Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 593 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 93 493 543 583 592 593 594 603 643 693 1093 1593 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 43720

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Thank you. I went back to the page it is on and did hit virtual section but seen no Vintage machine shop listed. Oh well I will eventually figure it out....I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary M
    Can someone tell me how I can get pics into this section ...Vintage Machine shop? I see they just came up on the Main. Thanks for any help. Mary M
    Vintage Machine Shop is a virtual section. Each thread within it actually lives in one of the "real" sections, such has Main. After you post a new topic, you can add it to the virtual section. Look near the top of the page for the link to do this.
    ;) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
    Hello Billy and Friends BUY or PASS?

I have an opportunity to purchase these, and wonder if I should. I want them all right, but I want to sew on them. I have alot of experience with mid-century (20th) machines, but am unsure if I could fix, identify problems or get them to work. What do you think buy or pass?

Two Antique sewing machines one an Elias HOWE of NYC model from the Mid Eighteen Hundreds and a Wheeler & Wilson from later in the Eighteen Hundreds.
    I sew on a WW 8 treadle and love it. It's easy to use and makes a great stitch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
    Nancy, your 99 is great hope, you enjoy sewing on her. So I am finally putting pictures of the 99K we bought Wednesday. The woman that owned it had it stored in an old old bread delivery truck with piles of stuff on top might be why it stayed in good shape. It hasn't been cleaned yet just oiled and lube. Did try and sew and she sews like a (Singer). I might not keep it due to the fact that I have a Bel-air that is a copy of the 99K and has occupied Japan stamped on it.
    Trish she is in great shape! She looks just like my other 99K, except my 1956 99K is in a small cabinet. I love the 99K's, and the Spartan's -- even though, I don't own a Spartan now. I still can't believe the little 99K from 1936 that I got yesterday is a 99K! It is so much fancier than any 99K I have ever seen before.

I'd keep that machine if I were you. My grandkids love to sew on the small machines, and those 99K's are perfect for them. Plus, your 99K has a stitch length regulator and it backs up. The one I got yesterday is old enough that it doesn't have the stitch regulator, nor does it go backwards.

What year is your 99K?

Nancy

My 99K was born Nov.23,1955.

What is the difference between a 99 and 99K?

I found a 99 dated 1941 with parts, case and manual for $60. It is the black matte finish, not shiny. Only damage I could see are some scuffs to the motor and some paint about the size of a quarter has lifted or peeled from the sewing bed. Is it worth the asking price?

Thanks all for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    I enjoy seeing what everyone does with machines--we're all different and have a different focus, it's truly interesting to see what each individual has in mind when they haul that machine in!
    Hi Miz Johnny....I just noticed the green Elna in your avatar. I just bought one of those last week :-D. I thought it was a 'grasshopper', when I saw it on Craigslist, but after getting it home and looking at pictures of the different versions I see that is a Supermatic. How do you like yours?

I see that the management of this section is now "by managers" rather than "by author". That means you can't add a topic but have to ask a manager to add it. That has changed, I don't know why, but you could probably ask Billy to add your topic.

Thank you. I went back to the page it is on and did hit virtual section but seen no Vintage machine shop listed. Oh well I will eventually figure it out....I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Can someone tell me how I can get pics into this section ...Vintage Machine shop? I see they just came up on the Main. Thanks for any help. Mary M
    Vintage Machine Shop is a virtual section. Each thread within it actually lives in one of the "real" sections, such has Main. After you post a new topic, you can add it to the virtual section. Look near the top of the page for the link to do this.
    ;) ;-)

Banned

I have an opportunity to purchase these, and wonder if I should. I want them all right, but I want to sew on them. I have alot of experience with mid-century (20th) machines, but am unsure if I could fix, identify problems or get them to work. What do you think buy or pass?

Two Antique sewing machines one an Elias HOWE of NYC model from the Mid Eighteen Hundreds and a Wheeler & Wilson from later in the Eighteen Hundreds.
    Jump on them because if you dont I will!! :lol: :lol:

Billy

JAM
    Billie, Thanks so much for your help. Hubby worked on the Kenmore 1430 using your advice. Now running like a top :D Especially liked the hair dryer tip and then oiled. Thanks again,Jeanne

I have an opportunity to purchase these,
    I would. It looks like even under the dust/dirt that there are still some decals. I guess it would depend on the price they are asking.

Would be a great new challange. Go for it! :lol:

Blog Entries

I have an opportunity to purchase these, and wonder if I should.
    If they are not priced too high, I'd buy them. What an opportunity!

Nancy