Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 &  2 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 & 2

The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Hmmmm I see we have 9 topics and only going 1 full week, could we possible have another thread, for the overachievers? I don't think I am the only one working ahead, and would love to hear some comments from them that you "slackers" don't care about yet. Acutually I am on block 24 and have made 2 of each, (sigh--I don't have a life) but the one in my quilting room sure is good!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:30 PM

Patrice,
Thank you for your comments I hope that clears some of the confusion.
Kathleen, I do realize there seems to be a lot of pages here but if you will look they will say Week 1, Blocks 1&2, Week 2 Blocks 3&4 etc., same for the discussion pages, Week 1, blocks 1&2 etc. The reason for this is because if we don't separate them each week then down the road you would have to sort through 100's of pages to find 1 block pattern or 1 specific comment, so this may seem confusing at the moment but when you consider this project will probably be on going for a year or more it really is less so in the long term.

Also I was looking at the activity page that Norbana has created, we now have 50 participants whom have p.m'd their name, state to her to add so we can have an idea who is working along with us. I know there are many more, but again this information is totally volunteer its just fun to be able to glance and see howmany are here. If you have made your choices you might also want to add what fabrics you are using for your quilt.
Wow Q-Bird, you truly are ahead of the game here. I briefly discussed with Norbana about having participants post when they met certain milestones like 10, 25, 50 etc. and we're trying to think of a way we can like add a gold star to their screen name or signature line or something. I'm not sure yet but obviously you've blown the first one out of the water and pretty darn near the 25 mark. Way to go....
perhaps you could post a group picture for us to see even tho most of us are not so motivated....

The poll/vote page will be up sometime over the weekend for
Name the FAQ column.
Muriel
Old 08-12-2010, 02:37 PM

I want a gold star too! :) I'm addicted. Although I'm only doing one of each, I am now doing block #49. I love this quilt!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
I want a gold star too! :) I'm addicted. Although I'm only doing one of each, I am now doing block #49. I love this quilt!
well evie then we are even lolo with 2 of each I got 48 and working on 49 as we speak!!!!!you will be the one I can come to with questions. seeing as you are ahead of me.what fun, there is no way I can quit with2 in a week, unless I start another quilt and that is my hang up I like to start one and finish it,
Old 08-12-2010, 02:55 PM

Ok, Evie and Q-Bird you both are now official members of the over-achievers club... 48 blocks, do you tow ever sleep or when did you start, certainly before last week. Yeppers,
I will ask Norbana to see what we might be able to do to recognize those milestones, or if PATRICE is near by maybe she can p.m. me with an idea. Thank you

the other thing I would suggest for you 2 is to check the yahoo FWS list they have been at it for almost a year now so they have lots of good advice and hints there. They have been choosing blocks randomly rather than numerically so there is also likely to be ones you are coming up on soon that they've already done and may be able to offer hints on if you need.
I would really and truly love to see group pictures of what you've already completed. you can post them either to Week 2 or to the main discussion board that is almost 100 pages long now.
thank you,
Muriel
Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Ok, Evie and Q-Bird you both are now official members of the over-achievers club... 48 blocks, do you tow ever sleep or when did you start, certainly before last week. Yeppers,
I will ask Norbana to see what we might be able to do to recognize those milestones, or if PATRICE is near by maybe she can p.m. me with an idea. Thank you

the other thing I would suggest for you 2 is to check the yahoo FWS list they have been at it for almost a year now so they have lots of good advice and hints there. They have been choosing blocks randomly rather than numerically so there is also likely to be ones you are coming up on soon that they've already done and may be able to offer hints on if you need.
I would really and truly love to see group pictures of what you've already completed. you can post them either to Week 2 or to the main discussion board that is almost 100 pages long now.
thank you,
Muriel
Evie and I just got blown out of the water, got a PM from one of our gals who is working on block 84--as of now she is Queen Bee----when I get one of the kids to come over and show me how to scan and send will send some pictures, but can't figure out that old printer and scanning seems like such a nice way, and would send my 2 a week- I am putting my blocks in plastic sleeves in a binder to keep them flat , using Kansas troubles and that type of fabric, will sash it in brown. (got to get back to work or I won't get 49 done before supper!!

:lol: :lol:
Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM

Block 84!!! OMG, she must be doing them in her sleep too.
OMY I'm exhausted just thinking about you overacheivers you've drained every little bit of energy I had left, I must go take a nap...lat.rrr

Muriel
Old 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Qbird
Evie and I just got blown out of the water, got a PM from one of our gals who is working on block 84--as of now she is Queen Bee----!

:lol: :lol:
That over achiever doesn't happen to be "quiltbugs" is it? Way back in July she already had 35 (?) blocks completed! I love that we love this. I'll be away from my addiction for the next three weeks -- hope the withdrawal isn't too bad!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Well I see I'm happily in the middle here then. I just finished block #24. I have re-done, unpicked, wanted to swear (just a iddy mild bit), but mostly have just been having a great time! Hoorah for this addiction!!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:30 PM

you guessed it right evie----