Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations DD! Wish I had the same discipline to "get er done". Still readding up the bedrooms--my fault for having a WIP on each of the beds!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 AM

Congrats DD! Sometimes it's good to be jealous

Here's my FWS, just attached the next row.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403916[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails done-24.03.2013-469-x-484-.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 AM

This is the surprise block QuiltE sent me. I love it and I'm going to use it for Isa's quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403917[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails block-quilte-429-x-392-.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

First I'll show you what was in my mailbox yesterday!!!!!!!!
.............. then I'll go back and read what I have missed the last couple of days!

Thank you JanieW!!!! ... what a perfectly beautiful block ... and yes, it totally fits the idea of what I was looking for when I put forth my MB request list! Right down to remembering to sign your work! You were probably wondering why I had not posted about it ... my road is closed, so haven't been going to the post office on a regular basis, as with the closure, it's a long way around on muddy roads (even though we have lots of snow still!). I never dreamed I'd have a MB so fast, and thinking it'd only be bills, I'd been putting the trek off til I was somewhat near the post office. Yesterday on the way home was the day ... now I feel so bad that I missed out on it!

And what might be the name of this block?? ... I see it as a Broken Churn Dash, but I'm sure it has a proper name!!!

Thanks SO MUCH JanieW!!!! ... seems like a breath of Spring air. Perhaps a chinook coming down from the west?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403937[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mbjaniewfrom-1-.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Hello All!
Had a good couple of days away. Before checking into the hotel on Friday night, I managed to get to Fabricland (somewhat like your Joanne's, I think). Meeting Saturday ... then on the way home to an antique warehouse, new-to-me LQS and the infamous Len's where you can get pretty much everything except the proverbial kitchen sink ... including fabric! Len's carries current quality fabrics, as well as "cheap" cottons, plus lots of other upholsteries, vinyls etc. Being a Jobber they also bring in odd lots that might be old fabrics or short runs or partial lines. I've even bought "Joanne" labelled fabrics. My mission was to look for the fabric I am using for the border and backing of my Out to Pasture ... have enough, but it was going to be so tight, that I would have to make my border a little narrower than I'd prefer, and be sure not to make one cut wrong. Amazingly! they had it ....... a 2007 fabric! And on sale.
Regular Price less 30% (they're marking down the older fabrics)
then because it was green, in honour of St. Paddy's, another 20%
then because I had an online discount coupon for all purchases ... another 15% off!

And then because I had a 20% off coupon for any olfa rulers, blades or rotary cutters, I treated myself to the 16-1/2" square as well as a 6-1/2" ......... and remember, another 15% off!

Gifts from me-to-me are the best ... guess I'll call it my Birthday Present, being that I didn't treat myself then!!!

Not to bore you any longer ... I'll get back to reading the massive catch up!

First of all ... To Answer Everyone's Confusion ...Being that Anael was not part of the MB I figured a SB would be give her some fun! And as for QNSue's $'s, I owed her for some fabric she purchased for me and the shipping. I decided on a different colour scheme for the block in my PC, so being that a lot of my extra patterns came from QNSue, I figured, she should have the other one.

Anael ... oh how wonderful that you got your Surprise Block ... I'm glad it fits with Isa's and Bram's quilt(s)! SO SWEET .... The SewGrands together at last!!!!!!!!! NINE WEEKS OLD!!!!!!!!

MiraB ... You're really power-quilted on those butterflies!! The FF fabric will really give the quilt a sparkle of it's own. As for the new sewing machine ... you sneak! Your DH was home since, so you waited ... and love the timing along with his new fishing equipment discussion!! Schemer!

MiraB and OKSGlad ... I'll gladly provide a home for a Sewing Elf. Though all that seems to be here is a Messy Gremlin, who messes things up on me!

OKSGlad ... you brought back memories of my Mother reminding us of how good we had it, thanks to the cows! When I was in High School, most of my friends were town kids ... and I got reminded that we had a lot more of the "conveniences" than many of them ... and when I visited some of their homes I duly took note, and said some Thank Yous. Life sometimes seems hard as a farm kid, but when the reality strikes, we realize how good we have it! And how many kids have as many hours per day access to their parents (and in your case Grands) ... as the farm kids do! Or for a parent to be as available for their school and extra-curricular events. Farming is pretty good stuff! Looks like a FULL house of family at the OK Corral for Easter weekend. How wonderful!

JanRN ... looks like another successful FART! No need for you to check out the TinLizzie ... you already have a good machin! Awww ... show us the fabrics NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! puhleeeeeeeeeeeeease?

JeanieG ... Looking forward to some pics soooooooon! When I had my Fusions out to make more sashings, I was thinking of yours with the blue.... cousin quilts!

QNSue ... glad your block got to you. The $ was for the fabric you purchased for me and of course, the shipping! I know you were a couple blocks short for the PC, so perhaps this one will fit in? Besides, it was from your patterns!

DDamsel ... wheeeeeeeeeee! you have your PC blocks done! Glad the nudge helped (competitive much?) And better than me, being that I did not do all 90 in the pattern. (I know, I did the extra non-pattern blocks!) Now show us a photo!!!!!!!! Got your lace yet?

GGal and QNSue ... wow! look at those pineapples! Which one is the pattern you sent us as one has more layers than the other? Love the colours in both.

JanRN and CarrieM ... spectacular block! I loved that block when I did it in the FWS (or similar one) ... the fabrics are perfect for the 3D look.

JeanieG and JanRN
... amazing colours! Do you see the Northern Lights in the "south"? Or just something for we Canucks to enjoy?

Anymore block arrivals?

And now, I'd better get a-moving and get some stitchin' done!

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-24-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

My March MBs and their Lil Sister's ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]403959[/ATTACH]

Mr and Mrs Farmer ... QNSue's is the yellow background. Mine is the blue. The blue will be my backing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]403960[/ATTACH]
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Sorry, Quilte, that attachment is not working. The block is one my dh and I will treasure.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Try again here ... they were both online when I first posted and checked.
And now ... poof! What gives?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404016[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404017[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mb-anael-janiew-1-.jpg   x16-mr-mrsfarmer-1-.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Hope that the two photos "stick" this time!

QNSue ... Glad that you and your DH liked it.

MrQNSue ... I think it's time that you show us some of your PP work!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM

They did post this time, QuiltE....just as I got mine all set to post:[ATTACH=CONFIG]404028[/ATTACH] "Thee" first pineapple sent to GG, the second one had the center square not on point. [ATTACH=CONFIG]404029[/ATTACH]Farmer and his wife (will add a 47th anniversary on the block) will be put into the quilt of BBs and Mystery Blocks for my bed. Shall not tell anyne he waars his kilt (skirt) and I wear the (jeans) pants!! LOL!! 2nd dd says I always have!! Little does she know us!!
Attached Thumbnails pineappleone.jpg   farmer-wife.jpg