Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Sampler - Discussion Page for Week 2, Blocks 3 and 4 >

The Farmer's Wife Sampler - Discussion Page for Week 2, Blocks 3 and 4

The Farmer's Wife Sampler - Discussion Page for Week 2, Blocks 3 and 4

Old 08-13-2010, 12:47 PM

FUI and future use if you scan to the top of the page you will see where it says, home, chat ets. there is one that says user list, click there, then type in the persons board name that you want to contact, it will take you their profile and you can p.m. them from there. Another way is if click on the persons name above their avatar it will also take you to their profile.

You can find a free pattern online just type in "KoolKatz" and there is a free pfd download.
Muriel
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Wow, no wonder my basket block didn't turn out last night when I made it....lol, I thought it was because I was trying to work on it while watching the finals for "So You Think You Can Dance"....
I have to make it completely over as my bottom half of my basket was at least 1/4 inch over on each side which meant I totally lost the points ofcourse when trimming it down.
I will try again.
Muriel
I must have done the same. Thought I had switched them out. It's an easy redo though. After making dozens of them a while back, I just completely space out at the thought of a basket. Good times.

Does anyone else glue their applique edges? My grandmother would not approve but it makes my life easier. :0D
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Wow, no wonder my basket block didn't turn out last night when I made it....lol, I thought it was because I was trying to work on it while watching the finals for "So You Think You Can Dance"....
I have to make it completely over as my bottom half of my basket was at least 1/4 inch over on each side which meant I totally lost the points ofcourse when trimming it down.
I will try again.
Muriel
I must have done the same. Thought I had switched them out. It's an easy redo though. After making dozens of them a while back, I just completely space out at the thought of a basket. Good times.

Does anyone else glue their applique edges? My grandmother would not approve but it makes my life easier. :0D
Hi There All of You, I do not like to hand applique so I took the easy way out and used fusible web to iron on my handle. Now I have to machine applique it which is just as horrible for me to do. Ughhhh!!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:52 PM

Hi There All of You, I do not like to hand applique so I took the easy way out and used fusible web to iron on my handle. Now I have to machine applique it which is just as horrible for me to do. Ughhhh!!
I love fusible! I use it for all kinds of projects.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Administrator

I just added a .pdf version of Stefanib's chart showing the total number of times each template is used and the blocks in which they are used.

It's attached to the announcement topic.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57733-1.htm

Thanks again, Stefanib! :thumbup:
Old 08-14-2010, 07:04 AM

I'm just thinking out loud. Last night as I was sewing and checking the block--I wished I had made a plastic template of some of the paper ones. I would make a hole somewhere on the template and string a bunch of them up numerically so I could just flip thru them to find the one I need for reference. Better yet--make a large triangle and then draw smaller ones on it in the sizes you want. mark the dimensions on the seam allowance. You would then just lay it on the block to see if it needs adjusting. This could be done on all the shapes. what do you think? Should I waste my time and plastic?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:14 PM

Are there rotary directions for block 3 and 4?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Whoops, I found them.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Whoops, I found them.
Please note::: Template #4 is a 2" square.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
I'm just thinking out loud. Last night as I was sewing and checking the block--I wished I had made a plastic template of some of the paper ones. I would make a hole somewhere on the template and string a bunch of them up numerically so I could just flip thru them to find the one I need for reference. Better yet--make a large triangle and then draw smaller ones on it in the sizes you want. mark the dimensions on the seam allowance. You would then just lay it on the block to see if it needs adjusting. This could be done on all the shapes. what do you think? Should I waste my time and plastic?
This is why I made that chart. So, I could know which ones would be worth making in plastic and which aren't.

Some like 1, 3, 4, 7 etc. you will use 100 times or more! Some you will only use once.