Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 AM

Hope it all works out in your favour Lesley. Good Luck with that - I know what a pain that can be when the equipment breaks down, hope you are feeling better today as well.
Sending Hugs your way!!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Hope it all works out in your favour Lesley. Good Luck with that - I know what a pain that can be when the equipment breaks down, hope you are feeling better today as well.
Sending Hugs your way!!
Thanks everyone - it's just such a shame after finally getting under way on quilting my AOTH. Never mind, it will keep

Kathy, hope you are over the short scroll pieces - odd how that happened.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 PM

WOO HOO!!!! My dear friend, Barb, has finished her first block!!!! She just brought it over to show me. I told her the next step was to sign up on the QB and post a picture of it. If she doesn't, I will post it for her. :thumbup: It turned out so beautiful! She is using batiks for her blocks. I can hardly wait until you all get to see this first one!! :D :D
Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Well... I finished the first three blocks completely and now I really do have to take that quilt show break to quilt the following...

[you can see blocks #8, 9, 11 on the threads]
Beautiful quilts! I need to have the pattern of your first! The one with the house. What is the name of it? Love it!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 PM

I'm working on block 17 and I do not enjoy it. I'm just finished the smaller of the outer scrolls or leaves. My pieces were a little bigger and I did not have that much trouble with the points. I pinned the pieces in place with both points lined up on the background fabric. Somehow, the outer edges on two of them had gotten off by at least 1/2 inch and had to be redone. A real pain. And I have to cut other fabric for the bigger leaf. What I had doesn't look right. I need a lighter color to show up on my purple, not a dark rust. Other than this, I am good to go.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
Well... I finished the first three blocks completely and now I really do have to take that quilt show break to quilt the following...

[you can see blocks #8, 9, 11 on the threads]
Beautiful quilts! I need to have the pattern of your first! The one with the house. What is the name of it? Love it!
Arlene Stamper [Quilt Company] - her Heart and Home quilt...
here's the site & other quilts by her

http://www.quiltcompany.com/

she frequently encourages trading blocks - there were 12 in the class - we broke into 3 groups of 4 and before the class we each made four of one block and then exchanged them :)
Old 07-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Don't have a clue what I did, but I traced new ones last night & got them pressed & cut out. The block is now finished except for the embroidery. I took it to work today as I didn't have much to do, so I work on my own stuff once in a while. This is NOT one of my favorites! EVERY piece in this block has a tapered pointy end except for a couple that are joiners. Ahhhhhh...............

Block #7 is nearly half finished - started that tonight. Easy-peasy block after #6.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Don't have a clue what I did, but I traced new ones last night & got them pressed & cut out. The block is now finished except for the embroidery. I took it to work today as I didn't have much to do, so I work on my own stuff once in a while. This is NOT one of my favorites! EVERY piece in this block has a tapered pointy end except for a couple that are joiners. Ahhhhhh...............
It's always nice to have an easier one when you have been struggling with one of the tougher ones. They will all look good once you have them together.
Block #7 is nearly half finished - started that tonight. Easy-peasy block after #6.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Oh Kathy...now I'm looking soooo forward to doing that block #6....:wink: :lol:!!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 AM

My son and family have left for Virginia. My GD is on the Dixie Belles state championship softball team and the World Championship is this weekend. There are 11 states (I think)competing and all are in the South. Their first opponent is Alabama. Go Texas Belles!