Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 250 of 542 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 249 250 251 260 300 350 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 13526

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Oh THANKS for the Slowcooker recipe NinaSue

Anne, sorry to hear about your baby being sick appendicitis is a scary thing! hope the little guy heals up fast!

So many of my immediate family has had their turn with appendicitis, we tease that it is contagious... and every time I get the Flu one of my sisters calls me up and says "is it appendicitis?" sigh.... I know one day it IS coming for me!!!

Mirabelle those blocks are AMAZING!!! I cant wait!!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

QuiltE, No! I havent decided to do DJ... I would like to buy the software and EQ but... I dont think I can justify that purchase right now! especially with my limited space.

I DO think that I HAVE fabric for 50Stars, so I just need to pick up the book
    Candace is Deranged

DD, you don't need EQ for the Dear Jane software. It's a stand alone programm.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I hope you are feeling better, Anael.

This is what we are making for Little Miss' Christmas gift. DD purchased the kit 12 months ago (got it for half price as it was their last one) and put it away saying one day she would have a special girl to make it for. I just have to do the Dragon Block and the Carriage Block today and I can start stitching, I have given DD half the blocks for her to stitch, then we will put it together for me to quilt it.

I don't do a lot of machine appliqueing so wish me luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

That will be a beloved quilt by a sweet little girl...thanks to two women who love her very much. Wonderful surprise for her at Christmas.

Hey Guys! I've got picts!
    First is my MB. It's from Mirabelle. She said that it was a Stained Glass Star. Ain't it just about perfect?
    Name:  MB Sept (from Gardner Gal).jpg
Views: 59
Size:  69.3 KB
    Here are all 8 o' my blocks tagether. (Please don't look at my dirty foot, I had just been outside waterin' my potted plants.)
    Name:  MB First 8 tagether.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  70.4 KB
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Here are the 3 PC blocks I did at my retreat.
    Name:  PC Good Cheer.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  81.0 KB
    Good Cheer
    Name:  PC Golden Nuggets .jpg
Views: 79
Size:  969.8 KB
    Gold Nuggets
    Name:  PC Friendship Star.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  73.8 KB
    Friendship Star
    I finally counted & have 40 PC blocks done.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

'Purty' Real lRurty' That Texas perfect shooting for the stars very good, Dublb. Great blocks.

Bev, your PC blocks are great with perfect points!

Mirabelle, that quilt is going to be gorgeous! Just what a little girl wants, a princess with her castle

Anne, I hope your DGS will be better very soon!

QNS, I didn't feel better yesterday, I was worse than the day before. I didn't even see the twins Hope today will be a better day. I have no idea if the antibiotics are working or not. Today will be a quiet day, don't feel like doing much.

Beautiful PC blocks Bev, only 50 more to go I'm so glad you liked your block and it looks good with its friends.

Anael I hope you are feeling better soon, take care

It is late here so I am off to bed, good night everyone
    Karen

Bev, that's a great block MB made for you. You are going to have a bright & cheery quilt. I love the patriotic blocks you made.

MB what a cute and special quilt you're making for your little princess. Did you fuse the applique pieces? How will you attach them or is the fusing permanent? (I'm thinking ahead to DJ and have no idea how to applique all those blocks).

Anne, glad you're home safely. Hope your grand baby is feeling better. Was it appendicitis? Take care of that hip and knee--I'm picturing you rolling around on your chair.

Anael, nurse Jan here--did they do a culture before you started the antibiotics? Usually you should get relief in a day or two. Maybe you need a different med. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice, too.

Absolutely beautiful weather here--sunny, high in the upper 60's. Guess what I'll be doing--laundry! MrJanRn was away all week, came home last night with a week's worth of laundry. I'd rather be outside! Have a great, happy Sunday!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Nurse Jan, thanks for the advice. Yes they did do a culture before giving me the antibiotics. Today is not as bad as yesterday so I guess it's starting to work. While having the ultrasound they were muttering something about kidney stones and that might well be, I know the feeling. I will find out in a day or two.

Pre-Set Up done yesterday/Saturday.
    Here today, then gone tomorrow/Monday.
    Maybe here Tuesday, maybe not?
    Then gone for the week!

Honchey ... Poor Little Tommy. May you only hear good news from here on. Glad you got home safely. Take care with your leg today. Your menu contributions have me already drooling! Publishing our recipe book with our quilting story, would surely be a hit!!!!! Though I'm not sure we'd have the juicy-ness of the UK Institute Ladies aka Calendar Girls!!! I'm sure the reunion will be filled with many happy memories today ... and lots of talk of the Boardwalk of the past.

DDamsel and QNSue ... Stew in the crock is the ONLY way IMHO!

DDamsel ... Haven't decided .... yet!!! Of course you can justify DJ ... it's a much deserved Get Well present!!! And as Anael pointed out, you do not buy EQ, only the DJ software. It's made by Eq but is a stand alone. Besides, we aren't going to get into action til this winter. You have lots of time to get ready aka getting the fabric, software, etc. It has your name written all over it, that you really do need to do it!

MiraB ... Oh my, what a story ... that DD bought this kit with no immediate plans!!! What a perfect next quilt for LittleMiss to have, love and enjoy!! Next thing will be, that she will want her own sewing machine, so she can join in on the fun with the two of you!

MiraB and DublB ... what a lovely sparkly star!

DublB ... Looks like your group are coming together as a well coordinated set. And progress on your PC! You really should post them to the original threads, to have them with their playmates!! Plus, stir up some interest with others to come and join into the PC journey.

Anael ... sorry you aren't feeling better. Rest and let those drugs work for you! As NurseJan said, part of the remedy is to drink gallons and gallons!!! (that'd be water and cranberry juice!) eeeeeeeeeeeks on the kidney stones ......

JanRN ... Of course, you could always let his laundry sit ...... and enjoy the nice fall weather!!

Today ... I must get the MB ready to mail tomorrow.
    And ... must get the challenge block made for the Fair this week.
    And ... a plethora of other mundane stuff!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QuiltE, one step at a time; if something does not get done....???? it was not meant to be. Take a deep breath and let it out. With 23 hours in a day, you will prioritize and do what you can, very well.

Anael, continue to rest and talk to your 'killer' cat who will love the attention. Do what Nurse Jan said to do and all will be well.

Dublb, thanks for showing off all your lovely blocks...I had gotten your MB mixed up with D_D's, so its good to figure that out.

My quilt room is calling my name, so you all have a great DAY. Its raining and cooled off here. Wonderful duck weather.

LOL, QuiltE, you have to sleep at least an hour a day!! May a 12-16 hour day is enough, yes??? out of 24 hours??

Not to worry ... I get lots of sleep!!!

I gave you the top two on my hit list for today.
    One other is to fix a pair of black jeans to wear this week.
    After that ... the others are nice to do's, but the earth won't come to an end if they aren't!

Bev, You have been busy!!! and the results are great...You're going to have a dynamite MB quilt!!!

My little guy has been suffering terribly..spiking fevers, pains in the tummy...ultra sounds, ex-rays..nasal/gastro tube..then it was't in the right position, had to remove it..He finally had to drink about 3 glasses of stuff for the cat scan...no appendecitis, no intestinal blockage although it did show constipation due to a full bowel...He has swollen lymph glands in the groin area? that is causing his pain & fever...we were at the hospital all night...very tired today...we don't know what the prognosis is at this time....He is still in the hospital...

Our reunion was great as expected..the weather could have been warmer with less wind...we all ended up in the house..thank goodness the house was big enough for all of us...we feasted on meatballs, roasted whole pig..eggplant parmigiana, pierogi, cabbage & noodles, kielbasa, cold homemade salads and lots of desserts & beverages...should have brought some hot chocolate...

When we returned home Friday, I opened all the windows to freshen up the house..left them open and nearly froze when we got home very late last night...I saw my breath in the cold...now my house is kind of cold..have fleece pants on, long sleeved top & winter socks on my feet...brrrrr!!! I think I'll do some cooking today to warm up the house...A pot of stew sounds good to me...I don't think my son & other GS will be over today...DS hasn't had much sleep the last few days...I'll see you guys later...H.
    The car is unpacked..just have to put things away...

Dublb--Some more great PC blocks. You'll have to show us a group shot of those you have done.

Honchey--Good you made it home safely, sorry for the sick little boy...praying they find something out soon.

QE--Running here and there as usual (at least this time of year). Have fun! Sorry can't find my zucchini recipes...since the girls started baking my recipes aren't always where they should be!

Anael--Hope you continue to feeling better and no kidney stones. DH had one...he was in a lot of pain.

Jan--So good of you to nurse us. Did you get to spend a little time outside? It is rainy and cool here today.

QNS--Great that the sewing room was able to get your attention.

Mirabelle--that is a cute quilt pattern. As much as the RA quilt is loved I am sure this one will be well used too!

D_D--Even if you don't do DJ at least you'll be making the 50 Stars with some of us. I think I found fabric for one of my DJ quilts at work yesterday...it was still in the plastic so I have to wait until it is checked in to get a good look at it and decide how much I will need...and choose a background fabric to go with it.

Ggal--How is your Jamestown quilt coming along? I can't wait to see pictures. Is your toe feeling better?

OK--How's the finger? Have you added to the pickle jar?

Janie--Have a great trip!

Jeanie--Hope you're having a great time with family.

GrannyQ--Praying for you and yours.

Honchey ... {{{HUGS}}} to you and your little guy! And OMG the menu!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are getting warmed up. The fleece pants should do the job! It's a good ol' raw fall day here too. Looking forward to nicer weather this week. But should I believe the weather man?

CarrieM ... disorganized recipes ... small price to pay to have some new cooks in the house! Fabric ONE of your DJs??? My goodness, you are the ambitious little one!!!

GGal ... and forgetful me ... Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to you!!! Do hope that you celebrated in a way special to you!! and perhaps even have extended it into today, as well!

JanieW ... Happy UK Travels!!! I'm green with envy!

QE--I am making 2 DJ quilts, but not with all the blocks in each one. If you have the book, there is one in there where they've used all the triangle blocks in one quilt....that is one design I want to do. The other will use the square (4 1/2") blocks...haven't decided how many yet.

Should get my book and template this week, and will take a look for yours.
    Have the software already.
    So far ... have not gone past looking at the box.
    All in the name of saving time!!

But I WANT EQ I wanted to buy last year at sale time, but just couldnt... maybe this year... maybe DJ in the near future! tho... you know I will be watching I am excited to see what CarrieM pulls out of her sleeve

DearAnne I hope poor baby gets feeling better soon! it is not good for little guys to be in the hospital!
    Candace is Deranged

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
    But I WANT EQ I wanted to buy last year at sale time, but just couldnt... maybe this year... maybe DJ in the near future! tho... you know I will be watching I am excited to see what CarrieM pulls out of her sleeve

DearAnne I hope poor baby gets feeling better soon! it is not good for little guys to be in the hospital!
    Put it in your Dear Santa letter this year!

Meanwhile, just get your DJ stuff and get on with it!
    Look at what HuntAnnette has been doing with DJ and FFC .........
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...221233-31.html
    You too, could do the same!

We are in Phoenix visiting with son, DIL and grandchildren. Heat is awful - 109* here today. It cools off at night into the 70's. We will be heading home next Friday.

I got my kitchen almost finalized, and will go home to a newly carpeted living room, with the furniture coming out of storage to fill it up! Oh, I will be in heaven to finally have my house put back together again. It has been a long five months!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 250 of 542 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 249 250 251 260 300 350 ... LastLast