Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 900 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 400 800 850 890 899 900 901 910 950 1000 1400 1900 ... LastLast
Results 8,991 to 9,000 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Your sewing machine is a model 128. It was born November 11, 1924 In Elizabeth New Jersey. There were 10,000 made. Hope this helps. Kathie S.

How long ago did you do the coke bath on your dutch oven? Kathie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tomilu
    There is a beautiful parlor cabinet with a so so Singer in it in the Wichita, KS area. Here is the link so you can drool over the cabinet. No, I'm not going to see or buy it. They are pretty proud of it, lol.
    http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2184727371.html
    This cabinet looks just like the one I got in Aug on ebay for $135.00, but mine had a beautiful Singer Red eye. My Fair Lady now graces my living room, but someday I'm going to learn how to treadle.

Blog Entries
    Billy, congratulations on reaching page number 600!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by good_apple
    There is a beautiful parlor cabinet with a so so Singer in it in the Wichita, KS area. Here is the link so you can drool over the cabinet. No, I'm not going to see or buy it. They are pretty proud of it, lol.
    http://wichita.craigslist.org/atq/2184727371.html
    This cabinet looks just like the one I got in Aug on ebay for $135.00, but mine had a beautiful Singer Red eye. My Fair Lady now graces my living room, but someday I'm going to learn how to treadle.
    You got quite a great deal on yours. They are not going to get anywhere near $500 on this one, is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S.
    How long ago did you do the coke bath on your dutch oven? Kathie
    I think close to 4 years ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Nancy answered it when she was talking with Glenn. They use Boye 10 needle.

Glenn, about the skipping stitches I found that the thread length regulator has a lot to do with how well the machine sews. Nancy probably knows more about that than I do. Has her machine sewing good now because she made changes on her stitch regulator.

Thanks I will try adjusting the stitch regulator. Thanks you guys are great! Glenn
    Glenn, I fought with my Davis for two months, was ready to give up and give her away when I started playing the the Stitch Regulator knob. I played and stitched and played and stitched until Betty now sews like a dream! I had my mind stuck on my problem being the shuttle I have, and it was the stitch regulator all along!

Nancy
    I have started to play with the stitch regulator and it is having some positive effects with the stitches but still not even. I will keep adjusting everything until I get a good stitch. At least we are skipping every now and then instead of every other stitch. I really would like to get this machine to sew!! I did notice that the stitch length did not change much regardless where the regulator was placed. Glenn

Blog Entries
    I have started to play with the stitch regulator and it is having some positive effects with the stitches but still not even. I will keep adjusting everything until I get a good stitch. At least we are skipping every now and then instead of every other stitch. I really would like to get this machine to sew!! I did notice that the stitch length did not change much regardless where the regulator was placed. Glenn[/quote]

I guess I have this to look forward to when I get mine up and running, lol. Lots of good information!

Blog Entries
    I have started to play with the stitch regulator and it is having some positive effects with the stitches but still not even. I will keep adjusting everything until I get a good stitch. At least we are skipping every now and then instead of every other stitch. I really would like to get this machine to sew!! I did notice that the stitch length did not change much regardless where the regulator was placed. Glenn
    I guess I have this to look forward to when I get mine up and running, lol. Lots of good information![/quote]

Tommie, I really like you car tag. Maybe you will have better luck with your machine than I have with mine. Glenn

Blog Entries
    I have 2 vintage machines for which I am attempting to find all the info I can.... and hopefully use. Appreciate anyone's help:

#1) Model 29-4 -- heavy duty beaut. I know it can be used to sew leather.... can I also use for quilting?

#2) Serial # G4486669 - another beaut. Treadle.

Thank you!