Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 549 of 4420 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 548 549 550 559 599 649 1049 1549 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 44191

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I do that in my studio with my central treadle, but I can even run an industrial in it if I want. The table top is 36x140 and I have wooden plates that I made to fit the central opening and then there is a hole cut out to fit various machines that I have and use in my studio.

Billy
    This is a beautiful set up. I'm jealous. What did you use for your table top?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    I do that in my studio with my central treadle, but I can even run an industrial in it if I want. The table top is 36x140 and I have wooden plates that I made to fit the central opening and then there is a hole cut out to fit various machines that I have and use in my studio.

Billy
    This is a beautiful set up. I'm jealous. What did you use for your table top?

I agree that is a beautiful set up, nice large counter for work space.

Blog Entries
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty B. I just came across this machine and can't find any information about it. It is a Majestic, reg.#267.864, serial # 71213, Model # SSA-10. I am going to try to send some pics. It is made in Japan. I need a manual if you know where i can get one I have been looking for one for two days on the internet. ty for looking. Tommye
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Posting some pictures of the machines. And yes that is a rubber band from the brocolli instead of a sewing machine belt that my husband used to make the pink machine go.

Elna attachments and cams. The metal case makes a sewing table that you set the machine in.
    Name:  Attachment-111924.jpe
Views: 338
Size:  47.6 KB

cams for the pink Miss
    Name:  Attachment-111925.jpe
Views: 314
Size:  37.2 KB

green Elna circa 1950
    Name:  Attachment-112014.jpe
Views: 567
Size:  38.4 KB

Broadway Deluxe zig zag I think Japanese made.
    Name:  Attachment-112015.jpe
Views: 524
Size:  34.2 KB

nice 1950 look
    Name:  Attachment-112016.jpe
Views: 327
Size:  31.5 KB

Singer 301A The cabinet is from another 301 we bought a couple of months ago.
    Name:  Attachment-112166.jpe
Views: 364
Size:  33.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Posting some pictures of the machines. And yes that is a rubber band from the brocolli instead of a sewing machine belt that my husband used to make the pink machine go.

Like your machines. Why aren't some of them not in that fantastic sewing studio of yours? Love the look of the pink one, and I'm not a fan of pink.
    That pink one would look great sitting on top of the darker dresser in a beautiful wooden box with a quilted runner under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Anna, you and DH have really gotten the bug. Nice machines. :thumbup:

[/quote]

Like your machines. Why aren't some of them not in that fantastic sewing studio of yours? Love the look of the pink one, and I'm not a fan of pink.
    That pink one would look great sitting on top of the darker dresser in a beautiful wooden box with a quilted runner under it.[/quote]

They are now, with the exception of Pinky (needs more work), but when I took the other picture of the studio I had only the Feather Weight. DH bought that before I quilted. These pictures that I posted above are from machines purchased the last couple of days. I put machines on top of the two dressers. I never thought of the space above the tall cabinet. Thanks!

Down stairs taking over the living room are three machines in cabinets Singer 301A , Red Eye Treadle and Singer 15 electric. I like to have a set up down there plus I encourage my kids to use them too.

DH fixed this cabinet and machine and it is in the living room too
    Name:  Attachment-113841.jpe
Views: 373
Size:  41.8 KB

Red Eye treadle
    Name:  Attachment-114090.jpe
Views: 282
Size:  40.1 KB

Singer 15
    Name:  Attachment-114091.jpe
Views: 283
Size:  35.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Was hoping you could give me some information on this machine. Picked it up at a yard sale Friday for $25.00.

Here is the number on the underside as best as I could make it out: K71 01225

And on the plate it reads:
    Guaranteed
    BELL Electric
    Universal Motor
    FORWARD
    Volts 110-115 Cycles 25-75 & D.C. AMPS .8 (or .9)
    1/15 H.P.
    Los Angeles, CA

On the other plate it reads:
    Made in Japan
    DELUXE
    Sewing Machine.

Am going to take it to the local repair person and have him go over it with a fine tooth comb. It, at least, needs a new cord as the old one is taped together.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Blog Entries
    Golly Gee I love all the pictures!

Billy, that studio is so nice, but where do you keep all the rest of your machines?

Nancy

Blog Entries

That pink one would look great sitting on top of the darker dresser in a beautiful wooden box with a quilted runner under it.[/quote]

They are now, with the exception of Pinky (needs more work), but when I took the other picture of the studio I had only the Feather Weight. DH bought that before I quilted. These pictures that I posted above are from machines purchased the last couple of days. I put machines on top of the two dressers. I never thought of the space above the tall cabinet. Thanks!

Down stairs taking over the living room are three machines in cabinets Singer 301A , Red Eye Treadle and Singer 15 electric. I like to have a set up down there plus I encourage my kids to use them too.[/quote]

I love your Red Eye, and your 301 cabinet. Is the 301 cabinet the "retro"? I didn't know that it had all that storage to it. Great cabinet for the electric vintage machines. I would hid a box of chocolates in one of those drawers. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your studio.