Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 &  2 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 & 2

The Farmer's Wife Quilt -Along, Discussion Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 08-05-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Wow, Abby, this looks great, thank you so much....
Patrice, Chairman slacker, if you can find the energy check your messages. lol
I need to go recline in my throne now.
Muriel
Queen Slacker

Your Magesty,

As one of your humble slacker servants, may I request your personal viewing of my blocks 1 and 2. I did it!! I didn't even need a bag or anything. I'm hoping you have your computer on your lap while seated on your throne. :-) I do appologize for completing the blocks on time. I won't let it happen again.

Bowing, bowing, exiting
Kooklabell
Old 08-05-2010, 03:41 PM

Ok, I have yet another question. Is there a "best way" to mark the 1/4 inch on the fabric? I read someone elses post which mentioned using a pencil. Ok, did that. Is there a perfect ruler or marker for this? I've never hand pieced this way.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Ok, I have yet another question. Is there a "best way" to mark the 1/4 inch on the fabric? I read someone elses post which mentioned using a pencil. Ok, did that. Is there a perfect ruler or marker for this? I've never hand pieced this way.
If you go up a few post I posted a link to a template tutorial it will show you how I cut out for hand piecing.
I like using a graphite pencil in 2B but I have heard anything really works from Pen's to colored pencils
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
If you go up a few post I posted a link to a template tutorial it will show you how I cut out for hand piecing.
I like using a graphite pencil in 2B but I have heard anything really works from Pen's to colored pencils
Thank you. I didn't see that one.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 PM

I'm lazier than most when it comes to making templates. I attach the printed templates with a small pieces of double-stick tape under the plastic then rotary cut them (with a used blade). I'm machine piecing so I don't mark the 1/4-inch seam line. This has been working well for me.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 PM

Damsel- handpiecing needles....

I like to use #10 straw/milliners needles.. they are nice and long and rigid and easier to hold onto than shorter ones. #11 is too bendy, #9 is a fraction longer and easier to hold if you have days when holding needles seems hard.... sheeps
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Your Magesty,

As one of your humble slacker servants, may I request your personal viewing of my blocks 1 and 2. I did it!! I didn't even need a bag or anything. I'm hoping you have your computer on your lap while seated on your throne. :-) I do appologize for completing the blocks on time. I won't let it happen again.

Bowing, bowing, exiting
Kooklabell
you are officially forgiven. :XD:
Old 08-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Honchey
I don't know guys-- I'm workin my fingers to the bone literally doing all this figuring, typing and PMing and your just sitting on your duffs doing nothing. It's not fair :hunf: :-(
ok. fair and fun are both good things. you are hereby appointed as Chairperson/Queen of the Boney Finger subcommittee (SC). feel free to pick the title you like best and to rename the subcommittee if you want. ;-)

let's see ... who else do we need? now taking volunteers. first to volunteer gets a Chair. (one chair per volunteer. ;-) )

Slackers - already claimed and - apparently - already a struggle for the throne. i see some thumbwrasslin' in my future. oh, darn! that would require effort. ok. shared it is and shall remain. :lol:

Boney Fingers - already claimed. Leader's Title and SC Name subject to change

Barely Keepin' Up - open
Right on Track - open
Slightly Ahead - open
DieHard OverAchievers - open
Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
I don't know guys-- I'm workin my fingers to the bone literally doing all this figuring, typing and PMing and your just sitting on your duffs doing nothing. It's not fair :hunf: :-(
ok. fair and fun are both good things. you are hereby appointed as Chairperson/Queen of the Boney Finger subcommittee (SC). feel free to pick the title you like best and to rename the subcommittee if you want. ;-)

let's see ... who else do we need? now taking volunteers. first to volunteer gets a Chair. (one chair per volunteer. ;-) )

Slackers - already claimed and - apparently - already a struggle for the throne. i see some thumbwrasslin' in my future. oh, darn! that would require effort. ok. shared it is and shall remain. :lol:

Barely Keepin' Up - open
Right on Track - open
Slightly Ahead - open
Ok how about "Dead in the Water" for a title. I haven't even been able to get a copy of the book yet. Problems with the site I ordered the book from. Claims to have mailed it but could not give a shipping tracking number so I don't think it was even mailed. reordered just yesterday so I have my fingers and toes crossed that I will get the book today. lisa
Old 08-06-2010, 06:01 AM

I would like to be Lady Truly Slacked. anyone can put off starting, that's a whole other talk show. Where I really shine is starting off strong (I've got my 2 done for this week), but as time goes on I "slack" off. This I feel is the mark of a true slacker of the blood royal and not some washed down, want-to-be-wished-I-was-a-slacker. There is, of course, room for as many Ladies/Knights in this group that can truly be slacked. Doesn't that sound naughty LOL.
Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Barely Keepin' Up - open
Right on Track - open
Slightly Ahead - open