Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Nice machines, crosstitcher. But where do you keep all the cabinets? I have one treadle in a cabinet and I don't think I'd have room for more.

Cross-stitcher...your machines look a lot like mine. Do you know who made yours? Mine is a Minnehaha and I posted a video on my threadName:  012.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  149.8 KBMine is cleaned up and I stitched my first stitches last night. I'm even missing the same drawer that your machine is missing.

Blog Entries
    Nanna up North, DH has a big shop and some are stored there for him to work on. I have several set up in my sewing shop and some are place all over the house. I like to switch them around so my sewing shop is set up like Monica's comand center.

quiltingweb: you machine looks like it was made by Eldridge. Our Reliance and Edgemere are both made by Eldridge.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    Cross-stitcher...your machines look a lot like mine. Do you know who made yours? Mine is a Minnehaha and I posted a video on my threadName:  012.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  149.8 KBMine is cleaned up and I stitched my first stitches last night. I'm even missing the same drawer that your machine is missing.
    What is the serial number on your machine?
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

The serial number is 452296.

Hi ladies. I have what I think is an Eldredge. It is a portable hand crank tho and it's serial number is 2265238 and there is a small 7 up above it. I'm wondering what size needle it takes? I just got it a while ago and it was a serious rebuild. I have it all released and lubed but still need to do some tinkering. The vibrating shuttle is an Eldredge-E 3. It will need a complete paint job but I am very happy how it has come along. My front inspection plate has a Fleur-de-lis or a cross on it and the bobbin winder is above the stitch regulator. It sits in a small rectangular (kinda chubby) metal base. I am grateful for any guides or threading advice. Does yours have a snaked up spring for tension control? Thanks for all help.
    A stitch in time saves nine.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cwpersson View Post
    Hi ladies. I have what I think is an Eldredge. It is a portable hand crank tho and it's serial number is 2265238 and there is a small 7 up above it. I'm wondering what size needle it takes? I just got it a while ago and it was a serious rebuild. I have it all released and lubed but still need to do some tinkering. The vibrating shuttle is an Eldredge-E 3. It will need a complete paint job but I am very happy how it has come along. My front inspection plate has a Fleur-de-lis or a cross on it and the bobbin winder is above the stitch regulator. It sits in a small rectangular (kinda chubby) metal base. I am grateful for any guides or threading advice. Does yours have a snaked up spring for tension control? Thanks for all help.
    Hello, Cwpersson! We would love to see a photo of your machine here! You can also go to the main vintage shop and post a photo and ask your questions there! This side is for photos only! We love to discuss everyones machines over in the Vintage Sewing Machine side! I have an Eldredge Two Spools and would love to see a photo of your Eldredge, but please come on over to the other side where we can all talk!Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Nancy

Oopsy Doopsy. I apologize Having trouble keeping my threads straight. Name:  $(KGrHqFHJCEE-lQT8EmTBP0+GQwvu!~~60_12.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  39.9 KBThis is the old girl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cwpersson View Post
    Oopsy Doopsy. I apologize Having trouble keeping my threads straight. Name:  $(KGrHqFHJCEE-lQT8EmTBP0+GQwvu!~~60_12.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  39.9 KBThis is the old girl.
    What does the base measure?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

The base measures 6 1/4 by 13 inches measured from the top of the base. After more searching I think it may be a New Queen - National. I really need someone to tell me what it is tho. Thanks

Page 59 of 184 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 159 ... LastLast