Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM

These are looking fabulous!!
Here's mine squared up & ready to go to round 2. I didn't realize how hard it would be to match the pinky peach in the center that I wanted to bring out in this round.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:53 AM

Mimi, I know what you mean about matching the pinky peach. Try finding a zipper to go with it! Which I finally did after a couple of months of searching many, many stores.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
This is my 24 1/2"centre block with its 1st border. I tried to do jaba's 1st border, but it beat me, so I did the other one[ATTACH=CONFIG]454872[/ATTACH]
Fay great progress I will be watching for more.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 AM

boy this thread is busy. I'm digging out the lap top, tho, so I can just stay in the basement. read some here, then sew.
I spent this morning worrying about my FWQ. but I made up my mind, just two minutes ago to set it together traditionally with the brown strips. just did not want to do it that way, since I did my 2 janes like that. those little 1.5" strips with tiny little squares at each intersection is a real pain.

yes, I know make them, with wide strips, then cut them down to the 1.5 strips with the intersections already sewn in. but we are snowed in, and I wanted to start setting. will just have to wait, and buy brown, in a couple days.
so, since that has to wait till the roads are passable, I will sew on OURS.
yes, I found the posts this morning. thx ladies . but still please help me keep track of the numbers in the future. thx.
elis-#55-center, #233, 236
jaba-238, 240

Last edited by sewNso; 01-06-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
Brat, I know how you can use up those scraps.. you pack them all up into a very large box and mail them to MEE!
Yah, I'll take the other half. rofl!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
Here's mine squared up & ready to go to round 2. I didn't realize how hard it would be to match the pinky peach in the center that I wanted to bring out in this round.
That pinky-peach works! I like that border, I've been going back and forth on which one to use for my second block.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
boy this thread is busy. I'm digging out the lap top, tho, so I can just stay in the basement. read some here, then sew.
I spent this morning worrying about my FWQ. but I made up my mind, just two minutes ago to set it together traditionally with the brown strips. just did not want to do it that way, since I did my 2 janes like that. those little 1.5" strips with tiny little squares at each intersection is a real pain.

yes, I know make them, with wide strips, then cut them down to the 1.5 strips with the intersections already sewn in. but we are snowed in, and I wanted to start setting. will just have to wait, and buy brown, in a couple days.
so, since that has to wait till the roads are passable, I will sew on OURS.
yes, I found the posts this morning. thx ladies . but still please help me keep track of the numbers in the future. thx.
elis-#55-center, #233, 236
jaba-238, 240
SewnSo, I have trouble also. I did copy those numbers in a wordpad so I would have them. I don't know what kind of browser that you use, I use Firefox. What I did was drag that page where the borders are being shown (which is #24 for me) to my tab bar just below the web address. That way I can just click on that link and bring it up again to view the borders. When they do the one in Feb, I'll just swap it out and have the recent link there. This may help!!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Mimi, that looks great, I love your border color, orange? That's what it looks like to me. I'm into orange these days myself. Stepping outside my color comfort zone.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:55 PM

Mimi,
Looks good! Just wondering if you meant to do two corners with the pink pointing to the center and two on the diagonal? Symmetry ocd kicking in, I guess :>)

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM

okay, got my 24" center done. black and white. and I looked at the first round. I like jaba's hour glass, and of course I don't have the ruler. thought I had a tri angle ruler, but can't lay my hands on it. may clean a little more, and see if I can find it.
was wondering how to make the hour glss without the ruler. jaba, you said to cut 5.25 in sqs ad ct them diagonally in half diagonal from all four corners. sorry, I don't see what to do next. to come up with 4.5 in hour glass finished block. did I miss where your explained what to do with those 1/4's of that 5 1/4 in sq?

love all your blocks. whitepine, that Is stunning.

SORRY, I FIGURED IT OUT. THAT WAS THE PATTERN FOR THE TRIANGLE. YOU LAY IT ON TOP OF YOUR TWO SEWN TOGETHE STRIPS. THX.

Last edited by sewNso; 01-06-2014 at 03:16 PM.