Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 12 Cake Stand & Christmas Tree Photo Page

Old 03-25-2012, 03:48 PM

Great job April, glad you joined our little group. So much fun to have more blocks to view each week.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:13 PM

I love the "Lucky Pony Cake!!"
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

♥Iz ... Your Lucky Pony Stand looks so luscious with that rainbow of colours. Just like a fancy decorated cake! "

Alas .... ♫♪♪I'm back in the saddle again!!!! ♪♪♫

Here's my two ..... Another Strawberry Shortcake to go along with
WendiQ's (Hope you don't mind my using your idea!)
It must be a Southern Christmas Tree with all that sun around it!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322669[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pc12-cakestand-christmastree.jpg  
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM

Oh those are great QuiltE. We stopped by a strawberry stand yesterday to get some strawberries. I fixed homemade shortcake to go with them. Yummy! In our area there are acres of strawberries, and in the last few year acres of raspberries. They put large plastic domes over the raspberry plants.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Oh those are great QuiltE. We stopped by a strawberry stand yesterday to get some strawberries. I fixed homemade shortcake to go with them. Yummy! In our area there are acres of strawberries, and in the last few year acres of raspberries. They put large plastic domes over the raspberry plants.
Thanks JeanieG ... now to get caught up on the ones that are missing. This morning I'm taking my FWS to the LAQ!!! Yeah!

mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Fresh berries are the best, and it doesn't matter what kind to me! And with "real" shortcake, even better!!!
Our strawberrries come in season in June. Then raspberries and blueberries are right after. A few blackberries, but not seen too often.
So delicious and I eat them morning, noon and night when I can get locally grown ones!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 AM

Very nice blocks QE. Great contrast in your Christmas tree-love the dark green. I like how you've been able to incorporated your light yellow background in your blocks. It gives it consistancy. I'm with someone else here--mine are going to look like the dog's lunch LOL. Oh well, sashing will tie everything together.
Now yinz have me craving strawberries!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 AM

LovinI...your ponies look like jewels on the Pony Stand. I never thought of black for a background in this quilt, but it really works for this block.

QuiltE...beautiful blocks. Glad you're putting the FW to rest until the binding and that you can wrangle with us.

I have week 11 blocks done but want to finish week 12 before I stop to post and week 13 is upon me. This is going sooooo fast.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:11 AM

I agree, GG, these weeks are moving along much too soon. No Blocks from last week or this week. I do have the 6 memorial table runners done; waiting for the Intra-Bright from Jenny Beyer who had it on sale for $2.50 a yard last week. Now its on back order because they received orders that exceeded 210 yards of it. And I am setting together my FWQ king sized quilt, working on the longest row, of 17 blocks. QuiltE was quite an encourager when she finished hers. I could not decide whether to hand-quilt or have it machine quilted; but let it go to machine quilting, so I am sewing all the slashing together with the blocks. Almost half way done now. Hope to do more today.

With such beautiful block this week posted and more to come this week, it will keep my excitement building until I can join the trail ride again. Great jobs, everyone. I am enjoying the show.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Ladies ...

JanRN ... the yellow is being a challenge! It was planned as a match with the print I have, and I'm finding, not much of the print gets used, because of the way it's printed it's not a good one too FC, as too close. I've been having quite a time in picking fabrics that work with it for contrast. Darks yes, but lights/mediums not always. I'm SO tempted to go back to scrappy. As for dog's breakfast, better ask Patches about that!!!!! I feel that way about my FWS at times ... and then other times, I just see it as a whole bunch of jewels. Especially now that it's all in one piece ... am leaving shortly to take it to my LAQ!!

GGal ... I love the FWS but yes, glad to have it done. Binding is ready and waiting, so it won't be a big chore when that time comes! Besides, I'm always anxious to complete binding. Yeaaaa for you for catching up and going into the passing lane! I'll do the next two, as well, before I back track for my catch ups. Although now the taxes deadline (ours are 4/30) is looming, so will need to get in that mode. NOT my favourite thing to do ... especially when my sewing machine is calling me! Will have to put my reward method into action, once again!

QNSue ... Yea for you! Look at all the progress you are making in other fronts!!!! Oh now, that's not a "look" ... how about a progress picture for your Pardners? I'm also curious about your Memorial Runners? You'll have it all done in no time, and will soon be back with us too. Til then, I'll ride along for you.

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-26-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:49 AM

Thank you for the kind words everyone. I have no set background for the blocks so I am just using what calls to me for the block from my stash. My plan is to not use the same fabric in more than one block. We shall see how that works out lol

E-Love the blocks and think it is neat how you put the sunshine in them!

I keep looking at my pony stand and think my CDO may kick in and have me redoing it LOL

Hugs
April