Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Discussion Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Discussion Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Discussion Page

Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Someone get the hook... No, Everyone get a hook and keep Jan from leaving the camp fire. Jan, There's nothing wrong with the way you choose to do your blocks.... You "fit" in just fine...Most of us are really mixing it up...Most of mine will be scrappy with fabrics left over from the first FWS. Please don't leave us.... Honchey

Anyone want to change the number of blocks we do a week?
Are 2 blocks a week too much?
Should we have a "catch up a block week" every once in awhile just to get caught up for those who need to?

Please give me your thoughts on this. H

Last edited by Honchey; 03-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 PM

I'm doing ok with the 2 blocks a week, at least for right now! I'm game for whatever the consensus is.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 PM

2 Blocks a week can be hard. I sure don't want to slow so far down that it takes us forever ta git 'em done. Maybe a catch up week might be a good idea every-once in a while, might be a good idea. I'll go with what everybody wants.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Even though I'm not caught up .. I'm OK with the 2 per week. Once I got my FWS blocks done a month ago, I've been able to stick with the posse for the current week, and have even managed the odd block from the previous week, as I've worked on the FWS sashing. I'm hoping for a good go again, this weekend on that front! Once the FWS if off to the LAQ, then I'll catch up on the missing PC blocks. Though I think there's only 5 I haven't done, so it's not too discouraging.

ITA with DublB that if we slow the pace down, it may seem like it's taking forever ... and there's the danger of losing interest if we're dragging along. And too, for those who are ahead of the group, I wouldn't want to slow the pace and have them lose interest.

I am SO enjoying this journey ... and still envious of those who did the FWS together!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 04:39 AM

I too am ok with 2/wk. I should be able to get all caught up (or close to it) next weekend at my retreat! I can't wait. This week I am finishing a quilt for a friend. I do QAYG and have the rows of blocks together, just need to do borders and binding.

Carrie
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

I've moved this over from the Photo Page
Originally Posted by dublb View Post
QuiltE - As for my decoupage plates, I'm making 'em for the retreat I'm going on next week. I'll post picts when I get back, just in case anyone that is going sees 'em here. I took some picts ta send ta my DD. She wants ta know how I'm making 'em. I can post a few of those when I get back also if ya'll want me ta. I plan on gitting some of my UFOs, and maybe some of my cousins blocks done while I'm there.
DublB ... I'll look forward to seeing/hearing all about them. Wouldn't want to ruin a surprise! In the meantime, you could tell us about the retreat ... how many? is it a guild? LQS? or?? what sort of a place do you go to? how long? and blah blah blah!!

CarrieM ... You'll create quite an interest at the retreat with your PC! Be sure to take your all the blocks you have done so you can get lots of ooohs and aaaahs! And too, tell us more about your retreat! I'm all ears and eyes about your QAYG. I haven't done one yet, though am intrigued ... and considering it for the PC!

Both ... Now wouldn't it be FUN if the two of you were going to the same retreat. Although I doubt it ... a little long commute between Texas and Iowa! Instead you can virtually be together!!!!

Thinking of which ... How'd
Y'all like to do a virtual retreat while these to cowgirls are off doing one IRL? We could plan it here ... and keep tabs on each other that weekend! Anyone wanting to pony up? "_
Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 AM

QuiltE...you come up with some of the most original ideas....virtual retreat? The last and only one I've been to so far I had a roommate with sleep apnea and she didn't bring her machine so she could breath easy. There is no way to describe what it sounded like. Since none of us would ever admit to snoring since we can't hear ourselves, there would definitely be something missing!

JanR...if I remember right, one of your parents is having health issues, right? That has to be hard. Maybe you could consider this a memory quilt and weave in some special thoughts about the good times and this journey could become a bright spot in the difficult time you're going through and you would have a quilt you could treasure for the rest of your life. Let us help you make some lemonade.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Default My retreat..in Iowa

[QUOTE=QuiltE;5023907]I've moved this over from the Photo Page

[B]DublB ... I'll look forward to seeing/hearing all about them. Wouldn't want to ruin a surprise! In the meantime, you could tell us about the retreat ... how many? is it a guild? LQS? or?? what sort of a place do you go to? how long? and blah blah blah!!

CarrieM [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=#006400]... You'll create quite an interest at the retreat with your PC! Be sure to take your all the blocks you have done so you can get lots of ooohs and aaaahs! And too, tell us more about your retreat! I'm all ears and eyes about your QAYG. I haven't done one yet, though am intrigued ... and considering it for the PC!

I will answer all your questions about our retreat...there will be 18-20 of us (this is our biggest yet). This is the third retreat my friend, Crystal and I have hosted.

It is at a church camp. We use the big lodge for setting up tables and then there are 2 sleeping rooms in that building and we also have another building with 4 more rooms. Sleeping 6-8 in a room if we want...we are letting people spread out. The camp offers prep of meals...we are just having them do supper this time since last time we had way too much food with snacks and 3 big organized meals a day.

It started more as a scrapbooking/card making retreat, but I have taken my machine the other times and Crystal started sewing since our last retreat so will be bringing her machine this time too! We are just calling it a "craft retreat". One day some of us are doing a card swap (everyone designs a card and cuts materials for the others to make their card...you go home w/~15 different cards).

This time we are starting on Thursday night and going until Sunday at noon...in the past it was just Fri-Sun. We thought this way everyone will have 2 full days at the camp to work on their projects. I can't wait!!!

I only have two PC blocks finished so far but that WILL CHANGE!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

We will all be waiting for Carrie eye candy next week!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM

Debbie Umphress has had several retreats in the Dallas area. She is a member here on the board & used to be quit active. When the change on the board took place she thought she was going to loose her PDA, where she posted most, so she set up somewhere else. She does come to the board some still. She won a half price retreat in Van Alstine TX. (North of Dallas.) It is March 9 - 11. I'm gonna leave on Thurs. 'cause it is a 6 or more hour drive! dlong here on the board lives here in Midland also & she is going with me! There is room for 12 of us, but only 10 are signed up now. (I'm still making 12 plates in case someone else signs up.) $50 for 3 days!!!!!!!! (If any of yall are interested I can PM you Debbie's E-mail or phone #. I know she posted it in the off line events some time in Nov. or Dec. I went to the one in Grandbury that she had last OCT. What a lot of fun!!!!