Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-10-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boopers
I have a Featherweight and just won the bid for a sister for her on ebay. HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!
Congratulations! Post a picture when you get her!

Nancy
Old 11-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Hello Everyone! I've been out of pocket for a while now. Just wanted to drop in and say hello and give you a quick update on me. I'm still doing Cardiac Rehab and I saw my Cardiologist yesterday. I was given a clean bill of health. He said they couldn't have fixed me any better. That's great news. I'm trying to get caught up on my reading and hope to get back to sewing again soon.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Hello Everyone! I've been out of pocket for a while now. Just wanted to drop in and say hello and give you a quick update on me. I'm still doing Cardiac Rehab and I saw my Cardiologist yesterday. I was given a clean bill of health. He said they couldn't have fixed me any better. That's great news. I'm trying to get caught up on my reading and hope to get back to sewing again soon.
Glad you are feeling better. :) I know everyone else will be glad to see your back fit as a fiddle :) :) Keep doing what ever you are doing to stay healthy. :thumbup:
Old 11-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
vintagemotif,
I love my 201 and 15-90! I have a New Home and a White
VS, can't get used to the noise they make, the 201 has me
spoiled with how quietly it sews. The newest love is a Singer 237, her cabinet lives in the living room.
Yes, I love the quietness of my 201. No other machine that I have sewn on sews this quietly. Last night when I got Mr. Two Spools running, I was a bit startled by the sound (been piecing with the 201), and then I chuckled. I was sewing with a "cowboy" of a machine, very rugged. When not watching the news or a movie while piecing, I will use Mr. Two Spools and listen to gallop.:)
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM

I love looking at all your lovely machines. I am developing a deeper appreciation for the older "ladies and gents"!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I love looking at all your lovely machines. I am developing a deeper appreciation for the older "ladies and gents"!
They all have their own personalitys don't they??
Old 11-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by gramquilter2
I have been following this thread from page 1 and enjoy seeing all the machines and reading the talk. So I am now going to try and post pictures of my machines.
She looks very happy to be sewing with your FW.
Oh those baby blues and dimples! She is a beauty ( and so is the FW ) LOL
Old 11-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm very happy to hear you got a clean bill of health ! Good Luck.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
It has twin needles, and a piercer in between the needles that makes a small hole. The sample that was in the drawer was neat looking, but I have yet to figure out what to sew with it. The manuel says this machine was made to produce "imitation drawn work" & ornamental stitching on shirt waists, neckties and underware.

DH picked this up from CL for $15. It looks scary to me too.
I can think of lots of ways to use it!!! To begin with, I'd have the nicest sheets and pillowcases in town. . . .
Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

DH picked this up from CL for $15. It looks scary to me too.

I can think of lots of ways to use it!!! To begin with, I'd have the nicest sheets and pillowcases in town. . . .
Wow Miz Johnny, it doesn't surprise me at all that YOU'D know how to use that weird looking machine! I still want to see all your machines someday!

Nancy