Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Way to go girl! Sounds like you and your DH had a good weekend too. Isn't it fun when the DH likes these machine as much as you do? :) :)
It sure is!

:thumbup:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:16 PM

I just got a machine at a garage sale. I can't find infor on it. It is a Homestead Precision Sewing Machine. Made in Japan. H211323 It did not have any accessories or a bobbin case & bobbin. Any help would be appreciated. I will try to post a picture in the picture section . Thanks
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90256.jpe  
Old 09-19-2010, 08:18 PM

Ok Billy, what do you think of this one. Think we made a good deal? But remember it hasn't been cleaned yet. We are going to call it Stradivarius (rare fiddle).
Wow! What a beautiful machine! What year is it?

Nancy
Old 09-19-2010, 08:20 PM

not sure 1950's
Old 09-19-2010, 08:57 PM

Ok Billy, what do you think of this one. Think we made a good deal? But remember it hasn't been cleaned yet. We are going to call it Stradivarius (rare fiddle).
Trish - what a SCORE! Congratulations on your new fiddle base. I now want one too!

Also congratulations to all that had great finds this weekend.

I got back and got my mail from the post office. The Minnesota that I purchased on ebay in June finally showed up. The seller has already given me a refund. But it was not packed properly so the hand wheel is broken and there is another part loose that not sure where it is supposed to be.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Hello everyone! I recently came across a woman in one of my other groups that has 3 vintage sewing machines she wants to get rid of. She's in the Alabama area and apparently close to Tennessee. If she can't find a home for these machines, she's going to throw them away. Here is part of the e-mail I got from her. If you are interested, feel free to contact me with a PM. Thanks,

Here's the message: "I haven't been able to get pics yet, camera dead. One of the machines is a Standard, another has the name Happy Hearth written on the arm and the other is a Wheeler & Wilson #9 (the last model before being bought out by Singer. You can let them know this info or just have them contact me if they are interested. Probably going in garbage the end of the week if I can't find them a home. Thanks for trying to help. JUDY

Judy9_Quilts
Woodville, AL

Again, if you are interested just let me know in a PM and I can forward your info on to her.
Quilterguy27
Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by funquilter
I just got a machine at a garage sale. I can't find infor on it. It is a Homestead Precision Sewing Machine. Made in Japan. H211323 It did not have any accessories or a bobbin case & bobbin. Any help would be appreciated. I will try to post a picture in the picture section . Thanks
Any standard low-shank accessories will work. The bobbin case and bobbin are type 15, easy to find and cheap. You can find the bobbins in any store carrying supplies, and the bobbin case at any Singer dealership, as well as any store that sells parts.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 AM

DH got the green 15-125 for me today but I've been too busy to even look at it. Had too many longarming projects to get done and still didn't finish before I ran out of steam.
Have no idea where I'm going to put another machine. OMG, I am so addicted.......
Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by funquilter
Any standard low-shank accessories will work. The bobbin case and bobbin are type 15, easy to find and cheap. You can find the bobbins in any store carrying supplies, and the bobbin case at any Singer dealership, as well as any store that sells parts.
Miz Johnny,
I have a Dressmaker made in Japan, so any of the aftermarket feet and attachments might work on it? Thank, Bobbie
Old 09-20-2010, 01:27 PM

Hi,
I'm new here, found this website today while searching for other information. I own a Singer 201-3 that is in a Singer straight leg treadle cabinet, 15-90 in the classic Singer treadle cabinet, and a 1907 Singer Thistle 66 that is presently in a beautiful wooden box ready for to turn into a hand-crank. I purchased my first vintage machines this summer. Two of them on the same day; the 66 in a treadle at the time of purchase and a 15-91 (which I gave as a gift to my daughter for buttonhole use). After those two purchases, I started hunting for attachment parts at estate sales. Well, not only did I find some parts, but I found the 201-3 with the original motor (European) in a sad box, 15-90, another 15-91 in a beautiful box, and my poor 15BG168 (that looks like a mutt right now, different parts). I took the 15BB168 out of the Singer straight leg cabinet and converted the 201-3 to treadle (and immediately fell in love with that machine). I was warming up to my Thistle 66, but was having some tension issues. After reading some posts from folks stating that they prefer to free-motion quilt on the 15-90/91 over the 201s, I decided to put the 15-90 in the treadle that my 66 was in (glad I did). I rotated some machines around, and Singer 66 now has a honorary spot in that beautiful box which sits on my sewing desk. Wow, sorry this is a bit long.;) Looking forward to reading all the past posts. Thanks!

Singer 15-90
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97497[/ATTACH]

Singer thistle 66
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97498[/ATTACH]

Singer 201-3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97499[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97492.jpe   attachment-97493.jpe   attachment-97494.jpe