Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery Discussion Page(s) >

Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery Discussion Page(s)

Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery Discussion Page(s)

Old 04-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh dear....Jeannie...wondering about this group has got to be a massive job! We tend to wander in our conversations...we talk to several people at once in a single post, we tend to carry conversations from 1 thread to another...so its crazy!! It IS fun though...hope you jump in a join us!!! You'd be more than welcome, just like everyone else!

I do hope the fires are under control now or out. I heard last night some at 50% contained..is that right?
well, I gotta go slobber over some more block pics, but I HAVE to stop and say it again...Patti, I LOVE THAT CAT! even if I am a meece...mouse...he looks so sweet and thinking of his sweetie. Did you draw him or find him. Either way, you did a fantastic job on him. He's a real keeper.
Should be in the funny papers! :lol:
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Mousie...I can't take credit for the drawing of this one....I found him on Bing...he is awfully cute though isn't he??? Thanks!

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
Ok! :D :D :D you convinced me!
I have been keeping an eye out for the right color for the background.
are yall using black? or dark at least?

Deranged...so happy you are gonna join us! Everyone isn't using black...so far we have Purple, Denim, Black, Brown, Olive Green, Beige and I think I saw where somebody is going to use Orange....so quite the mix! Won't it be fun to see them all???
Old 04-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Don't forget unbleached muslin by Obsessed. Sew Extreme - light cream & Wilhelmina said she wanted to use cream. Happymrs also indicated cream, & gal88 - dark teal. Whew! That really strained my brain!!! Only kidding - I'm keeping a list. :shock: Can't believe how organized I have become hanging around with all these inmates who are excessively OCD! It must be wearing off on me. That or I already was OCD, but now I'm more aware of it.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Don't forget unbleached muslin by Obsessed. Sew Extreme - light cream & Wilhelmina said she wanted to use cream. Happymrs also indicated cream, & gal88 - dark teal. Whew! That really strained my brain!!! Only kidding - I'm keeping a list. :shock: Can't believe how organized I have become hanging around with all these inmates who are excessively OCD! It must be wearing off on me. That or I already was OCD, but now I'm more aware of it.
lol, on this board, I think we all find out our 'true' personality traits. Quilting seems to get right down in our bones and all kinds of things surface. We must accept them...it's who/how we really are ;-)
I am happily quite neurotic about some aspects of quilting...not the same as a perfectionist, but probably just as busy/crazy lol!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

Oh....so sorry about missing some of the colors...but hey...I WAS doing it from my head..not a list. Impressive ain't I???? LOL!! Anyway, I'm going to claim that unbleached muslin is beige..so is cream...so that means I only forgot the dark teal....which will be yummy BTW!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM

I do wonder... how much I would regret PINK! lol!!! just a thought ;)
we will see what fabric shopping brings.

All of the pictures I have seen thus far from all of yall are AMAZING!!! it is a wonderfully artistic pattern, pleanty of room to spread the wings :D

so how far is everyone? is there a rhyme or reason? or are we just having fun?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:29 PM

I'm impressed at your memory. Mine never did pay attention in school, & now it has flat out abandoned me! How I ever got a 4.0 GPA in school (2nd & 3rd colleges) is beyond me, especially since it was trig & calc!!! Some day I just might make a final stab at getting that elusive degree! I think I may grow up some day & I want to be prepared. So far, DH has collected all the degrees (3 of 'em!)
Old 04-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Pink Deranged?????? Well...that might just be fabulous!! Can't wait to see how your shopping trip ends!!

Congrats to your DH on those degrees...I got my 1 and ran!! As for growing up...nope...nope...not a good idea..LOL!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:01 PM

Hey, I said that I might grow up some day! This isn't a done deal. I'm really having way too much fun to become a responsible adult-type person.

I like the idea of a pink background - could be really interesting depending on the colors & values of the appliques!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM

A pink background? HOW COOL IS THAT!?! Wow. I've only done two blocks of my Baby Love quilt with the white background (I changed from unbleached muslin with earthtones to white with pinks and purples)... can I change a third time????

Since my quilt is for a 3 year old (well, she'll be 4 by the time she gets this) I would have no regrets about pink!

Ok, I'll probably stick with white - but pink is such a cool idea! I wish I'd thought of it!