Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-21-2014, 11:44 AM

I ended up at the ER w/my DM all night long. He BP was 229 over 115 at one point. It sure was scarry. They go tit down by about 5am & I got her home by about 6:00. When I got home DH had not only made me the cup o' tea I had asked for he had a plate o' scrambled eggs just outta the skillet ready for me. I am spoiled. I have only been up about an hour.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:11 PM

So lucky to have such a caring DH, dublb! What a gem (as my dear SIL calls my husband)!!! Glad your DM is doing better - very scary!

Love your I Spy QNS - just darling! I know that 2 yr old will love looking at all those blocks!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:45 PM

OK, that stocking is too cute. Like Anne said, the seam makes it--keeps the jeans feeling.

QNS, what a bright & cheery I Spy and such great backing. When my son was little he loved Thomas.

Bev--take a deeeeeep breath! You've certainly had an eventful few days. I agree with Jeanie, your DH is a gem and I'm glad you have someone to take such good care of you.

Tomorrow is the big day: my last day at work. I'll report back to yinz after it's over--you've all been so supportive and encouraging. Thanks for putting up with all my whining & debating over this very big (to me) decision!!
Old 12-21-2014, 04:22 PM

I'll bet you will grinning all day Jan! I am kind of like you when I retired - but not by choice! They kept calling me back in to train the girl that took my place - but they did not hire her until 2 months after I left! I was going back in for several hours at a time for months. I just found out that she is retiring at the end of the month, but they got smart and started training someone else a few months ago!
Old 12-22-2014, 04:50 PM

Well, It's Monday night and I think I smell some smoke now...it's been drifting in from the western part of Pa..Can anyone else smell it???
Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM

I can't smell any smoke here west of you, but I did get some yummy cookies and jam today! Thank you QNS!!!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:10 PM

I'm now officially retired!! And yes, that is the smoke from my bonfire--good bye scrubs! I keep thinking I should feel sad but I don't LOL. I'm almost giddy. It was so busy--the flu has hit our area with a vengeance. Out of 32 patients, 14 had flu-like symptoms. I'm going to take a shower in hand sanitizer--I was coughed, sneezed, wheezed, etc., on all day. I washed my hands so many times they're raw. But it was a nice day. My boss & his wife sent me a huge Christmas flower arrangement to the office, nice to smell roses instead of patients. The girls gave me Joanne's gift cards and of course there were lots of cookies to munch on. Got lots of hugs from long-time patients; made me feel good. I always thought patients thought nurses are invisible, never notice us unless there's a problem but they all said they'll miss me. How nice everyone was. I'm glad it's done. Maybe I should change my screen name to JanNOT rn LOL.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 PM

Honchey, just wood smoke from near by furnaces here.

You are most welcome, Carrie. Thanks for letting me know they arrived! Our DD also got hers today. The I SPY did not make it to the two year old boy today; I hope it gets there tomorrow. Its under QB Pictures, Thomas the train I SPY quilt...for another look at it.

JanRN, now retired, best wishes to you. I enjoyed your story and the moments you shared with us.

Waiting for the Harry and David Fruit to arrive sent by a lady in Texas I have never met. But I have been sending them homemade cookies and jam for several years, and she and her husband are kind enough to share the joy of the season back with us in the form of Harry and Davis mixed boxes of fruit. I have been known to have a 'teary' moment when they arrive. With our DC so busy in their own lives, we do not exchange 'gifts', just exchange Christmas cards or wishes through the internet. We sometimes get a phone call or a rare photo of DGS, but its just us two there for each other since we retired here. And that is a blessing, to have each other. Bless each of you this season for letting me 'share' some homemade goodies with all of you.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Right now DGS 4 yo is checking the packages under the tree claiming that it is already Christmas. He is so tired. Mom is showing him what day we can open gifts. Once they are gone it's time to sweep and mop the floors. Rest of the family comes in tomorrow so has to be done by then. And it's too dirty to let it go. 2nd doll quilt set under the tree. Have 2 wool felted purses to sew. Got them cut out while DIL was wrapping our presents for me.
Cute quilts QNS..should provide countless hours of searching...and yes pkg arrived and the plates are now empty. Thanks again.
I'm so disappointed,Jan. I was hoping to see a "scrub" quilt....Yes and so nice to feel appreciated.
Deep breaths, dublb. Wonderful to have a dear DH in times of crisis.

Now off to get some floors cleaned. Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:12 PM

The fruit arrived as did my new walking stick. Finally, it feels like Christmas. And yes, the quilt "I SPY" made it to the little two year old boy for Christmas.

DS received his box, and he was delighted with it. What plans do you have for Christmas eve? Christmas Day?? May it be merry and bright for all.