Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 32 of 542 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

I mailed my BB taday. For all o' those who haven't finished, there is no hurry. We all agreed on the Feb date.
    It's rainin'!!!! I'm so happy. A nice slow rain. I hope it lasts for several days!!! Way too cold ta go & play in it. LOL It's rainin' in Brady too. Hooay!!

QE that is soo funny!
    Last edited by dublb; 01-09-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Add more text.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Now ... i'm going back and reading what's happened today while I was away and working!

Anael ... I've just added to the waiting game! Glad you have your machine back. I did a quick run-thru at the sewing machine dealer today for some bobbins ... she said don't even consider 7700, go for the 8900. I didn't have time to stop and chat more. Although, being that you have a Bernina, remember the 820 (I think that's the number) has a wider throat than any other. 7700, 8200 and 8900 are all 11" and I think the B is either 12 or 13". 6600 is 9" ... seemed huge when I got it, but now?

DublB ... try finding your ♪♪♫♫♪♪ on youtube! Keep doing your brain dance!

JanRN ... so sorry you've been under the weather. I know the FART in a couple days will help you feel better, but there's no sense going til you are really ready to, or you'll not enjoy it one bit! Take care and get rid of all those nasty bugs! Glad to see you tried one of the Compass Star blocks and have good reports about it. I keep a set of markers next to my machine and layout the PP pieces as they would go together. Then mark each section just with a dask of the marker. Faster than colouring ... and as long as I have the colour, I follow it pretty good. Plus, the markers are solid enough, I don't have to look too hard to figure out what colour it is.

QNSue .. you're braver than I!! I refuse to list all my WIPs, UFOs, PhDs .............................

GGal et al ... anyone seen any pics of finished quilts of that pattern? It's not grabbing me, but I'm wondering if it's because I haven't seen it in a real finished quilt, instead of just the drawings.

CarrieM ... while I know you would have sooner been in t he clubhouse, I'm sure you enjoyed that balmy weather! Do you have an electric heater in the clubhouse? or?

MiraB ... My Oh My ... your patchwork gatherings are casual ... wearing towels!

Anael ... ^^^^ I see you were thinking much the same as I was!!!!!

And in this little part of the world ... I've stayed pretty healthy, except for that cold I had back in October. It just keeps kind of in the background. No flu, thankfully ... touch wood! Before Christmas, they reported that there'd been more cases already than all of last winter. And no, the flu shots this year do not have the right stuff to zap the bugs!! At least that's what they are saying here! So for those like me who do not get the shot ... we are no further behind!

Remember that cold I mentioned just last week. Well, today we were back above freezing and by Saturday it's supposed to be double digits (10C = 50F). A sure way to be sick, with all this flip flopping of the temperature! Though I will say, it was pretty nice when I was out and about ... more like spring!

I decided before Christmas I was going to schedule one day per week til at least Spring to sit and sew ... clients can have the other four days! Well, tmro/Thursday is supposed to be THE day for this week. Well, now I have the satellite dish service guy coming anytime between 12 and 5. Oh great ... I can't hear the doorbell from my sewing room. *sigh* Maybe some GFGs will get done? Just wasn't my plan!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries
    Quit teasing QE. This was a very slow download tonight. I thought we'd see fabric not a PO box
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Well, my dearest OKSGlad .... it seems a very secretive BB society has evolved !!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks, QuiltE, for the picture of your Canadian Post Box...it was red just like the Maple leaves on the Canadian Cowgirl riding team in the rose ball parade. So my guess it may be that indicate what the BBs will look like...time will tell.

Yes, I like Pam Bono too; is the free blocks on her official site or fan club site...???

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Thanks, QuiltE, for the picture of your Canadian Post Box...it was red just like the Maple leaves on the Canadian Cowgirl riding team in the rose ball parade. So my guess it may be that indicate what the BBs will look like...time will tell.
    Nice try to get me to spill but ..............Nope!

**takes note of QNSue's sneaky ways!!!!**

Beware Everyone!

QE--I was showing the kids and DH the PO box picture and said that I had blocks coming from there. DH says "you're getting that? I want one!" LOL I said "no BLOCKS not a BOX".

Forgot to add that I have a base-board heater in the clubhouse. Need a little more insulation under the floor (the building is on posts), but otherwise works pretty good.
    Last edited by carriem; 01-09-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Ya'll are keepin' me in stitches.
    Bev

You can tell your DH and kids that I broke right out laughing!!!

.... oh i've got to go take another picture for your DH!
    Be back shortly ... hang on ..........
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-09-2013 at 07:44 PM.

I'm baaaaaaaaack ...... here's the dresser to the right of me when I am working at the sewing machine.

Take note of what's in the middle at the back! Works perfect for all the sharps (rotary blades, sewing machine needles, bent pins, etc). Just reach across and drop in the slot.

Now MrCarrieM ... one up me and get your DDDDW a USPS sharps holder!
    Of course, now you have me wondering what resourceful plans you had for a Canada Post Box??
    Name:  BonusBlocks 007.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  1.54 MB

I did say I was on my way to the bedroom so I did get dresses before venturing out for the morning gee I don't want to scare anyone people would go blind.....

Love the Post Box QuiltE, oohh I want my BB's now, is anyone else getting excited????

QNS I love your list of wip's, one day at a time or should that be one stitch at a time, it keeps the brain working and the hands busy

This is my Bumblebee Quilt, the pale blue border was 2 FQ's left over from a challenge some of my club's members participated in. I was given the fabric and told "see what you can do with this" So I knew I had the bumblebee embroideries so stitiched them out and they sat for quite a while as I just didn't want to set them in rows 3 across 4 down, boring !!!
    Then while going through my designs I found the design that I used in the centre so I stitched it out and then it sat again, while I drew a lot of designs on paper. I have EQ5 but find I work better with pen and paper, go figure.. I pulled 4 other blues and a couple of yellows from my stash and this is the end result.
    This quilt will be going to a local Primary School to be raffled to raise funds for the school
    Hope you like it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

I love it QE! I will have to show him in the morning (he's already crashed for the night) and see what his reasons are for wanting one. Night all!

Oh MiraB ... that's adorable! I had to re-read that a couple of times ... you really stretched out those two FQs!!! Your embroidered work is always amazing to see. Those bees must take a LOT Of thread. The detail is incredible! And thank you for not wanting to just put the blocks together 3x4 etc. Boring, ITA! Your quilting is exceptional. Did you do this on the LA at the LQS?

CarrieM ... we'll all be waiting for the answer! Says she who had a husband who wanted a telephone booth (the old type) and one of those steel street newspaper stands (that you drop your $ in and take your newspaper out. He got the newspaper stand ... never the telephone booth.

No QuiltE no longarm for this one, I quilted it on my Pfaff Expressions 3.0, except for the crosshatchingand SID it was all done free motion.
    Karen

Mirabelle- that is a wonderful quilt, I just love it! What great work you do, you are one talented lady!

Another interesting fact about your's truly, my father and I raised honey bees after he retired as his hobby. We went together to night classes at the community college to learn how to do this. He loved it! My first hubby and I had 5 1/2 acres, so there was plenty of room on the back slope of our property for the bee hives!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Wow Mirabelle, that's stunning! And the quilting !!!!! Outstanding and from the looks of it you didn't do QAYG. How did you handle it? I can't imagine doing FMQ like that on a big quilt like yours!
    The bees are lovely, I can see a quilt like yours for my future grandtwins (is that a word?) so that means another one on my bucket list Do you still know where you got the bumblebee designs? I would love to know!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh Mirabelle! Gasp! It is just darlin'!
    Bev

Anael it is only 60 inches square so not that big to handle. Sorry I can't remember where the designs came from, I think I have had them for a while

thanks everyone for your kind words
    Karen

Mirab, that quilt is awesome!! You have such great quilting in it. I can't imagine doing that on a DMS-just beautiful.

Jeanie, my BIL raises (is that the right word?) bees and makes the most delicious honey; tastes nothing like store-bought.

QNS, the Pam Bono patterns are on the "free" part of her website, not just club members.

QE, I love the mailbox you use for a sharps container. I want one, too. I'd agree with your late DH-would love to have a phone booth especially one of the old wooden ones.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Mirabelle---that Bee quilt is very cute. Whoever gets it should be very happy.

QE--Well, I asked DH this morning and his response was "well I owned a post office once, but traded it for a turkey fryer, so the least I need is a mail box". Then he said he is working on an old pay phone but since he works at a telephone office that one isn't so hard to come by. So....no real exciting plans....yet!

*Regarding owning a post office, it was a little one (12x12) attached to a little country store we bought (store was closed so it was the "old" clubhouse before we moved). When we bought the property the PO was still open, which was *really nice* when I needed to mail something...out the front door and around the corner! After the PO closed someone asked what we were going to do with the building. In the end DH helped load the building on a trailer and move it about 2 miles north to it's new home. The guy says "I have this turkey fryer we've used once" and DH says "sold"...both things happened around the same time it wasn't really a trade but we always joke that was the "deal".

Jeanie--DH would like to have bees someday. We live across the road from a county park and there are all sorts of wildflowers growing there...he thinks it would make a good honey. This is a dream for long after the kids are raised.

MiraB ... forgot to answer you about the Nanaimo Bars. Looks like they were in the ancient past, as they are in post #450 in this thread.

JeanieG ... now we're hearing your aggie past!

JanRN ... Found it one day in a thrift store and thought, now this could be handy. Most Pig E. Banks would not have a large enough slot for the rotary blades to go through. It's handy to just reach across and "deposit" my offerings! Yes, an old wooden one was what he wanted. The plan was to put it into our farm workshop, complete with a phone. We found a few, but could never find one that was in good enough condition. Most were just plain junk!! There was one right near me that is at the end of a long laneway ... and is used for a shelter while kids wait for the school bus. And now it looks like you need to schmooze MrCarrieM to fulfill your dream!!!

CarrieM ... great story from your DH!! Though I might get worried just what the man might bring home someday! Now that pay phone would make for one giant Pig E. Bank ... but NOT for sharps, real moo-la!! Hey, don't wait til the kids have flown the coop ... start those bees now and make it a family affair. Memories to be built!!!

Mirabelle...what beautiful work! You almost make me want to get an embroidery machine!
    carrie...my daughter started keeping bees a couple years ago. She now has the bumblebee block painted as barn art on her garden shed! I have a friend who is keeping bees right in town. The hives are on the alley by the garage.
    Quilte...When I was a kid, I had a mailbox for my first bank. I see they still have the, too. Did you look at the finishing instructions of the Bono BOM with the final layout?
    it only takes changing color of thread and I'll have the BB blocks ready to sign but they just keep hanging out on my design wall. Maybe today.

Mirabelle, what beautiful work!! Too bad we cannot silently bid on that for your elementary school, but at least, we had the opportunity to see it since you were great to share it with us!! And QuiltE is stirring up things again!! There's always one in every crowd!! More proof for what I said back in #710.

Our kids first money bank was a silver pig. No bees here please. I react to the sting...Another day...another opportunity to sew a few stitches..make some progress forward, I hope. Have a good day!!

GGal ... yes I saw the finishing instructions with layout. I always have a hard time imagining what a layout looks like in REAL fabric. IMHO line drawings with colour on them just doesn't give me a clear vision.

QNSue .. Moi? stirring things up? Which reminds me that I have a batch of cookies to stir up today! My first Pig E. Bank was a cast iron elephant that split into two pieces to open. Oh how I'd love to have that now. We also had one that was an army tank.

Page 32 of 542 FirstFirst ... 22 31 32 33 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast