Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 12-24-2013, 06:22 PM

That center is so great with the brown and the touch of blue would really be pulled out with your blue FQs.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:32 AM

It will be a beautiful day. We have snow but hopefully it wont snow. I think the snow glistening under the winter sun is so beautiful. From inside the warm house that is Merry Christmas to everyone and please I agree, drive safe if you have to get on the roads at all. The news is full of stories that are not happy ones due to people driving faster than they should have on icy roads. Yikes.

I spent yesterday working on a round robin, got the round half finished. I love watching it all come together.. at first it doesn't make much sense and I even had to go recheck the pattern to make sure I was doing it right.. as a single block it didn't stand out much but together it forms a pattern which makes it all worth while. phew! I will sew today for the heck of it no clinic!!! so another just me day. how lucky is that? I wish all of you a great day today.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:54 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! I have decided on my block, I figure it will be 24" square. I will post when I decide on the fabric and make the block. I found the idea from Keepsake Quilting. I love all of the ideas and fabric everyone is choosing. This is going to be fun!!! Yea!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:49 AM

I have got my 2 blocks ready.the japanese one is 24 1/2 " square and the cross stitch kookaburra one is 12 i/2

SQUARE I'm going scrappy with it too. Do you reckon they'll be OK?[ATTACH=CONFIG]453248[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]453247[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4385.jpg   img_4375.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 04:57 AM

your going to make two quilts? wow your ambitious! love the little kookaburra. I am always amazed by the fine handwork that people do here on the board. We will love having you. Its another cold morning in Wyoming but I believe the sky is clear today. Its always still dark when I leave here so I cant say for sure.

I wonder if many of you are using ufo blocks that you have for this or are you going to make a new center? I went through my ufo's but they tend to have a pile of similar blocks in there also so that is no good. I rarely make one block of one type, when I make them I make a PILE of them. and boy are those piles stacking up. this year.. will be a good year for me. This quilt will use up a whole lot of my scraps yahoo! and I am making time to put those other quilts together too.. the what I call boring part. sashing and such. I bet I will have 8 quilts done this year. a double yahoooo! now to start slaving over them lol. I have clinic this morning so no slaving quiet yet. phew saved by the won't be here factor. have a grand morning group and well we are getting so close to GO this is going to be fun. With so many players we will have one big happy display here and the rest of the board will be envious with our unique and beautiful quilts.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:23 AM

M-Fay: Both blocks are stupendous. Can hardly wait to see your quilts evolve. The Japanese one has so many colors and textures in it, the possibilities are almost unlimited. The the cute, cute bird; love Christmas quilts! The closer it gets the more excited I am. Have all of my applique pieces cut and now am in the process of turning them. Since the center is going to take a little longer I will probably make the borders as they happen and attach them when I finish the applique. 133 applique pieces, oh my.....
Elisabrat: I know its cold in Wyoming but with a clear sky, the stars must be beautiful! Your enthusiasm and energy comes through in every post, love this thread!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:33 AM

m-fay: fabulous centres. My only worry about the cross stitch is that your kookaburra might get lost among the borders as some of them are supposed to be quite wide. I'm hoping you can surprise us with some great Australian-themed fabric.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:50 AM

M-fay had to google your area to see where it is in relationship to Melbourne. I will be there in January for 2 1/2 weeks visiting my three grandkids.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
It's your quilt Emma you could use the larger center is you want a bigger quilt, just make the size divisible by 3 1/2" so your borders will be easier.
Hopefully I read this right.... I have trimmed my center block to 17½" which is divisible by 3 ½" right? This is a very old block, it's been stuck up in the cupboard with a few "friends" for years... can't even remember when I made it...so hopefully it will be fun to work with![ATTACH=CONFIG]453326[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails minnekhada-jean-dec-26-2013022_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 04:38 PM

Emma S I'll look fwd to seeing your appliqued block..sounds like a lot of work in there. Works4me... I 've got a mixture of Aussie prints & Christmas ones for it. urgodschild2 travel safe and have a wonderful time in Melbourne with your family. Have you been there before? Kalgoorlie is Gold country. In West Aust...a long way from Melbourne. I'm here for another 4 weeks on holiday (complete with sewing machine)