Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion >

BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion

BLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & Discussion

Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 AM

Hi and Thanks everyone! Now I understand. I did not know what we did with the blocks after we made them. No exchange or anything. Awesome, just plain ol' fun! And Tim I understand now why a man can do it. :wink: Okay, I am going to sign up, and gosh than I will know when my turn will come to pick a block :D . Seems like we will be doing this for years. What fun.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 AM

How do I sign up? I went to BOM rules and list and it is locked. Help again.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:33 AM

:oops:

I went to add something to my post and ended up erasing the whole thing! LOL

Misty ...hope you heal up soon! Take care
Old 04-04-2007, 08:37 AM

Donna Rae - To join the list, send a PM to Boo & she will add you!

:D

sue
Old 04-05-2007, 07:36 AM

the blocks are great I wa able to get the one from mcalls The one left as file on the web page i am unable to open are the different than the one I got?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

the extra files i posted are Adobe Acrobat files. to open them, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you don't have it, go here

http://www.adobe.com

download and install Adobe Reader. it's completely free. you'll need it if you start collecting patterns from web sites.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM

OH MISTY! Bummer! :cry: SO SORRY! Don't rush. Take your time healing. I am recovering from a sprained ankle. Still hurts and it's been at least two mos. I hear 6 to 10 wks. for a sprain. If you stay off it. I didn't of course, not totally. I don't know about a break, esp. Hands. The bones are so delicate. Best do What the Doctor orders Misty. I have a niece named Misty by the way. I'm getting ready to make a quilt for her forth child coming in, I think it's early July. It's a boy
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 AM

Sorry to hear about you hand mend fast we miss you here. Look at it this way you may not be able to quilt, but now you can spend more time shopping for fabric and thinking of new projects to do when your hand is mended.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 AM

Patrice I followed your directions of course! Only an idiot would try to follow directions like the Mccalls when there is a much clearer, comprehensive and LARGER version available. Don't you think? I will be doing a version of Frolic this week. I like the one that looks like stained glass. Is that actually fabric or is it glass. Kinda looks like watercolor.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

well, what a nice compliment! thank you.

if you mean the frolic block i posted, that is the actual block. you could see clearly that it was fabric until i compressed the file so it wouldn't take forever to come up for people on dial-up connections. it will eventuall have corner triangles to square it off (now isn't that an interesting sentence). just haven't made up my mind about the colors for those.

psssssssssssst ... i'm flattered by the compliment to my extra files, but ... ummmm ... the web site instructions may have been preferred by some or many. they may think only an idiot would use mine. let's don't ask for a show of hands, ok? LOL
:mrgreen: