Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page

Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 PM

It seems a lot of us are kind of new to PPing. I just did my first one last year as well, when I was doing the Stars BOM here on the board. I don't mind doing it, I just think it wastes a lot of fabric. When I do foundation piecing, I can line those templates up right next to each other.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:41 PM

This is the first time I've ever PP or used the freezer method. PC has quadrupled my quilting ability's!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
It seems a lot of us are kind of new to PPing. I just did my first one last year as well, when I was doing the Stars BOM here on the board. I don't mind doing it, I just think it wastes a lot of fabric. When I do foundation piecing, I can line those templates up right next to each other.
ITA and that's one of the reasons I detested PPing ... then when I got serious and discovered the pointy points, square square and all, then I decided the trade off of the "wasted" fabric for the perfection and precision was more than worth it to me. I have more of a problem with the "guilt" that I'm taking the lazy-man's way out! OOPS, that should be lazy-girl!!

Besides ... as a kid I always loved dot-to-dot and paint-by-number ... so guess, I'm just being a kid again!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:10 AM

The first time I did pping was for a Dear Jane and I used freezer paper as the foundation...didn't read the instructions too well and had a very difficult time with removing the freezer paper from the back of the little sections some of which were less than a half inch square...i gave up on it until I did the first FWS and even then it was more work than it is now with the Pony Club...We all learn more as we go along...what shortcuts work best for each of us. I find it much easier of course with the larger blocks. Happy Easter to all of you that Celebrate this Holiday!!! H.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Honchey ... did you finish the DJ without PPing? It's an incredible quit, though until I get to like, no that would be love, templates and applique, there's no way I am going anywhere near it! For what I've seen, it looks like you wouldn't be able to PP many of the blocks. Right? Wrong?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 AM

Hi QuiltE, No, I never finished it...I think I did about 10-15 blocks... It's in the closet...I now have enough fabric to complete it with all the leftover scraps from the FWS quilt.....When I started I removed the binding so that I could copy the patterns nice and flat and went from there...I had only heard about pping and never took a class for it...I think I may have seen a TV segment about it.....Hmmmmm....What are we doing after this trip??? To answer your question...I think almost any pattern can be pp'd to a degree if it can't be totally done that way....just need to figure it out. H.

Last edited by Honchey; 04-09-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Those blocks you have done would make a nice little quilt ...

And here you are, already thinking ahead to 2013!!!
(and we're not even 1/2 way thru yet?)

Yes ITA ... I've been proving that PPing can be done with all ... A Beauty, Bright Hopes and Birds Eye View (yes, I even did the outer circle as such; appliqued the centre). I think those are all the ones so far that PP patterns were not provided. Just call me ... stubborn!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 AM

It was a wonderful little break, Honchey...it let us do virtual travel....and get caught up on the PC Blocks...and chat and exchange recipes as a PC group. Wonderful of QB to let us do so. Cheers to you and QB.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Photos:[ATTACH=CONFIG]326871[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]326872[/ATTACH] Better late than never. Chocolate cherry cake and Santa singing to his horse. And his horse is thinking and singing, "hay, hay, hay, h-a-y" to the tune of a Rock 'n Roll song "Mop, mop, m-o-p" that line was repeated again and again in the whole song. That D&D block was not easy even with chocolate!!
Attached Thumbnails cakestand.jpg   christmastree.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 PM

Hmmmm, Cherry Cake! I haven't had any in so looong1. Looks good. That Santa is poppin' up again! So cute!