Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-26-2011, 04:10 PM

Oh, and I just got my denim-looking fabric in the mail today. It's not as dark as the picture showed, and is actually prettier that I thought.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:37 PM

My book won't be here for about another week. I'm waiting to see it before I decide on what I want for my background. I keep switching back and forth between a dark one or a light one. Decisions, decisions.....
Old 02-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Now you know Kathy...the "JTG group" is only here to help :wink: ...(not to mention being a little obsessed).
You know how jealous I am. To make matters worse, today I found out that the Log Cabin workshop I was going to present on March 19 has been changed to March 12!!! Aghhhhhhhhhh!!
I'm still piecing the blocks & I spent the entire day over in Texas doing another Mariner's Compass workshop. These ladies had a great time, too, but I didn't get a pic of all of them with their quilts. Most did get their compasses into their setting squares, though. We had a potluck lunch & it was yummy! I just fired off the fabric & supplies list to the newsletter lady so it can get in the newsletter this week.

I am going to get to do something with AOTH - some day - aren't I?

Senior Warden has asked me to make another quilt. I told him I would, but I had a lot on my plate right now, so I wouldn't get it done very soon. Fair warning, I say! After I et these blocks finished, then I need to sew them together. Once the top is finished & the pattern is drawn out, I can do something on AOTH. I want to get a short tute on the method I use for applique as it's a bit different than the others.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:38 PM

WooHoo! I was able to borrow someone else's book until I get mine! So I can start looking at all the blocks in earnest, and see what I REALLY want to use, block size and all. I am sew excited! Welcome DeeCee, Lara and mom, and all the others who are going to do this beautiful quilt together. This is wonderful to have all the help and encouragement. You guys are terrific!
(And I will get my DJ done, honest!)
Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I feel so far behind. I have my book and fabric but I haven't washed any of my fabrics or tried to hand applique. I am still involved on another project and I can only spare the time for 1 project and then move on to the next. I hate to leave things unfinished and rarely do. I hope this quilt starts to go smoother so I can finish it.
Don't fret - this doesn't start until June 5. :-) You will have plenty of time to finish your other project. And besides, we won't hang you from the nearest tree if you aren't on the same block as the schedule has - we just want everyone to have fun & enjoy the process.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

Welcome more AOTH'ers! It so exciting to get a fun group together to work on a project together!

Ducky, so it IS going to be the blue??? It sounds so pretty. Is there any way you can show us a pic of it laying with any of your other colors??

I did wash all my fabs today except for the background. I don't want to wash it in 1 piece (I think I have like 8 yrds)..and want to cut it. I'm afraid to do that since I haven't decided on my block size yet. I scanned one of the blocks today to try to put it on EQ so I can play with sizes and colors. I don't know if it will work or not yet though. I have to load EQ7 on lappy (its on my old puter and I'm too lazy to walk into the kitchen and use it). I'll try to get further on that projec tonight. Has anyone else done that???
Old 02-26-2011, 06:01 PM

I've accumulated a large container of different batiks, so I'm guessing most of them will be a part of the AOTH. The newer ones I bought are these. I haven't washed them, but I probably will tomorrow. I bought some Retayne.

The denim background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134106[/ATTACH]

A few of the brights with the background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134107[/ATTACH]

Some of the softer ones with the background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134108[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134101.jpe   attachment-134102.jpe   attachment-134103.jpe  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
I've accumulated a large container of different batiks, so I'm guessing most of them will be a part of the AOTH. The newer ones I bought are these. I haven't washed them, but I probably will tomorrow. I bought some Retayne.
those are beautiful batiks...i am bit batik-obsessed; i have so many but haven't got the heart to use many....always think "if i wait just a bit longer i will find a better project to use them in...." <heavy sigh> i know; it's an addiction :cry: so many fabrics so hard to take a rotary cutter and slice them... :D
Old 02-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Oooooo Ducks - it's gonna be gorgeous! I think I'm loving the denim for the background. Should show off the batiks very nicely.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM

Debbie, I know what you mean. I have a couple of batiks that are safely tucked into the corner of the container. I'm sure I'll use them eventually, but I hate to cut them.