Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 12-22-2013, 01:52 PM

This panel is so cute! Can see a wonderful quilt.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:07 AM

This will be so cute!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 AM

I believe I am going to join in this. I have always wanted to do a Round Robin Quilt, but was too afraid to try one. (afraid of me ruining someone else's quilt) I was looking at BOMs this year, but need to finish UFOs, use up some stash. This seems safe since I would do my own quilt, stash fabric used and others would be helping to decide the rows. I am driving for a couple days this week, will give me a chance to decide colors, center. I have done a medallion style, if I can find a picture will post.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:00 AM

That is a great cat! love the nose! I think a cat quilt would be oh so cute being a major cat lover

Urgodschild your avatar is gorgeous. A round robin style quilt did you make this one? its so pretty and anyone here if you didn't catch it please scroll back and find her pictures. Its oh so beautiful.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

W4Me ..............Purrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:48 AM

giquilt, I always felt the same way about round robins. Not confident enough about my color choices to work on someone else's quilt. But this will be fun.

I have a whole bunch of blue FQs and brown FQs so I think I will use those and do like Elizabrat suggested and use a lot of a cream color to pull them together. I THINK I like blue and brown together. The bird is just an idea for a center. Don't hold me to any of this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452973[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails reduced.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Thanks ladies...I keep going back to the Irises and Lions block too! I just have to decide on a border for the top and bottom that would look right since I really want a rectangle quilt. Any suggestions??

Elisabrat--I think you're right a couple more lighter colors might be a good idea. I will stop at the LQS next week and see what I can find.
You can always add a border to the top and bottom before the final round to make it rectangle. I have a pattern for a BOM that does just that.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
That is a great cat! love the nose! I think a cat quilt would be oh so cute being a major cat lover

Urgodschild your avatar is gorgeous. A round robin style quilt did you make this one? its so pretty and anyone here if you didn't catch it please scroll back and find her pictures. Its oh so beautiful.
Yes Elisabrat, my avatar is a medallion quilt. The pattern is from Lyn Brown.com Her pattern for the Medallion quilt. It could still be free if anyone wants it. I had to tweek mine a little because I made my center different then the pattern. But all the rounds are the same. Also, I didn't make the complete large quilt so there are more borders that I didn't add on. I made this for my niece who was battling breast cancer 1 1/2 years ago. She is cleared now and doing fine. So she can enjoy her quilt.

I posted a message #125 that belongs on a different board and not here so if anyone is confused by it....Sorry. One of those senior moments.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:51 AM

Emma S that is a beautiful piece to applique and would make a wow to start your quilt off. Sounds like I have just got to do this one also so I am on board for the medallion as well. Not sure what I will use but scrappy sounds good to me.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:54 AM

worksforme I love your cat he is so cute in all his kitty wonder and that tie is so perfect! Great start for your quilt.