Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-25-2016, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Susan, I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles... Hope your Dad improves, and your own health issues, whatever they are. I hope you will read and say hi once in a while. We will miss you. I am sending you a pm.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:18 PM

I'm so sorry for all that's going on in your life, Susan. You have added so much to our little group. Please feel free to just come on here and cry, rant, rave, joke around, share, or whatever. These ladies got me through a very bad depression, loss of my mother & best friend, and so many other of life's *crap*. Lean on us if you need to!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:44 PM

Susan, I sent you an email. We are at the age where our kids are telling us to 'downsize' from what we have in the house. So I have been trying to downsize every room including the Quilt Room...to the point where I say "No", some things I am going to enjoy as long as our health holds up and Lord lets us enjoy our life here. At 74 years young, we hope to have fifteen to twenty years yet. Only the Lord knows for sure...I could die of cancer next year or twenty years from now. When we face whatever, He will guide us then, we will not walk alone. Never thought my eyes would give me any problems, but they have, so we are learning to live with that problem and I do not drive at all...even though we are out in the 'country' betwixt and between somewhere and nowhere. We have been lucky having good neighbors and friends who have gone the miles for us. Its tough to depend upon other people, yet we feel blessed that God has moved them to help us... never take their help for granted, or abuse their sense of 'helping' us out. A lot happens in Life that is not all roses. Roses have thorns, and so does life. Bumps in the road.

One the brighter side of life, I did get the Quilter 65 class today at Ann Wheeler's Quilt Shop. Took my own sewing machine, which unfortunately kept the needle to the left side, throwing off my sewing of anything. Quilter 65 used my machine to sew my 38 inch Lone Star section, teaching all of us how to do the foundation quilting from www.quiltsmart.com also sold through www.softexpressions.com I also purchased fabric for (our Mo.friend) RE's new granddaughter born last Friday. It will be a quick star quilt between the other quilts I am working on currently. Hope to finish it before her first birthday!

Remember every day is the 'present' day, not tomorrow, or yesterday...so its a 'gift'. Celebrate each day that we can enjoy and be with our families and friends, near and far. Blessed be.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:54 PM

OH! Big {{{{{{{{{{HUGGS}}}}}}}}}} JuneBillie! Please come here to this thread & spend some time w/us. I will say that when I met these ladies & started the PC I was in the middle of deep mourning. I had lost my DD & My DFIL 10 days apart. About a year before I started this journey. My DMIL had Alzheimer's & I had her in a nice place but still went daily to do something for her. & my back was acting up too. There was something about coming here to laugh & talk about our quilting that helped me get through. Besides we will miss ya.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:03 PM

JuneBillie, Sometimes-- with financial hardships-- cutting out the extra bills is the way to go, and if stopping internet access helps your budget, please don't forget that most public libraries have internet access now with the use of a free library card....

I sometimes feel that being online uses a lot of my time, and maybe that's a break you need for your schedule right now. There's nothing wrong with that. Your family and home life is a good place to put your attention.

If you want a little entertainment to brighten your week, please do remember that the Quilting Board is available and don't give up on it completely. You've joined 5 years ago, and with nearly 10,000 posts, I know it's something you've enjoyed.

Thank you for your message. I've liked getting to know you! Best wishes to you and your family...
Old 04-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

I'm ready for tomorrow's new 30's thread. While I was in Paducah I was able to buy a couple of bags of real vintage fabric scraps, so I've been playing with those in my blocks! It's so cool to have the old patterns and also the old fabrics! I am up to date on the blocks so I started with the front of the book now to catch up on the blocks I want to make.

Here is block #3 from the book, Alice. The print in it is a very old lawn fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548666[/ATTACH]

And here is some of my Paducah 'loot'... (blush).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548667[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02402.jpg   dsc02400.jpg  
Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 PM

We will certainly miss you junebillie - do come and say hi when you can.

sewbizgirl - wow - very pretty fabric, and a nice variety too.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Power Poster

All of you sweet girls sure do make it hard to leave here. I have reconsidered, and I will come here, and Nina Sue you are right about having a little corner to go too. I will still have to sew when I can, but will be here to chat with you all. I don't need anything, but the friendship all of you have already been to me here.

Hopefully, I won't have to have my internet shut down, but if I did when by a library I would check in. Our internet is really our only luxury. When I had to retire teaching early we got rid of any credit cards etc.

To read what others of you have been through brings tears to me. Yes, life is our special rose, but still has those pesky thorns.

Each day is surely a gift. Because I don't get out much at this time, except where I have to or where I am needed I don't have many friends close by so you girls here are the closest friends even though I haven't been here long.

Reading all the very meaningful thoughts from each of you brings something to my mind I heard a minister say not too long ago. He said that whatever or whoever passes this way today will not pass this way again. Basically even the precious thoughts from each of you were here for me at this moment today. Each day we have with family and friends, and all that was said or happened, when that day ends will not pass by us again.

I will be posting my two current, yes, I said current blocks later today. lol... From then on it will be probably one here and there, but I will be here with all of you to see how your day is going. Thank you!! You are all a blessing.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 04-25-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:12 AM

Sewbizgirl, looks like your eally enjoyed yourself and have the loot to prove it! Many happy hours remembering those moments as you sew...great way to spend your moments of fun in memories and sewing, making new memories to cherish.

Yes, Susan, we friends you never may meet, but supportive of every member who joins us here. Like a corn field of 'ears', we are here to listen to you at anytime. We, too, take Life one day at a time or one hour at a time, knowing this too shall pass.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

Susan, I'm glad you decided to stay part of this group. You need to stay connected to some supportive friends, especially when life gets tough.

Waiting for our new 30's thread to be posted, or have I just missed it?