Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page

Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

mmmmmmm Cherry Cake ... deliciousness! I was thinking cherry cheesecake, before I saw your description, QNSue!
And a very festive singing Santa.
As always you are ever so creative in how you put all your fabrics together.

QNSue ... Do you keep track of all the fabrics? Or just use and set it aside?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:11 AM

I creatively throw them into a box, then "dig" out the fabric in the box to see what matches with the next block. Ella's favorite is the block I like the best for scene and color. Although I did have fun with Santa and his horse. It is a PC quilt.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 AM

I love your blocks, QNS-they're always fun. And I enjoy the stories you tell with them. Your quilt is going to be fun and bright.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
I love your blocks, QNS-they're always fun. And I enjoy the stories you tell with them. Your quilt is going to be fun and bright.

ITA JanRN ... QNSue's blocks always show so much thought and originality in them.

I did have to smile at the "creatively throw then dig out" routine, that you do,
QNSue!
Quite the visualization of you tossing the fabric around!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 AM

QNS...Ummmm....cherry cake. Takes a real cook for that one. Great block and Santa is sitting pretty too.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:03 AM

QNS.....I wanna bite...of that cherry cake....Yum! Looks good enough to eat indeed! The fussy cut horse and Santa is so cute......brings a smile....
Old 04-12-2012, 07:46 AM

QuiltingNinaSue, your blocks look wonderful. The cherry cake looks delicious and the horse looks so happy with Santa singing to him. Great fabrics in that block, right down to the hay bales.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Coughs and wheezes in the background. "Whew I'm trying to clear the dirt outta my eyes! Sure gets dusty back here at the tail end!!"

OK just been reading the thread before I post. I counted. I have 7, count them 7, to do to catch up to this week. Nope my spring break was not a productive sewing week. Such is life.

Honchey--your cake stand looks a little Hawaiin to me; and the Tree with it's great FC's looks so serene.
Janie--Hearts in your Valentine cake? Neat and that pine needle fabric is fabulous. Is it a batik?
Jan--Such a sharp contrast with your purples and what pretty berries in your tree.
Anael--I love the soft blue in the basket; interesting color combo in your tree, too.
Termi--A carrots to feed those ponies along the way! Great fabric choices in your tree.
Cookie--the pink looks lovely with your focus fabric. Sure like the green and red color arrangement.
mirabelle-you know that I'm in love with your fabric--lovely basket ann the red stars with the soft green will add a bright spot in the quilt.
wendi's been picking strawberries for short cake--yumm.
DDamsel-your blues are very striking, especially the navy and white tree.
Jeanie-the red basket complements the tree so well. Fantastic FC with the trees and gifts.
LIsabella-welcome and love the how the black horseshoe fabric sets off the ponies.
QE--Have you been sneaking into wendi's patch or is it the other way around!!! Your tree swirls with texture.
dublb--those substitutes are going to fit so pleasingly with the rest of your blocks.
GGal-Love the yellow cake and the geometric with it. You've made a sharp looking tree too.
Carrie--that gray blue is a nice contrast in both the basket and tree.
QNS--Your blocks are always a delight to look at! The freeze we had was hard on my bleeding hearts that just started blooming. DS told 3 yo she could pick every dandelion in the hayfield. "Really?", she asked. Poor naive child, never fails to bring me a clutch of the the yellow sunshine flowers on a regular basis.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329397[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]329398[/ATTACH]Here's my two for this week. I've started to crop off the seam allowances a little so they look more correct when I put them into EQ. I added the contrasting fabric to the tree cuz it looked too bland with my fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails pc-23-cake-stand.jpg   pc-24-christmas-tree.jpg  
Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 PM

OK; your blocks are beautiful! Let's see if I understand correctly. You are cropping your picts. not the actual blocks? O keep going' back ta look at 'em 'cause they are so pretty. I've got some of that dust also 'cause I'm riding back here with ya.