[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 12-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Really nice.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, the table runner is totally nifty! What a great idea!

"ignore my mess" When I see a mess, I'll make sure & ignore it. You should see my mess!

I have been assigned a "project" at work, but need to do it at home. Don't know how they plan on compensating me for it as it isn't something I would have done on my own!

A warden in the state wants a quilt made from his Crown Royal bags. Been sorting and cutting a few apart. One is a gold suede-like and another is deep purple velour - special contents, I guess. There is also a teeny tiny one - maybe for a nip? It's getting sewn onto a square of the gold suede as a whole bag, complete with drawstring. It's kinda cute.

There are 33 purple flannel bags, 9 black flannel bags & the 3 already mentioned. Don't know what the black holds, or for that matter the gold or deep purple. There are several kinds of Crown Royal, but I couldn't find any info on the net about the bag colors.

I also started cutting out the beginnings of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks. Soooooo, I have quite the mess.

The quilt will finish as a throw for his "man cave." I will probably need my own Crown Royal bag, complete with contents by the time I'm done with this. My heart just isn't in it. Thank goodness - no deadline. Oh, why am I doing this at home? I can't take the booze bags into the prison! Go figure!
That's a bit tough, Quilt - in fact I think its a bit of a cheek. He could have commissioned one of the more able inmates to make it for him, couldn't he?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Thanks ya'll..

Kathy, I've seen some RC quilts here on the board. Its amazine how beautiful they can turn out. For myself....I'd never have a collection of those bags, I'm more of a Tequila girl myself :lol:!! Good luck with it though!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Cool table runner!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Pookie!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:27 PM

Rows A-E :D

This is it for a while, as I have the Winter Jane Swap and a Holiday Christmas Party at my house this Saturday! Plus a crazy work schedule with year end coming up!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138835.jpe  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:11 PM

Weird question for Wilhelmina... what are those papers on the bottom row? Your blocks are gorgeous!!

Also about those crown royal bags... did you know that a crown royal quilt won some category in the quilt challenge a couple of years ago. I saw it at Road to California quilt show. It was absolutely awesome. I've got a picture of it in a magazine - if you want I can try to figure out a way to post??
Old 12-05-2010, 07:14 PM

How beautiful your blocks are, Meredith. Great job.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM

Lesley, My Senior Warden told me about all this. I don't ever tell him "no." (I like my job too much!) I don't really mind as the one he picked out to make is rather simple. The biggest task it cutting the bags apart and figuring out what I can get from each besides the square where the embroidered words are. He has 45 bags of different sizes.

I attached a pic of the quilt he likes. His will be different in that there are 28 logos in this one & he has 45 bags. All these bags are the same while his are purple, black & gold. I am thinking about a final border of purple and couching the gold drawstrings from the bags in a curvy design on that border.

This quilt is tied & I will quilt his.

I didn't think having booze bottle bags back in the prison was a good idea! If an inmate was to do this, he would have to foot the bill for the extra fabric and such. Most inmates don't have that much money on their accounts. I will get the supplies and save the receipts. I just wanna get paid for my time away from my own life!

There isn't a deadline on this, so I can work at my own pace this time. The last one I did for the Senior Warden/Secretary of the Department of Corrections was a really short time frame. That was the Pink Ribbon cancer quilt that I worked on while we went to Albuquerque at the beginning of November.

I gotta get off this darn internet and quilt some on JJ.

Royal Crown Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138933[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138928.jpe  
Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Awww Wil!!!! That is looking awesome, I just love love love how it is pulling together. I bet you will be itching to get back to it now, when you have so much other stuff to do. Thats exactly how I am feeling...I'm working on it, but all this other stuff keeps interrupting me...like eating, Christmas stuff....etc.. I keep telling myself that it will still be there when I get to it. YOu are doing a great job!

Kathy, your RC quilt is a beauty, I can see why he wanted you to do his quilt. Its a good thing there isn't a deadline this time of year. That would be asking a lot!