Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:43 AM

There are some wonderful ideas and pictures flying around here, this is gonna be fun!!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Whitepine you can use scraps and FQ's if you want for a scrappy quilt. If you are strictly going for a 2 or 3 or even 4 color quilt you will use anywhere from 4 or more width of fabric strips of at least 2 colors per round and maybe more as your quilt grows bigger. It really depends on the pattern per round, so I am kind of guessing.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:15 AM

I would like to join this group. I really like the pictures shown and I have a couple of ideas for a center. I really like medallion quilts.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:11 AM

whitepine I am using only fabric from my stash. In the last few round robins I am in somewhere around the fourth round I ended up needing at least half a yard of each color if it was a two color round if its a three color round 1/3 a yard was enough of each and so on. I am going to go as scrappy as I can using white as one of the choices so that no matter how scrappy it all pulls together in the end. say a white and two tones of green scraps and so on. This is stretching it for me as well unless its controlled scrappy I get mighty nervous. Always LOVE scrappy quilts when I see them but haven't been able to pull one off as of yet .. another learning curve for me I think with some simple blocks you can end up with a pretty complicated looking quilt.. these really catch the eye. Only little over a week away from starting so go play with your fabric and see what you might want to work with. Post your pics! I will take a pic of my stash so you can see the whole range of less than f4's I have to work with. yippee!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:48 AM

I am thinking of using only my stash too except for the background which I will have to get. I am also thinking of making each star out of flower material as I seem to have a ton of it. It will be a flowery star quilt. LOL.
I am so excited today as I am going to a quilt guild friend's birthday party. It is exciting because she turns 100 years old and she still quilts. A sweet lovely little old lady. It is going to be a big affair as it is at our Community Center in town and her daughter is the mayor. (she also quilts)
Old 12-22-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter 65 View Post
I would like to join this group. I really like the pictures shown and I have a couple of ideas for a center. I really like medallion quilts.
Jump on in with both feet, this is going to be fun!!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:13 AM

Finished page 10 of my 36 page, 3 year cross stitch project early this month so started on my medallion centre this morning. 12 1/2" x 24 1/2 " so should work out well. It's the tall cat from Ties and Tails by Judydidit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452873[/ATTACH]
I have quite a few of the Laurel Birch fabrics in my kitty stash so can incorporated some into each border. That's the plan, anyway, but we all know how plans go. It should be a fun, colourful quilt.
Attached Thumbnails centre.jpg  
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 AM

Works: Love your center. What could be more perfect than Laurel Birch fabrics for a cat themed quilt?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:19 AM

works4me, that is one cool cat!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:48 PM

Love this blue and green. Would love to see a whole quilt!