Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 June 2012 BOM pictures.

Bibliostone love your block. So sweet. I just realized we are 1/2 way through our BOM. wow did that go fast. Mary
    Mary

Both are beautiful....

all of the birdhouse blocks are so pretty, everyone of you are so talented.
    Blessed are the piece makers for their children shall inherit the quilts.

All the blocks are beautiful! I love the realism of the fabric of the bluebird block and the shading on the pears and leaves is 3 dimensional.

Blog Entries
    Very sweet block! Love birds are a lovely touch!

Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
    I've got the purple block done. My goal was to make this one look like a page from a scrapbook. Don't know if I will do the other the same, or completely different.

Purple and green block:
    Attachment 342136
    Helen T.

All of the blocks are wonderful. Each one different from the other. I printed out a pattern for PPing just have to get going and get it done.

I like this one.

Blog Entries
    Everyone's birdhouses are so beautiful! I have my colors picked out, but no time to sew the past few days. Hopefully this evening or tomorrow...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
    Let's try again....
    Hi Everyone, I am finally home & hopefully getting caught up on the Quilting Board!! I had a great time with my daughter, but was anxious to get home & back to the Quilting Board. Boy, did I sure miss a lot too!!

Judy..........Your Home Tweet Home birdhouse for June 2012 Calendar BOM couldn't have turned out any nicer. I love how you used a nine patch block for the back ground. What a great idea. Your green birdhouse is really striking on your background. What a good job & beautiful block. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Judy Nice Block Aren't Birdhouses fun I like the browns you used. Brown fabrics have always been my favorite.

So I finished working on my block today. Seeing we are at the half way point I decided I would also post a picture of all my six blocks together. Wow only six more blocks togo.. As always once I post my block I dont want to hurry life along, but Im always looking forward to the beginning of the next month to see what new block is posted and what challenges it can bring. I started to do a PP birdhouse then I decided I would stick with the Applique method. I used English Paper Piecing for the birdhouse and the stems, vines and flowers are done using a method Muv (boardname) posted a how to in the tutorial section on this Board. Thanks for looking everyone and have a wonderful evening.

Attachment 341689

Attachment 341690
    Oh my Jenniky...........your Home Tweet Home birdhouse block is wonderful. I love all of the colors you used in making it. All together your blocks look fantastic. I would even say they all "POP"!! Your quilt at the end of the year is going to be wonderful. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sulabug and Welcome Back.... Glad you had a great visit.
    Have an awesome day!

I've had quite a time pondering over how to do my June block. So here is my piece. I fancy Hummingbirds anyway. Hope you like it.

Jean

Name:  June '12 Calendar Blk.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  128.3 KB

OMG that is awesome OKsewnsew! Beautiful June block.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
    I've got the purple block done. My goal was to make this one look like a page from a scrapbook. Don't know if I will do the other the same, or completely different.

Purple and green block:
    Attachment 342136
    WOW!! Another beautiful birdhouse block for our June 2012 Calendar month series. Your page of a scrapbook idea turned out really great. The wood fabric you used for the birdhouse is perfect. I love your Love Birds in a Heart, it is just to cute for words. Great work & thank you for sharing with all of us!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    I've had quite a time pondering over how to do my June block. So here is my piece. I fancy Hummingbirds anyway. Hope you like it.

Jean

Jean..........A Hummingbird feeder, how original & beautiful!! You did good with your choice of your Home Tweet Home block idea. Hummingbirds are favorites of most everyone I know & your work is awesome. You really did put a lot of thought into this lovely creation!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries

Jean

My favorite.. this block is truly a wowser Hummingbirds always a favorite but you really have made them Pop Your stitches around the fabric are so perfect what type of machine are you using and am I seeing a satin stitch?? What method did you use to applique??
    Last edited by Jenniky; 06-21-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries

Jean

Just love your block, have 2 hummingbird feeders outside my window right here...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

The June birdhouse blocks are all turning out beautiful! I love them all!
    Lynn

Thanks for all your compliments. I love to do applique. Jenniky, I have a Janome machine, and I use the Blind Hem stitch. I just adjust the width for the area. I always use a tearaway stabilizer behind, then just sew away. Glad you like it.

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    My favorite.. this block is truly a wowser Hummingbirds always a favorite but you really have made them Pop Your stitches around the fabric are so perfect what type of machine are you using and am I seeing a satin stitch?? What method did you use to applique??

Oksewnsew: my mouth just dropped open. So absolutely stunning. You are so creative.

Blog Entries
    Jenniky........I knew you would someday see something that POP'S!! This Hummingbird block is gorgeous!!

Smack dab between Dallas and Tyler, Texas
    Creativity is overflowing with this month's blocks. Congratulations everyone !
    Enjoy the day, Chickadee_42us

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Jenniky........I knew you would someday see something that POP'S!! This Hummingbird block is gorgeous!!
    Oh yes.. and this block is magnificent. Truly as I have been studying color. Shades Tones and Getting a better understanding of primary, secondary, and so on. I even have more appreciation for the blocks and quilts I look at. It has opened a whole new world of appreciation to me. Now Im going to focus on stitching which means two things first of all lots more practice on using different stitches and adjusting size of stitch as Oksewnsew did. Also I think Im ready to buy a new machine with more bells and whistles available. Sew that in itself will be a research project to decide what to buy. So how about a lil hint regarding July's Block?
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Okay everyone, here is the first little hint for the July Block!! It will be 12 1/2 inches by 12 1/2 inches square & will concentrate on three different color's!! Can you guess what it is now?

A newspaper, black and white and read all over....lol jk
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast