plug it in. lol
    I'll make sure that I plug it into a GFCI outlet so if something is wrong it will trip it.
    Judy

Melinda,
    Thank you, Judy

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Here's the FW I just bought... really dirty, really stinky, missing paint along front edge and motor is nearly frozen. I have my job cut out for me~!
    sewbizgirl - looks like you got the hay brushed off. Can't wait to see how she cleans up. Is it a Centennial model? Looks like a faint blue under the junk on the emblem.
    The FW shown is a 50s model, it has the newer decals. It probably just needs the spa treatment to get everything moving again.

Elsie,
    The machine with serial # EJ423118 is a 201K. That 201K can go in your Singer treadle. All you need to do is take the motor off. The wheel on that is ok for treadle use. My favorite machine is my 201K. Here is a picture of mine so that you can see the setup.
    I have a 15-90 Singer that was electric(motor hangs off the back
    & is belt driven), I treadle this one & it has the solid handwheel
    very smooth machine, the coffin top sits on a set of Elgin treadle
    irons. Very nice set up, the irons are quiet and very nice to sew with.
    Sharon W. in Texas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Elsie,
    I have a 15-90 Singer that was electric(motor hangs off the back
    & is belt driven), I treadle this one & it has the solid handwheel
    very smooth machine, the coffin top sits on a set of Elgin treadle
    irons. Very nice set up, the irons are quiet and very nice to sew with.
    Sharon W. in Texas
    Sharon, Have you found that the non Singer treadle irons are quieter?

I have noticed that with my Davis treadle it seems quieter than the Singer treadles. Since the Davis NVF has a shuttle the machine is noisy, but I have noticed that the treadle is very smooth and quiet. I have a Free treadle irons that needs repair; so, I haven't used it to see how quiet and smooth it treadles. All my other treadles are Singers.

Anyone else notice if the non Singer treadles are quieter and smoother?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Star Quilter
    Judy
    Juday NICE Necchi BU Mira. I think that machine can be put in a treadle.